1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Let's Go's post game?

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by shoz999, Apr 3, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee has one of the best post-game experiences in Pokemon. For the first time ever, we actually get to see a Gen 1 remake that let's you do rematches with practically every important trainer in Kanto. In my opinion, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee easily has the best post-game trainer rematches out of any Pokemon game. I'm talking about Gym Leaders. Elite Four Members. Rivals. Red, Blue & Green. You a fan of Pokemon Adventures? Well than yeah, that's right! Green's here and let me tell you that Red, Blue & Green are one of the toughest trainers to fight when you are a few levels under out of all the Pokemon games I've ever played. You thought Red & Blue (Rival) were easy in Sun & Moon when you were five levels under? You haven't see Red, Blue & Green in Let's Go. They will kick your butt and you will be forced to decide whether you want to use revives or not. However that's not all. The Gym Leaders themselves are very loyal to the typings they have mastery over but at the same time they make up for these predictable weaknesses through different stats and movesets that will take your Pokemon by complete surprise. In conclusion, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee has one of the best post-game experiences...

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee has one of the worst post-game experiences in Pokemon. For the first time ever since the original Gen 1, there is no major Battle facility to take part of. No Battle Tower. No Battle Tree. Nothing and it is a real shame because in my opinion, Let's Go boasts arguably the best Gym Leader/Elite Four/Battle Legends rematches I have ever seen in a Pokemon game. You a fan of the Battle Tree? Well than yeah, it's not here. Let's Go has Master Trainers here and let me tell you that it's honestly kind of boring. They do provide a neat challenge but I'd rather see GameFreak invest in the next Battle Tree, one of the funnest post-game experiences that Sun & Moon had to offer that will kick your butt, forcing you to carefully make decisions that will make or break your matches. However that's not all. The online multiplayer is fun, balanced and it really is very accessible but that is until freaking Mewtwo & Mew shows up sweeping your entire team as there are no flat rules. In conclusion, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee has one of the worst post-game experiences...

2. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Sure would be nice if there was more story though

Battling trainers isn't exactly interesting or challenging

Give us more on Red, Green, and Blue's journey
    - Why was Blue in Cerulean Cave? What's her interest in Mewtwo?

- Why's Archer here? Why can't we chase him to the Sevii Islands?

3. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Is this a reference to a certain videogamedunkey pair of videos...? :V

As for the topic, lacking. Master Trainers aren't that great, there's only one minigame with the Game Corner nerfed, and not even a bunch of islands to explore ala FRLG. There's less areas to explore than previous remakes!

Bolt the Cat likes this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

Yeah, I suppose that's one way to put it. More of a rip-off really. Got pretty bored to be honest so doing this was a fun change of pace.

To sum it up. I think Let's Go easily has the best post-game trainer rematches with Gym Leaders, Elite Four Member and other well-known characters but it also easily has the worst post-game in-general since Gen 1 which is a real shame because GameFreak practically laid the groundwork for creating a potentially better Battle Tree with all the well-down trainer rematches.

5. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

Can't you rematch the Elite Four in every single main series game?

Bolt the Cat likes this.
  6. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

True but as I said before I think Let's GO has the better trainer-rematches because of how it handles it's Battle Legends, Gym Leaders & Elite Four teams pretty well, maintain consistency with the typings while also covering their consistent weaknesses in other ways. Unless of course your overleveled.

7. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

There's a postgame?

Shoz summed it up pretty well methinks. I traded Let's Go Pikachu back in after completing the game in favor of Pokemon Stadium 2 (which coincidentally I traded in to acquire credit towards LGP). Now I'm just waiting for Sword and Shield to come out and hopefully I can transfer my Pokemon over to it via Bank.

shoz999 and Xuxuba like this.
  8. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Let's see...
    No exploration to do aside from Cerulean cave, which is not that big.
    No postgame sidequest like Looker Bureau, the Delta Episode, the Ultra beasts hunt or the Team Rainbow Rocket.
    And no battle facility.

Basically, it's just a bunch of trainers who give you no reward for defeating them and you will probably only beat a few of them before getting bored.

9. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Blizzard Maiden

Pretty much it is quite lacking. The only new things that are not already present in Yellow are the Master Trainers and being able to fight Red, Green and Blue (as well as rematches with Gym Leaders). You would likely only be bothering with the Master Trainers to defeat enough to be able to face Red.

Bolt the Cat likes this.
  10. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I don't consider battling as good post-game content, so I wasn't pleased with what we got. We should've gotten more areas to explore, because Kanto's way too small as things stand.

WishIhadaManafi5 and shoz999 like this.
  11. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London Staff Member

I'm underwhelmed with it. Did some item hunting and shiny hunting and a bit of leveling up, but honestly I'm not playing much of it lately.

shoz999 likes this.
  12. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

So from what I'm getting at, the battles are good or at the very least their not bad but without these single-focused trainer battles, the trainer rematches or master trainers, there's pretty much no post-game.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  13. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

It's the worst Post game we've gotten in years.

It was so stupid they removed the Sevii Isles...
    And there wasn't any bonus story like chasing down the Sages, Looker Bureau, Episode Delta, Ultra Beast hunting, Rainbow Rocket.... it was just the same old content in RBY apart from Green being in the cave.
    No not-Kanto Pokemon... ugh.
    No Battle Facility either

Only positive thing I can say is Gym Leader rematches, I'm glad they returned and I hope we can rematch against Gym Masters without doing something like the Battle Chateau/Tree

WishIhadaManafi5 and shoz999 like this.