• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on Continuity in Journeys?

BobbbidyBob

You want long arcs for the returning characters and I get that but I never saw it as feasible honestly. Iris being in one episode doesnt diminish her narrative impact. Sure it could be more but what they are doing isnt bad either, especially if we get all companions back and Ash is retired
Plus we might see Iris again just like Korrina

Morax

King of heroes
You want long arcs for the returning characters and I get that but I never saw it as feasible honestly. Iris being in one episode doesnt diminish her narrative impact. Sure it could be more but what they are doing isnt bad either, especially if we get all companions back and Ash is retired
What pisses me off is you guys are satisfied with bare minimum. There’s nothing wrong with expecting more, it’s the least we deserve for following this sh.itshow around for 20 years -.-

LazySpy

Kimty
I mean you can hope for more and still be happy with what you get lol, no one told you to follow this shi.tshow if its well, a sh.itshow for you.
Why sh.itshow what happened to good old *

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
The one that hurt me the most was Ash's old Pokémon. By the time the episode aired, we had already seen all they had to offer. They were included in that trailer and the preview to hype everyone and that's literally all the screentime they got.

I just don't see Ash's character ignoring them for so long, barely referencing them and never trying to use them in battle. They had the perfect chance this series but they decided to build a strange team with no chemistry instead.

And it's not just about battles. Something as simple as calling Professor Oak to get Noctowl in an episode about shinies, getting Snorlax for an eating contest, etc. Just like getting Bulbasaur back in AG to help May's. The past decade has turned these mundane natural things into nothing.
Now we have to get hyped because Tracey appeared in a thinking bubble for two seconds even though he just should be there as something natural.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The one that hurt me the most was Ash's old Pokémon. By the time the episode aired, we had already seen all they had to offer. They were included in that trailer and the preview to hype everyone and that's literally all the screentime they got.

I just don't see Ash's character ignoring them for so long, barely referencing them and never trying to use them in battle. They had the perfect chance this series but they decided to build a strange team with no chemistry instead.

And it's not just about battles. Something as simple as calling Professor Oak to get Noctowl in an episode about shinies, getting Snorlax for an eating contest, etc. Just like getting Bulbasaur back in AG to help May's. The past decade has turned these mundane natural things into nothing.
Now we have to get hyped because Tracey appeared in a thinking bubble for two seconds even though he just should be there as something natural.
Fully agree. This series had the most reason to bring back some of his reserves..... He stays in Kanto, PWC.... What better opportunity to use his reserves?..

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
I mean you can hope for more and still be happy with what you get lol, no one told you to follow this shi.tshow if its well, a sh.itshow for you.
Can't really find happiness in something that's superficially done. Because once you go beyond surface deep, what do you even have anymore?

Someone else brought up the example of Tracey above and his post is spot on. Tracey, by all accounts, should have had an appearance in 68 instead of appearing not even physically for a mere second. Not just that, but there have been countless scenarios where continuity could have been factored into the plot of each episode naturally and seamlessly, from Ash's reserves to various returning characters.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Can't really find happiness in something that's superficially done. Because once you go beyond surface deep, what do you even have anymore?

Someone else brought up the example of Tracey above and his post is spot on. Tracey, by all accounts, should have had an appearance in 68 instead of appearing not even physically for a mere second. Not just that, but there have been countless scenarios where continuity could have been factored into the plot of each episode naturally and seamlessly, from Ash's reserves to various returning characters.
Cool if you find it superficial, I dont and it fits seamlessly into the plot and narrative for me. Tracey didnt need to be in that already packed episode

D

Deleted member 384931

I know right. Be happy we get some continuity at all. Its rare for pokemon. And now they are overusing it

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
What pisses me off is you guys are satisfied with bare minimum. There’s nothing wrong with expecting more, it’s the least we deserve for following this sh.itshow around for 20 years -.-

That it, although party, is true. While I enjoy what we get, I also think that we should expect a lot more continuity and they should have no problem in including it. At least in Journeys they are doing it right. I don't know why we should consider continuity parts as luxury when in other anime they do use continuity normally. I mean it's one series but different seasons. Remove the unnecessary fillers and use them for good with continuity episodes. The majority of this show are old school fans who follow the anime since it's OS.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Continuity can be a good thing to have, but having it alone doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. It’s kinda of a double edge blade. In the end it all depends how that continuity is used. It opens up some unique story potential, but also opens up some questions. Like why are ash’s reserved being completely ignored when ash doesn’t even have his usual new region excuse, even though it’s acknowledged that they’re right there?

A one-off appearance for the more minor characters is fine. In fact it’s such a waste that they’ve been as obsessed with random CotDs and not using the large amount actually known game characters just being forgotten, when using them can at the very least be further marketing for other part of the franchise. I don’t consider one second unimportant cameos tho, so i couldn’t care less about things like tracey and paul’s ‘appearance’.

On the other hand major characters needs to used properly, or else it just feels like cheap clickbait being tacked on. The only major character that i felt was used effectively so far has been gary. Maybe also lance and volkner purely as battlers.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
When the first director was in charge, I think they struggled with the episodic nature and how to implement continuity within that. I think now we're seeing good improvements and hopefully in the future they'll make better use of returning characters, Pokemon development, allowing characters and Pokemon to shine even in episodes that aren't focused on them.