• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on "Decolora Adventures!" Team Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

They're okay now. But if they ever go back to their full DP selves completely, I'm done. Couldn't stand them in DP at all. At least they aren't in every episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
They're okay now. But if they ever go back to their full DP selves completely, I'm done. Couldn't stand them in DP at all. At least they aren't in every episode.

I think their current personas are similar to their DP personas tbh. They act silly and I've yet to see the extremely serious side of them that they showed during most of BW. I honestly don't know why so many people are bothered by them all of a sudden. I know it's strange how their personalities have shifted again, but we kind of knew ahead of time that it would happen ever since their seiyuu complained and got their own radio broadcast. It just seemed inevitable that they'd convince the writers to change Team Rocket again.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

I'm genuinely curious to know what's left?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

Uh, there were pretty pathetic in Hoenn and Johto too. I felt like Team Rocket wasn't even in BW considering how absent they were. I think Team Plasma and all of the other villians were so much better than them.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Uh, there were pretty pathetic in Hoenn and Johto too. I felt like Team Rocket wasn't even in BW considering how absent they were. I think Team Plasma and all of the other villians were so much better than them.

I agree and they would have been handled way better and would have gotten more screentime if Team Rocket was written off when Johto ended, which should have happened. I feel like this is one of the writers' biggest mistakes.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I really wonder if the outcome would have been any different had the Rocket vs. Plasma episodes not been postponed. i really liked that TR and i loved that they were a serious threat, not only to Ash and his crew but the regional villian team too.

diakyu

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I would argue they're worse now than they ever were before, especially after seeing Charmander the Stray Pokemon again on Smash earlier. No personality, no purpose, just brainless, soulless buffoons who exist only to spew unfunny humor for their overentitled fanbase. Seriously, Misty's fans (mostly) got over it, May's fans got over it, Dawn's fans got over it, Brock's fans got over it, so the fans of Idiot Rockets could have gotten over it too. You are not special.

What is funny is how some people spent two years whining about how Team Rocket acting as if they had some intelligence meant they were 'lobotomized' when now they behave as if their brains were torn out right before each episode.
This man speaks my opinions on them better than I could. It's like DP Brock: "Funny" Rocket is a joke that died long ago and the writers are moving the corpse around pretending it's still alive. And this is when rigor mortis sets in mind. Unlike DP Brock though, the corpse has now decayed into a skeleton on the verge of crumbling into dust, and it's obvious it's dead.

And yet they still pretend it's alive.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
All I'll say is that I'm glad that they're back to being humorous, because they were bland and just plain terrible as serious characters.. and if people don't like that? Well it sucks to be them, can't keep everyone happy.

I prefer comedic JJ & M over serious JJ & M any day. They absolutely suck as serious characters. If people really need serious TR, we still have many other members like Agent Pierce, Zager, Attlia and Hun etc. etc.

First of all, I am not sure how people couldn't find the fact that Giovanni entrusting a bunch of failures like JJ & M with Unova is a ********. It was too convenient and those who fangasmed over serious TR obviously ignored the logical inconsistency. Just go back to the Johto Episodes if you want to remember how Giovanni treats JJ & M.

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Friendly reminder that bashing any incarnation of TR, be it BW1/2, Da!, DP or whatever, is not tolerated.

Well let me rephrase it then. Team Rocket had always been a source of comedy, and didn't contribute much to Giovanni. Back in Johto he was really annoyed by those three and even wanted to send them to Antarctica. The only reason he still had them on team was 1) They owed him a lot 2) They were extremely loyal.

Now, this has continued to DP too. Giovanni never really cared what the three were up to. But in BW, you suddenly see him trusting them with high class missions. I find it extremely inconsistent.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
The fact that "they" took down three Team ___s prior was probably a big factor in Giovanni trusting them with the big guns.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
They just Robot with unfunny humor :3
just wait till XY anime they will just become a robot who trying to be funny and hogging screen time just for plot :)

The fact that "they" took down three Team ___s prior was probably a big factor in Giovanni trusting them with the big guns.

If Giovanni was a good enough leader....then he'd know what role they actually played in bringing down the Team -s. Newspapers will talk about Lance, the Champion of Kanto taking down Team Magma and Aqua, not three Rocket grunts. The same goes to Galactic.

Bringing down three teams is the reason indeed for Giovanni to trust JJM but that doesn't make it any less logic-less.

Janovy

Banned
Well my answer is obvious: I'm happy they're back.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
They're pathetic in almost every season. But they are downright embarrassing in DP.

I don't know why people keep saying DP was Rocket's crap season. At least Jessie did better in her contests. That was at least better than in Johto where neither of them did nothing. And they've gone back to acting like fools again. So I rather a new team or Butch and Cassidy than to go back to Team Rocket as a whole. But that is going off topic, so I'll squash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.