• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on "Decolora Adventures!" Team Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well my answer is obvious: I'm happy they're back.

I'm sort of glad they're back too. I mean at first I was skeptical because I thought they were gonna start being too "funny," but they seem pretty balanced. They're like their DP selves only with less silly mechas and stuff. And since they don't appear all the time, we can at least relax knowing that they won't take up too much screen-time from other characters.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
My honest opinion about TRio is that they haven't contributed much to the anime since kanto (if they did at all back then) and thus, I feel that the way they started off in Unova was the way they should have been in Kanto and then been written off after johto. Simply for the fact that the writers honestly don't seem to know what to do with them anymore. Whether it's switching between incompetent and competent, or switching from serious to funny, they're all inconsistencies and i love them as characters especially after episodes that showed James' soft side. And even more after i realized how competent they can be in Unova. It was interesting to see what influence TRio had against team plasma in the anime since it wasn't something in the games at all. It was like pokemon warfare between two villanous teams and Ash&co. in the middle of it all. The problem with that is that 2 very important episodes were postponed and there's no way of knowing whether the current outcome is what was planned from the start (which i seriously doubt) or if something bigger was planned for them. I think the anime would have felt a bit more fluid if a few more characters like themselves were brought in each generation from the region's evil team to sort of hassle and stalk ash throughout his adventures there and then been written off at the end of their saga. It might sound extremely repetitive and predictable but i don't think TRio has been handled any better than that.

I personally like TRio more than i ever liked brock, but i feel like it's their time to go. and if the writers can write brock off after 4 regions with Ash, i think they can write off JJM as well.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Since my question wasn't answered, I'll answer it myself: boss fantasies, which I had forgotten. Something in my gut tells me to expect those to return very soon, probably in the next episode.

Re; the idea of other 'serious' members still existing: those serious members of Team Rocket have been erased and will not be seen again, purely because of a certain section of their fanbase's obsessive sense of entitlement to Team Rocket only existing for kindergarten humor.

All I'll say is that I'm glad that they're back to being humorous, because they were bland and just plain terrible as serious characters.. and if people don't like that? Well it sucks to be them, can't keep everyone happy.

And this is exactly what I mean when I talk about entitlement.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They are okay. I feel like they should be written off though.

Since my question wasn't answered, I'll answer it myself: boss fantasies, which I had forgotten. Something in my gut tells me to expect those to return very soon, probably in the next episode.

Re; the idea of other 'serious' members still existing: those serious members of Team Rocket have been erased and will not be seen again, purely because of a certain section of their fanbase's obsessive sense of entitlement to Team Rocket only existing for kindergarten humor.

And this is exactly what I mean when I talk about entitlement.

I thought the boss fantasies were pretty random and strange. Funny, but mostly random.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I thought the boss fantasies were pretty random and strange. Funny, but mostly random.

i agree/ they were funny at times, but they got random and annoying after a while. i'm not to keen on the fact that they have taken a huge step backwards in terms of competence. it is annoying that they had a chance and are now back to being incompetent.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm fine with the way things are, I like it better this way and I don't want to argue with some one we know who pushes there opinion onto others about Team Rocket being serious and I really don't want to get into that right now.

gohan5

Irisboy
Eh, I'm so so on the matter, they do seem to be off. I did enjoy them better I think as serious characters, because it was a welcome change for them. However, I do like that they are still somewhat goofy, no not because they lacked character or whatever, but because it kinda balances the flow. There's no need for TP serious-esque villains in a series like DA, where we're just coasting until the next gen comes along. So to me, this is a nice medium for the TRio, sure they don't need to be in every episode (and they're not), but hey that's the same TRio that existed before BW and DA.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Eh, I'm so so on the matter, they do seem to be off. I did enjoy them better I think as serious characters, because it was a welcome change for them. However, I do like that they are still somewhat goofy, no not because they lacked character or whatever, but because it kinda balances the flow. There's no need for TP serious-esque villains in a series like DA, where we're just coasting until the next gen comes along. So to me, this is a nice medium for the TRio, sure they don't need to be in every episode (and they're not), but hey that's the same TRio that existed before BW and DA.

It's all about striking the right balance, there are moments they can be somewhat serious, and moments they can just be chucked in for comedy factor. As long as we don't get to the DP stage where they distract from the plot of an episode.

I honestly just want them to go away, but that's just me.

I liked the seriousness at first in BW because it was different. It was refreshing to get a new take on them after sooooooooooo many years of them being dumb and taking away half of an episode. But now I'm just overall tired of them.

If they're going to go back to being serious in Kalos I don't see the point of having them around anymore. I'm sure there will be some new evil organization next gen that can fill that role, unless they just bring back Team Rocket altogether.

Matsuyamakun

Funny and strong Team Rocket is the best for me.They did really well against Team Plasma before DA starts.
I think Episode N and DA showed us Team Rocket can be serious and comedic at the same time.
I don't like too serious or stupid Team Rocket.I think they are balanced right now and I am fine with that.
I think they must stay in XY series too.Ash's pokemons can't get any development without Team Rocket.This anime can't be funny without Team Rocket.Old Team Rocket pokemons should rejoin in XY.
I just don't want to see Team Rocket losing to stupid CotD.There is no need to put Team Rocket in every episode.

BlueWartortle

ぶル ワルとルツル
TR has kept its BW character while being the fun it was in DP. Da did a great job on that part, since we don't really want them to be around in every episode!

fubufubu

i like to think of it as relearning an old life lesson *ahem* i quote!: "Don't act like someone you're not, because it makes people happy, be yourself"

fubufubu

I think that quote is a perfect reason why they shouldn't act like they do in AG/DP/DA :)
*double facepalm* i MEANT why should team rocket be serious when it's extremely obvious they were never meant to be so in the first place? hence "don't be something you're not"

FireTypeLeader

Personally I find team rocket quite funny, i mean the DP TRio were the best because they had substance, the contests and the familial battles, showing they were competent, the start of BW showed they wanted to make something of themselves with Giovanni but now that mission is over why should they be serious? In my opinion TRio are more interesting than Ash who IMO is a bit wet.... I like him and he's a good protagonist but there's nothing wrong with team rocket, they are main characters more so that Iris and Cilan...

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
The one good thing about them is that they're not in every single episode, at least.

i like to think of it as relearning an old life lesson *ahem* i quote!: "Don't act like someone you're not, because it makes people happy, be yourself"

Tell that to Giovanni :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.