• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on "Decolora Adventures!" Team Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
I haven't actually seen a single of episode of Da from start to finish yet but from what I saw its better thanBW and EPN TR for sure.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I admit that Team Rocket seemed redundant in the previous DA episode. I mean they didn't do anything worth talking about, which was a shame since I liked them in the other DA episodes. Still, I wasn't too bothered, but I know a lot of people complain about them being in the anime still. However, if they only appear for a few minutes per episode, I don't see what the problem is. I mean they aren't taking too much screen-time.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I admit that Team Rocket seemed redundant in the previous DA episode. I mean they didn't do anything worth talking about, which was a shame since I liked them in the other DA episodes. Still, I wasn't too bothered, but I know a lot of people complain about them being in the anime still. However, if they only appear for a few minutes per episode, I don't see what the problem is. I mean they aren't taking too much screen-time.

By that logic more characters should be added who have no purpose.

If they or any other character are serving absolutely no purpose in an episode, they shouldn't be there. And yes, do remember that Team Rocket haven't served any useful role since Da! started, and you may see where I'm going.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
TR simply aren't interesting anymore in any form. The new Pokemon they got this saga were throwaway and their least memorable, probably due to the fact that we barely see them.

At least with Seviper, Cacnea, Carnivine and Dustox/Yanmega they were used often enough and got almost as much screentime as Arbok/Weezing did.

Honestly I don't think anyone is going to even remember what Pokemon Team Rocket had in Best Wishes a few years from now.

fitzy909

Just another guy
TR simply aren't interesting anymore in any form. The new Pokemon they got this saga were throwaway and their least memorable, probably due to the fact that we barely see them.

At least with Seviper, Cacnea, Carnivine and Dustox/Yanmega they were used often enough and got almost as much screentime as Arbok/Weezing did.

Honestly I don't think anyone is going to even remember what Pokemon Team Rocket had in Best Wishes a few years from now.

true. the pokemon they have rarely appear, whereas pokemon like seviper and carnivine were used almost every episode. the pokemon they have now really don't have any characteristics or at least not as much as the older ones did.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon

Let's just hope jessie get's wobbuffet back.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

I actually like Yamask and Frillish a lot, I'd rather this group of Pokemon not consistently be made out to be ass clowns. Jessie's Seviper, Carnivine, Dustox, etc. were made out to be jokes most of the time and hardly appeared competently at all. Out of that group the only one who I could invest a tiny bit in is Cacnea and that's only because it had decently done send-off episode and some entertaining moments. Otherwise I can't be bothered to care about their Pokemon when they're consistently subjected to kindergarten humor-level blast-offs and defeats. A damn Seviper losing to a fresh Piplup? Are you kidding me?

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I actually like Yamask and Frillish a lot, I'd rather this group of Pokemon not consistently be made out to be ass clowns. Jessie's Seviper, Carnivine, Dustox, etc. were made out to be jokes most of the time and hardly appeared competently at all. Out of that group the only one who I could invest a tiny bit in is Cacnea and that's only because it had decently done send-off episode and some entertaining moments. Otherwise I can't be bothered to care about their Pokemon when they're consistently subjected to kindergarten humor-level blast-offs and defeats. A damn Seviper losing to a fresh Piplup? Are you kidding me?

I have to agree with you, though I'd call Frillish my least favorite of the current four.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Seviper was in literally double the amount of episodes Abrok was. Seviper lasted the entire span of AG to DP's final episode, which gave it almost 400 episodes compared to Arbok's 275.

Kein

AKA Silktree
Seviper was in literally double the amount of episodes Abrok was. Seviper lasted the entire span of AG to DP's final episode, which gave it almost 400 episodes compared to Arbok's 275.
That's really inaccurate. Arbok's duration was 280 episodes and Seviper's was 376 (which is nowhere near double), but neither one of them appeared in every episode. Since Jessie used Arbok more frequently, it appeared in a total of 145 episodes while Seviper appeared in 134 episodes.

The Animedex is your friend if you insist on making this kind of comparisons.

Battle-wise, even I like Yamask and Woobat and others. They are surprisingly competitive but they hardly have anything called 'character'. I just see Deathmas and Koromori as soulless fighters just like all of Team Plasma's Pokemon. I mean, I don't want the same overused Sabonea/Muskippa gag, but I at least want something that makes their Pokemon unique. Of course the same is the issue with Gamagaru or Gantoru.

This is what I have been repeating for ages, and it is applicable here too. I don't mind a serious TR plot, but Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu are totally out of character when they are serious. They can have serious TR if they want, but why use these three? There are many other amazing TR people who can do the same role Musashi, Kojiro did along with Zager Hakase.

The problem? They don't want to get rid of TRio, and at the same time they understand people are tired of comedic TR. They happened to use the bad solution: Make them serious.

And yes, I am ridiculing you for not using Japanese names :p

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Battle-wise, even I like Yamask and Woobat and others. They are surprisingly competitive but they hardly have anything called 'character'. I just see Deathmas and Koromori as soulless fighters just like all of Team Plasma's Pokemon. I mean, I don't want the same overused Sabonea/Muskippa gag, but I at least want something that makes their Pokemon unique. Of course the same is the issue with Gamagaru or Gantoru.
On the topic of personality, Desmas in its debut episode showed its gratitude and sign of hunger and in the Hitomoshi episode it showed its ability to communicate and sort of manipulate the Hitomoshi for Team Rocket's own gain, and Desmas did utilize its mask as a shield similar to what Mijumaru does with his hotachi in the fishing episode. So it does have some character and Koromori's lack of character can be attributed to the fact it doesn't have a face so it's hard to show forms of emotion without utilizing anime effects.(Like it getting all tense and nervous when cornered by Kairyu and Lizardon in the honey episode and sweat drops signaling that.) Neither of them gets an immense amount of screen time so I never really expect much personality out of either, TR's previous Pokemon haven't really had any unique personality(Except for Delibird, Gar-Chan, and Manene if we count the former two).

I mean it pales in-comparison when you look at the BW trio's Pokemon and realize how many of the Pokemon have different substantial personalities. Tsutarja's snideness, Mijumaru's clowny, Zuruggu's a roughneck, Kairyu is tough and not the average Kairyu, Kibago's innocent and toddlerish, Emonga's deceitful, Doryuzu's a big softie who acts calm and cool and a bit of a bully...umm...let's see Pikachu's a voice of reason and leader, Chaobu's determined and had a defeatist nature as a Pokabu, Waruvial acts confident and competitive and timid at times.
Gantle and Hahahomori had a lot of personality when they weren't evolved, as a Kurimiru he attacked Satoshi and showed he was kiddish and competitive and Gantle was jumpy and hyperactive as a Dangoro. Gamagaru was like a mob boss in his debut episode. Kenharou when she was a Mamepato showed she was kinda slow and proud.(Flexing before evolving and a slow reaction to being Headbutted.) Those personality traits have been lost since their debut because they either don't get enough screen time or evolution can be seen as a sign of maturity and passing off these traits.

TR's Pokemon have almost all always been just comedic, it's almost never anything different with them. There Pokemon do show general sadness like any Pokemon in release episodes but that's that really. There's never been variety, Habunake when Musashi caught it was a deadly, mean, nasty snake Pokemon with a chip on its shoulder but we never saw that side of it again.

And yes, I am ridiculing you for not using Japanese names :p
:p

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Well, Yamask does have a little "personality", kinda. At least in the early eps it was in, like when James caught it<3

Also, say what you want, but I want Amoongus to hug James and paralyse him every time!!

manav95

Well Team Rocket was the only good thing in Unova. They were actually threatening and kicked butt in this one. We actually saw Giovanni battle Ash for once and own him. Maybe TR should get their own spinoff.

On the topic of personality, Desmas in its debut episode showed its gratitude and sign of hunger and in the Hitomoshi episode it showed its ability to communicate and sort of manipulate the Hitomoshi for Team Rocket's own gain, and Desmas did utilize its mask as a shield similar to what Mijumaru does with his hotachi in the fishing episode. So it does have some character and Koromori's lack of character can be attributed to the fact it doesn't have a face so it's hard to show forms of emotion without utilizing anime effects.(Like it getting all tense and nervous when cornered by Kairyu and Lizardon in the honey episode and sweat drops signaling that.) Neither of them gets an immense amount of screen time so I never really expect much personality out of either, TR's previous Pokemon haven't really had any unique personality(Except for Delibird, Gar-Chan, and Manene if we count the former two).

I mean it pales in-comparison when you look at the BW trio's Pokemon and realize how many of the Pokemon have different substantial personalities. Tsutarja's snideness, Mijumaru's clowny, Zuruggu's a roughneck, Kairyu is tough and not the average Kairyu, Kibago's innocent and toddlerish, Emonga's deceitful, Doryuzu's a big softie who acts calm and cool and a bit of a bully...umm...let's see Pikachu's a voice of reason and leader, Chaobu's determined and had a defeatist nature as a Pokabu, Waruvial acts confident and competitive and timid at times.
Gantle and Hahahomori had a lot of personality when they weren't evolved, as a Kurimiru he attacked Satoshi and showed he was kiddish and competitive and Gantle was jumpy and hyperactive as a Dangoro. Gamagaru was like a mob boss in his debut episode. Kenharou when she was a Mamepato showed she was kinda slow and proud.(Flexing before evolving and a slow reaction to being Headbutted.) Those personality traits have been lost since their debut because they either don't get enough screen time or evolution can be seen as a sign of maturity and passing off these traits.

TR's Pokemon have almost all always been just comedic, it's almost never anything different with them. There Pokemon do show general sadness like any Pokemon in release episodes but that's that really. There's never been variety, Habunake when Musashi caught it was a deadly, mean, nasty snake Pokemon with a chip on its shoulder but we never saw that side of it again.

:p

Actually when I was writing that post, I remembered: Hey at least Deasmas had some persona in the beginning. Even those of Ash's Pokemon I mentioned had personalities when captured. Maybe BW's rushed pace has killed away their personalities along with screen time (not a sign of maturity, but a lack of screen time :p).

In a way, we are in agreement.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I don't like them that much. That's all I'll say - I miss the serious TRio, they were ironically funnier than Da TRio.

Status
Not open for further replies.