• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on Journeys

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I know this is a sarcastic comment but that scene was legit one of the most daring and magnificent animations Tomioka has had ever animated in his career. And when I mean magnificent, I mean that I’m surprised he didn’t blow his brains off with how complicated and skillful that jump rope scene was. Plus with his talent of producing quality animation at a fast rate, the amount of characters jumping at the same time in a confined area at their own pace, with their own quirks, anatomy, and movements, that was a hell of a killer scene to animate! A round of applause and bow of respect to him!

In short, yes, I found that jump rope scene of Lillie not just exciting, but breathtaking!
just saying, Iwane is the animator. Tomioka is a writer. Also I just remembered how Iwane said he'd feel he'd die when he was animating that

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Dragalge (the user) is simply extremely biased over vish.
I mean who wouldn't be? That thing is freakin' adorable (despite the.......disturbing implications from its existence) and has an interesting origin. Plus, U NO LALALA

Leonhart

Imagineer
Morax said:
SM lacked excitement too, unless you consider lillie skipping a rope exciting.

I had many complaints about SM, but its supposed lack of excitement wasn't one of them, because I thought the saga had a lot of interesting moments. Satoshi's misadventures in Alola were still more entertaining to me than his occasionally pointless, meandering side trips to other regions in Pocket Monsters 2019. Even the SM cast was generally more intriguing in terms of how they interacted with each other compared to what we have now.

My favorites are XY and OS, then DP and AG next, the rest are in the same position, I admit that BW, XY, SM and JN Ash are very different from each other and different from OS-DP ash but I still liked XY

RafaSceptile

How I like them: SM > DP > AG Kanto > XY > OS Kanto + OI > XYZ > JN > BW > AG Hoenn > OS Johto >BW2

How I think they are from best to worst: DP > AG Kanto > SM > XY > XYZ > OS Kanto + OI > AG Hoenn > JN > BW > BW2 > OS Johto

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's no bait, SM genuinely lacked excitement. I don't remember waiting in anticipation for the next episode. On a weekly schedule SM was completely devoid of hype.
Idk about that since I didn't watch SM on a weekly schedule, I binge watched many episodes and only watched it weekly during sometime in the first year and in the third year and it never lacked excitement to me
It's also the fact how you just randomly brought up SM to that argument
Person: (on a thread about journeys) One reason I don't like journeys is coz it doesn't have excitement between episodes
You: NEITHER DID SM

Like in a thread about thoughts on journeys what's the point of bringing up other series if it isn't to make a point about or discuss journeys? You're just randomly shitting on SM on a topic where it's irrelevant. Or were you using it as a defense against the criticism that journeys lacks excitement because that doesn't make sense

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
XY > DP >Kanto > AG ,BF ,BW > Johto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SM ,Journey