• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on Continuity in Journeys?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
You’re right. This anime is, was, and will always be sh.it. I don’t know why i’m expecting things to get better..,,
You're entitled to your opinion. But I think you have your expectations set a little too high.

Pokemon has always been this way. Threads of continuity have always been present in the show, but they're weak and secondary to the story they want to tell in the current generation and what marketing wants to focus on.

So what would you expect the anime to do differently while still being appropriate for the 10 year-old age band?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Pokemon has always been this way. Threads of continuity have always been present in the show, but they're weak and secondary to the story they want to tell in the current generation and what marketing wants to focus on.
I feel like with JN it kinda tries to focus on both things but in the end neither of them really end up feeling like they're the focus

PCN24454

I’m talking about now. It’s been 20 years and none of the characters have achieved their dreams, even offscreen. They’re like a hamster on a wheel. Imagine defending this.
It's actually realistic. While they may seem important to us, they're really just normal people in this world. There's really no reason why they need to win.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
You’re right. This anime is, was, and will always be sh.it. I don’t know why i’m expecting things to get better..,,
I realized this quite a while ago once it became obvious that nothing would fundamentally change in this show. Tbh, the only reason I'm still involved with the Pokemon anime is sunk cost fallacy and my love for Pokemon in general. You just gotta accept it and move on, or do what I do and pop in occasionally to see if anything has changed.

PCN24454

I realized this quite a while ago once it became obvious that nothing would fundamentally change in this show. Tbh, the only reason I'm still involved with the Pokemon anime is sunk cost fallacy and my love for Pokemon in general. You just gotta accept it and move on, or do what I do and pop in occasionally to see if anything has changed.
But why does that make it bad?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Not enough Hoenn continuity -_-

Also not making Dawn a 'Top Coordinator' was just criminal.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
…..But none of the main characters have achieved their dreams yet? it’ll most likely happen along with a timeskip.
They could have expanded her dream to be a master coordinator like Wallace was called in DP. Just like how Pokemon league wasn't Ash's dream realised, winning the grand festival could have opened up an avenue for her to expand her dream and become an even better coordinator. Zoey hasn't retired from contests has she?

Morax

King of heroes
They could have expanded her dream to be a master coordinator like Wallace was called in DP. Just like how Pokemon league wasn't Ash's dream realised, winning the grand festival could have opened up an avenue for her to expand her dream and become an even better coordinator. Zoey hasn't retired from contests has she?
Zoey is not a main character, is she? Dawn’s character arc would come to an end after winning a grand festival. It’s why they won’t let her win yet. Ash’s dream has always been vague so they can expand it to whatever they want but they can’t do the same with dawn because her goal is tangible.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Zoey is not a main character, is she? Dawn’s character arc would come to an end after winning a grand festival. It’s why they won’t let her win yet. Ash’s dream has always been vague so he might as well never achieve it.
Her character arc is about becoming a better coordinator, winning the grand festival doesnt have to be the end, she can aspire to be a contest master like Wallace next, simple