• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on "Decolora Adventures!" Team Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Japanese kids like that, and a small minority of non little kids. I would guarantee that like 90% of fans that are old than 15 just find it obnoxious and horribly unfunny. When they were competent villains and actually were finally able to somewhat accomplish things, it made the anime feel fresh and not a rehash every time they appeared.

I doubt even Japanese kids found them funny in today's episode. They showed up, got hit and blasted off, there was NOTHING that could possibly be considered funny.

Gurk

I can't stand when people say that when TRio went serious, suddenly the anime felt FRESH and NEW and EXCITING. I'm sorry but Ash still caught starters and his water and leaf starters didn't evolve, Ash was still the main protagonist and carried his Pikachu around and left all the Pokemon he caught in Sinnoh behind, fought through all the gyms, participated in a mini-tournament, had a rival, caught a bird Pokemon, helped out Pokemon in need, helped out random strangers in need, his stomach growled a lot, was super awkward and stiff when it came to romance stuff, didn't win the tournament and had a companion who knew how to cook, plus a lot of other stuff I bet.

ALL THIS but Team Rocket being serious is the one thing that makes Pokemon all new and fresh? Give me a break...

TanukiKing

Team Rocket fan
Japanese kids like that, and a small minority of non little kids. I would guarantee that like 90% of fans that are old than 15 just find it obnoxious and horribly unfunny. When they were competent villains and actually were finally able to somewhat accomplish things, it made the anime feel fresh and not a rehash every time they appeared.

Can you prove that? Also you are forgetting that people here are not all grown fans. Also you can go to forums of other countries with grown fans and see that in that forums I would be the majority.

About Virgil133 comment TR in this episode had lots of funny things: the disguises and the paper Golem. This was feel fresh. Serious TR just put a boring secret agent plot in the anime, that is disliked in many countries.

TanukiKing

Team Rocket fan
Gurk I only saw your comment know and I have to say that you are absolutly right.
Da is being much fresh than ALL BW, because it brings back something japanese fans (and the majority of other fans) love about this show: funny TR. This episode made me incredibily happy because it prove that old TR is much popular thhan seious TR and that they will stay in the anime.
Serious TR is just popular among spy series fans and that series are not very liked in many countries do to obvious reasons.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
How can this stuff possibly be considered fresh? So rehashing old filler plots like from johto and hoenn involving trio is fresh, but rocket acting competent, interesting, and being the cause of cool plots is boring and stupid?

And where is your proof about any of your information? You can't ask me that, and then not back up your stuff. Where. Are you getting only "serious spy fans" only like competent and interesting TRio? What does serious spy stuff even mean?

LizardonX

Banned
How can this stuff possibly be considered fresh? So rehashing old filler plots like from johto and hoenn involving trio is fresh, but rocket acting competent, interesting, and being the cause of cool plots is boring and stupid?

The key word being acting. They were never competent or interesting.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Yea they were, at least competent, you can't argue against that. I can't force someone to find it interesting, but I'm shocked anyone over the age of like 15-16 to find like what they did today funny and hilarious.

TanukiKing

Team Rocket fan

Good point Tropius19. The problem of serious TR fans is that they think they were some kind of super competent agents who were never defeated by a 10 year old kid in BW. They will always be defeated by Ash and I prefer them to fight until getting blast of instead of just escape when things become bad for them. that is not TR.

Gurk

Yuoke, watch your mouth, I am 18 myself, and I happen to prefer funny TRio over the serious one. Does that mean... I have a sense of humor inferior to a grown up or something? Where do you find the entertainment in Pokemon anime then?

TanukiKing

Team Rocket fan
Yea they were, at least competent, you can't argue against that. I can't force someone to find it interesting, but I'm shocked anyone over the age of like 15-16 to find like what they did today funny and hilarious.

Are you insulting me'

LizardonX

Banned

Flying off on jetpacks isn't that much of an improvement over blasting off.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Good point Tropius19. The problem of serious TR fans is that they think they were some kind of super competent agents who were never defeated by a 10 year old kid in BW. They will always be defeated by Ash and I prefer them to fight until getting blast of instead of just escape when things become bad for them. that is not TR.

Did you not watch any of the episodes leading up to the meloetta plot or any of episode n? They actually went to fight against plasma and brought interesting stories like with meowth and colress. Interesting you have selective memory for competent and interesting rocket.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
TR in this episode had lots of funny things: the disguises and the paper Golem. This was feel fresh.

I am not gonna lie, this gave me a good laugh xD

Serious TR just put a boring secret agent plot in the anime, that is disliked in many countries.

Why do you keep acting like all the fans in a country share the same opinion? It's absolutely ridiculous to say things like "Everyone in Japan loves silly TR!" or "Only fans from the US love serious TR!". Some people in the US like silly TR and others like them serious, same goes for Japan and any other country for that matter.

Gurk

Did you not watch any of the episodes leading up to the meloetta plot or any of episode n? They actually went to fight against plasma and brought interesting stories like with meowth and colress. Interesting you have selective memory for competent and interesting rocket.

The problem wasn't that TRio was competent, but that the writers crushed their characters completely, and they were replaced with villain no. 1, 2 and 3. If you find villains 1, 2 and 3 interesting, well good for you, I'd rather have Jessie, James and Meowth back though.

LizardonX

Banned
I did, they basically lurked in the shadows and spied on meloetta with a camera.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The problem wasn't that TRio was competent, but that the writers crushed their characters completely, and they were replaced with villain no. 1, 2 and 3. If you find villains 1, 2 and 3 interesting, well good for you, I'd rather have Jessie, James and Meowth back though.
If you find mewoth being blown out of a paper machette golem and blasting off interesting, good for you. I would rather have competent villains back though.

TanukiKing

Team Rocket fan
First of all I am gonna report you. In second place they don´t fight in operation tempest and they were more fun than competent in episode N. Also don´t forget that they didn´t fight plasma in the meowth-colress episode. They escape after saving Meowth. In team plasma´s debut they do something and get blast off. That was ok. In the next episode their battle was interupt because Colress machine was accidently destroyed and in the final batthe they were already their funny selves and fight for their friend looker.

Also I don´t like that you called me childish. So please answer Gurk´s question and explain why you watch the show then.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
First of all I am gonna report you. In second place they don´t fight in operation tempest and they were more fun than competent in episode N. Also don´t forget that they didn´t fight plasma in the meowth-colress episode. They escape after saving Meowth. In team plasma´s debut they do something and get blast off. That was ok. In the next episode their battle was interupt because Colress machine was accidently destroyed and in the final batthe they were already their funny selves and fight for their friend looker.

Also I don´t like that you called me childish. So please answer Gurk´s question and explain why you watch the show then.
I didnt call anyone childish or say anything rude at all, but I will report you too then if that is case. I am just questioning the writing of team rocket and their point in these episodes.

Gurk

If you find mewoth being blown out of a paper machette golem and blasting off interesting, good for you. I would rather have competent villains back though.

!!!! Oh dear lord. Didn't you understand anything I said? Why is this so hard for you?!

Let me break it down. TRio can be competent, fly away every time with their silly little jet packs, yet still maintain their character that they had in Sinnoh. Or is suddenly their personality what you find so unappealing, that you'd rather have those more-or-less stale villains appear for a few minutes, mostly fail their mission, and fly away?

But mind you, Team Rocket is never supposed to succeed. This is Pokemon, not some psychological anime where the watchers are made to believe that the evil team will lose, but in the end they'll get their way. Team Rocket, all villainous teams will bow down to King Ash and his hacked Pikachu at the end of the series anyway.

TanukiKing

Team Rocket fan
I am not gonna lie, this gave me a good laugh xD

Why do you keep acting like all the fans in a country share the same opinion? It's absolutely ridiculous to say things like "Everyone in Japan loves silly TR!" or "Only fans from the US love serious TR!". Some people in the US like silly TR and others like them serious, same goes for Japan and any other country for that matter.

I said a majority of the fans in a country. Obviously is not everyone. Also why did you laugh?

Status
Not open for further replies.