• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on Journeys

Morax

King of heroes
I mean, that makes more sense, but the rest of the comment not at all. Some of the SM battles were restrictive or predictable because they were 1vs1 or 2vs2, and not because the Z-move was used or not, which doesn't make the rest of the battles less tactical
One of the reasons i love JOJO is because characters don't rely on some dumb hissatsu waza which is what Z moves are in general. They are super lethal secret weapons that have the power to change the outcome of the battle in someone's favor. It's this "dodge or die" thing that doesn't fit with me.

RafaSceptile

One of the reasons i love JOJO is because characters don't rely on some dumb hissatsu waza which is what Z moves are in general. They are super lethal secret weapons that have the power to change the outcome of the battle in someone's favor. It's this "dodge or die" thing that doesn't fit with me.
Yes, but the Z move is not always an instant KO, in the process of dodging you can see some kind of strategy (and not necessarily with another Z-move, for example, Ash vs Olivia). Dodging, in some way of another, was always present in the Pokémon anime and will be, since dodging powerful moves is a recurrent thing.

Talking about JOJO, I probably should watch it since it is in my pendings list.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
It was ok. Sure, there isn't much going on for the human characters, but I do enjoy whenever I get to see the Pokemon's interactions & reactions. And of course there's some questionable episodes which we tried to figure out their existences like the Plusle & Minum episode.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, let's just say somehow I care more about Lana's silly goal of helping Popplio make better bubbles than seeing Goh catching anything. I didn't know this thought process was actually possible.

For a series that has the ultimate excuse of seeing a lot of returning characters come back, it sure likes having Journeys in Vermilion.

I don't give a **** about Ash's team as much as I did with his Alolan team, and more than half of those hardly got any battles but made up with appearing a lot anyway.

In other words, SM is somehow much better than what Journeys is doing (though even so, that praise for SM still falls a lot shorter than previous sagas).

Krackochu

Journeys could be SO MUCH BETTER!
That is one of my main thoughts the problem is that it's to episodic unlike the other series things just seem to happen. A perfect example of this is ash's rematch with Bea. It had no build up at all it was unsatisfying. The only things I enjoy about are are ash and Goh themselves. Love the two characters great chemistry. But they need more if their gonna make tons of episodic episodes atleast focus on the characters more instead of random stuff. I barely even know the professor's name not to mention his to other aides who have done nothing.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Journeys could be SO MUCH BETTER!
That is one of my main thoughts the problem is that it's to episodic unlike the other series things just seem to happen. A perfect example of this is ash's rematch with Bea. It had no build up at all it was unsatisfying. The only things I enjoy about are are ash and Goh themselves. Love the two characters great chemistry. But they need more if their gonna make tons of episodic episodes atleast focus on the characters more instead of random stuff. I barely even know the professor's name not to mention his to other aides who have done nothing.
I dont know his name at all. Nor of his assistance..

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
There's always room for improvement but I don't mind Journeys that much. Mostly I'm sick of the writing staff pussyfooting around with the World Coronation stuff - they need to have Ash compete in important battles more often so that him climbing up the ranks actually feels special...

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I can’t believe I’m saying this but it’s been pretty boring but more so, me being uninterested in what’s happening. And that hasn’t happened since the half way mark of XY.... but I continued watching each episode. Here, I’ve just been waiting for another Koharu episode or something that’ll actually interest me like Champion Iris’ return. I might watch the episodes I’ve missed but it’s been 6-7 episodes.

The saga isn’t bad per say, just not entertaining. It just feels like a lot of filler lately.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultimately I feel that this series lacks genuine excitement. The few times that there has been hype is usually when old characters return, although so far those returns have been rather bleak one-off episodes where a character's return doesn't really affect the plot that much. And while I don't dislike Gou himself, I do think that his goal has been mishandled for the most part: they really need to pick up the pace with his captures.

Morax

King of heroes
Ultimately I feel that this series lacks genuine excitement. The few times that there has been hype is usually when old characters return, although so far those returns have been rather bleak one-off episodes where a character's return doesn't really affect the plot that much. And while I don't dislike Gou himself, I do think that his goal has been mishandled for the most part: they really need to pick up the pace with his captures.
SM lacked excitement too, unless you consider lillie skipping a rope exciting.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I think my biggest issue with JN is that tbh a lot of it feels much more corporate-made than usual (which is already quite a bit since this is a merchandise-driven series)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
SM lacked excitement too, unless you consider lillie skipping a rope exciting.
I know this is a sarcastic comment but that scene was legit one of the most daring and magnificent animations Tomioka has had ever animated in his career. And when I mean magnificent, I mean that I’m surprised he didn’t blow his brains off with how complicated and skillful that jump rope scene was. Plus with his talent of producing quality animation at a fast rate, the amount of characters jumping at the same time in a confined area at their own pace, with their own quirks, anatomy, and movements, that was a hell of a killer scene to animate! A round of applause and bow of respect to him!

In short, yes, I found that jump rope scene of Lillie not just exciting, but breathtaking!

Ryker101

Woah wasn't expecting this to get responses 2 weeks after lol

Anyways cheers to anyone who's filled it out. Responses are here. It's still open tho. Keep in mind I also posted this on bulbagarden forums+both discord severs as well.

Morax

King of heroes
I know this is a sarcastic comment but that scene was legit one of the most daring and magnificent animations Tomioka has had ever animated in his career. And when I mean magnificent, I mean that I’m surprised he didn’t blow his brains off with how complicated and skillful that jump rope scene was. Plus with his talent of producing quality animation at a fast rate, the amount of characters jumping at the same time in a confined area at their own pace, with their own quirks, anatomy, and movements, that was a hell of a killer scene to animate! A round of applause and bow of respect to him!

In short, yes, I found that jump rope scene of Lillie not just exciting, but breathtaking!
satopi-sama, i kneel :p

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Animation wise, Journeys has failed to really show anything that can be named as impressive. XY had the battles down (even if 3D cameras were used...not a bad thing to use though) while SM had lively animation outside of their battles in the environment and everything. Journeys doesn't even have at least one or the other to me.

Ash's team is also a huge step down from his SM team. The Journeys team has personality, they just need to appear a hell lot more.

For Goh...well tbh I'm neutral on him. I don't really care about his goal but I don't feel frustrated at it too. Though I agree he's a step down from Kiawe and that Ash could do more with some screen time with his goal being neglected and whatnot.

Chloe's OK. People often call her a "savior" of episodes which is odd. No she ain't. That is Dracovish. Does anyone honestly think some human can do that? No. They can't. Only specimens like Dracovish can.