• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on "Decolora Adventures!" Team Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I find the serious JJM more interesting than their bland DA selves.

Haha, it's surprising how you call the present TR bland and the one we saw in Best Wishes season 1 'interesting'. I will admit the Team Rocket's Meteonite plot was interesting, but it's not because of JJM but the plot itself. JJM could have as well been Cassidy or Butch and it still would have been interesting.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Haha, it's surprising how you call the present TR bland and the one we saw in Best Wishes season 1 'interesting'. I will admit the Team Rocket's Meteonite plot was interesting, but it's not because of JJM but the plot itself. JJM could have as well been Cassidy or Butch and it still would have been interesting.

Agreed. The only thing I found interesting about BW TR is the amount of schemes. Honestly, if we got other TR members instead it wouldn't have been different to me. To the contrary, maybe the new members would have interested me even more than JJM.

I have nothing against DA TRio. At least they don't steal as much screen time as they did before BW. That's what matter the most to me.

Akuroma

The Doctor

I find serious trio more interesting than their AG/DP antics. And there are a few reasons as to why: One is the Meteonite plot, of course. Second is the Nimbasa plot. And I could go on with this list, if I wanted to, but I will leave it here.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have nothing against DA TRio. At least they don't steal as much screen time as they did before BW. That's what matter the most to me.

I agree. They're not quite as entertaining as their OS selves imo, but they're interesting enough at the moment so that I don't mind seeing them. And of course, they don't "steal" as much screen-time as before so there's not much I can complain about although obviously, the fact that their personalities changed so much in BW is still something that makes me cringe. I shall never forget how inconsistently the writers have treated TR in this saga.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Haha, it's surprising how you call the present TR bland and the one we saw in Best Wishes season 1 'interesting'.

There is nothing interesting about acting like you have an IQ of 6.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Being super-spies, carefully plotting a large-scale theft and infiltration gambit at the same time, trying to control the weather, and generally being competent threats is interesting.

Making the same kind of appearances, using the same kinds of jokes, and always getting blasted off in the end is not interesting. It's freaking predictable.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Being super-spies, carefully plotting a large-scale theft and infiltration gambit at the same time, trying to control the weather, and generally being competent threats is interesting.

Making the same kind of appearances, using the same kinds of jokes, and always getting blasted off in the end is not interesting. It's freaking predictable.

I get what you're saying, but I'd prefer consistency or a gradual growth. TRio getting a promotion made sense, but I feel like there was so much more they could have done, like an underlying plot of how TRio felt about achieving their dream and maybe a rivalry with Butch and Cassidy. All that happened was we had the goofballs get a promotion at the end of DP, then BW airs and they're suddenly serious to a point it doesn't seem natural

If TRio had better lines when they're goofballs, people probably wouldn't hate them as much. I take it that people who dislike normal TRio aren't fans of Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck, Tweety Bird, Sylvester, Wile E Coyote, Roadrunner, Beavis and Butt-head, The Simpson's, Tom and Jerry, Goofy, Johnny Bravo, etc....

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Most of those characters you mentioned don't use the exact same "jokes" over and over.

Last edited:

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
All of those characters you mentioned don't use the exact same "jokes" over and over.

Yes. They do. I would rather answer specific questions than an entire essay explaining the similarities so I'll do it simple

Wile E, Elmer, Sylvester, Tom, Beavis and Butt-head, and Johnny Bravo = TRio

Roadrunner, Bugs, Tweety, Jerry, "scoring" and chicks, = never stealing Pikachu for the boss or other Pokémon and blasting off

p96822

Evolve me please
In way that team rocket should have been writen out of this season of Bw. I was okay with them in Bw, Bw2 and a little of Bw2N, but in this sage they are kind of pointless. In the Zourark episode they did nothing to move the plot along and fell into the ocean. They were never seen again. Big Lipped Alagator momment! I want new made up villians to bring something new to the table and show Pokemon can have good villians.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I get what you're saying, but I'd prefer consistency or a gradual growth. TRio getting a promotion made sense, but I feel like there was so much more they could have done, like an underlying plot of how TRio felt about achieving their dream and maybe a rivalry with Butch and Cassidy. All that happened was we had the goofballs get a promotion at the end of DP, then BW airs and they're suddenly serious to a point it doesn't seem natural

That happened because one change BW made at the beginning was the dropping of endless filler episodes that ultimately mean nothing.

You got how they felt about achieving their dream in DP191 and BW002. Butch and Cassidy were even worse characters than they were by DP and had nothing to contribute.

If TRio had better lines when they're goofballs, people probably wouldn't hate them as much.

You tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.

I take it that people who dislike normal TRio aren't fans of Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck, Tweety Bird, Sylvester, Wile E Coyote, Roadrunner, Beavis and Butt-head, The Simpson's, Tom and Jerry, Goofy, Johnny Bravo, etc....

The difference is that the vast majority of those are actually funny.

Imagine if the Three Stooges made a 30 minute television show every week for 15+ years. And even then, their writing was more creative.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
That happened because one change BW made at the beginning was the dropping of endless filler episodes that ultimately mean nothing.

You got how they felt about achieving their dream in DP191 and BW002. Butch and Cassidy were even worse characters than they were by DP and had nothing to contribute.

You tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.

The difference is that the vast majority of those are actually funny.

Imagine if the Three Stooges made a 30 minute television show every week for 15+ years. And even then, their writing was more creative.

Such debating manners. Yes I need to tell myself lies to keep me sane and from being clinically depressed. Because apparently I'm wrong for having a different opinion

I've had people tell me they dislike some, most, or all of those characters because
1. They're too stupid. The joke is that it's supposed to be stupid but they find it too stupid
2. It's the same thing over and over and we all know _______ will never get/shoot/steal/eat/etc _________

My point is humor is subjective. Also, your Three Stooges comparison is wrong. There's only about 20-23 minutes each week, most of which they aren't the central focus. It's about Ash, Pikachu, Ash's Pokémon, and Ash's friends

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Such debating manners. Yes I need to tell myself lies to keep me sane and from being clinically depressed. Because apparently I'm wrong for having a different opinion

Sarcasm.

I was sarcastic because you could not possibly be more wrong with the assumption that "better lines" would be the fix for the problem.

Also, your Three Stooges comparison is wrong. There's only about 20-23 minutes each week, most of which they aren't the central focus. It's about Ash, Pikachu, Ash's Pokémon, and Ash's friends

And for years on end it was about how they beat Team Rocket every week.

Making this about the numbers is a strawman. The point is that Team Rocket did the exact same shtick every week for countless years with no variation. It got old. (And you hurt your own argument by bringing in The Simpsons, because even a lot of their fans think that show is way past its prime.)

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Sarcasm.

I was sarcastic because you could not possibly be more wrong with the assumption that "better lines" would be the fix for the problem.

And for years on end it was about how they beat Team Rocket every week.

Making this about the numbers is a strawman. The point is that Team Rocket did the exact same shtick every week for countless years with no variation. It got old. (And you hurt your own argument by bringing in The Simpsons, because even a lot of their fans think that show is way past its prime.)

My mistake, I apologize. What I meant was it can be a part of it. Dialogue is important, but I wasn't trying to say it was the main problem. I found TRio funny most of the time until the dub switch. Then they got to be funny at times, but made me cringe because some lines seemed forced or unnatural. I also never really had a problem with them being in the show because I consider them staples to the show, and it wouldn't seem right to just take them out of it without some kind of ending(like Brock). But instances like them in the Sinnoh League were a bit much.

I guess I didn't have a problem with their shtick because it seemed "right" to me and that I got it was supposed to be over and over again but different shtick for different situations. To me, that's what TRio is. But I agree with you that the writers need to make changes and how they let things play out. I dislike how they handled Ash like you dislike how they handled TRio, but I'm hopeful for X and Y and that it will be a long series with plenty of time so there's not any rushing.

That's what I feel was the main problem with BW anime. Not enough time. Same with my dislike of the rushed feeling of the Sinnoh League and ending of the AG series, they had no time.

*Edit*
The Simpson's weren't getting bad until after the movie. I blame the movie for the current apathy towards the Simpson's too. From what I hear it's getting better though

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Fair enough.

Unfortunately (for me at least) the chances of Team Rocket at least going back to their latter-half Chapter of N selves are much lower than Ash doing better in Kalos than in Unova.

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
I'm sick and tired of Team Rocket. I enjoyed them from OS-AG. By the time DP rolled around, I had enough of them. Keeping them around for X and Y would be a huge mistake.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
My mistake, I apologize. What I meant was it can be a part of it. Dialogue is important, but I wasn't trying to say it was the main problem. I found TRio funny most of the time until the dub switch. Then they got to be funny at times, but made me cringe because some lines seemed forced or unnatural. I also never really had a problem with them being in the show because I consider them staples to the show, and it wouldn't seem right to just take them out of it without some kind of ending(like Brock). But instances like them in the Sinnoh League were a bit much.

I guess I didn't have a problem with their shtick because it seemed "right" to me and that I got it was supposed to be over and over again but different shtick for different situations. To me, that's what TRio is. But I agree with you that the writers need to make changes and how they let things play out. I dislike how they handled Ash like you dislike how they handled TRio, but I'm hopeful for X and Y and that it will be a long series with plenty of time so there's not any rushing.

That's what I feel was the main problem with BW anime. Not enough time. Same with my dislike of the rushed feeling of the Sinnoh League and ending of the AG series, they had no time.

*Edit*
The Simpson's weren't getting bad until after the movie. I blame the movie for the current apathy towards the Simpson's too. From what I hear it's getting better though

The anime didn't have a lot of time because there were no remakes this gen, so that took a full year off of BW.

And the simpsons went down hill before the movie.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wile E, Elmer, Sylvester, Tom, Beavis and Butt-head, and Johnny Bravo = TRio

Roadrunner, Bugs, Tweety, Jerry, "scoring" and chicks, = never stealing Pikachu for the boss or other Pokémon and blasting off

They at least take their goal seriously, and are actually funny. All TR does is...act stupid (they expect to please their boss this way? Please...)

Agility

Bah.
So TR doing interesting, competent things like spying, succeeding at theft, and getting stuff done is more "robotic" than inane, 5 year old humor and blasting off.

Yeah, okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.