• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on Nozomi/Zoey

Like or loathe?

• I like her

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • I don't like her

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Ever since her appearence, I've seen a lot of conflicting opinions based on this character. Some people enjoy the fact that she's more of a friend than a rival, others find that mundane and would rather have a little spice thrown into their relationship, good or bad. Some people believe she's nosey and should mind her own business, others enjoy the volley of opinions she shares every time she shows up.

Do you think she's a good character and do you find her interesting, or are you of the opinion that she's a yawn-worthy addition to the cast?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
She provides plot points and stuff, but her herself is well...boring.

Unless she gets a Magmortar in the future, outlook does not look good.

However, I don't HATE HER GUTS like some people seem to...

Maxim

Beyond repair
Boring character, boring appearances and INCREDIBLY boring squad.

How can I like such character?

Medea

Excalibur
I actually like her.

And since I don't feel like getting in trouble everything else is in spoilers.

[SPOIL]First off, she's like the first female rival that's actually on more than just three episodes (i.e. Saori in the KGF). But since the Hearthome contest, she's kind of gotten on my nerves (having to do with Nando and the whole Aipom/Buizel thing). But you know I still like her despite all of that.

And I still say she's the future Sailor Uranus...Just kidding![/SPOIL]

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
To this day I like her very much, she is a funny character and seems nice and likable. She looks cool as a rival who is more of a friend than an enemy.

PDL

disenchanted
She kinda reminds me of Jotho-era Misty, only slightly more interesting. Which isn't saying a whole lot actually, as she's still kinda dull.

The only pokémon that's actually interesting is Misdreavus. I wish we could see more of this little cutie, but it's nice to see one being owned by a semi-regular character.

I also find it refreshing that she isn't all "I have a personal vendetta against my rival and must crush her at all costs." that seems to plauge other rivalries in the anime.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Hopefully the writers give her a reason for her hate, Paul as well. I imagine Paul will probably get his in his hometown of Veilstone, so hopefully Zoey will get hers in Snowpoint.

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
I adore her character design and such, but her personality is just... pfff-bleeech-bwah.
Only nice trait is that she has something against trainers doing both gyms and contests, but when it isn't precisely explained why she's against this, it gets boring in the long run. I hope more depth will be added to her, at least.

But eh, I like her.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
zoey wanted buizel ever since they 1st saw it....and did everything she could to stop dawn from keeping it. i think she is putting on a nice act and when they least expect it....BAM, she's gonna be the female equivalent of paul....

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Only nice trait is that she has something against trainers doing both gyms and contests, but when it isn't precisely explained why she's against this, it gets boring in the long run. I hope more depth will be added to her, at least.

About that she dislikes when someone tries both gym and Contests... maybe she thinks that its not fair to all, if a person who does gym battles as regular things wins a Contest and only sees it like training he or she will take a Ribbon from one who only does Contests and tries hard to achive victories in Contests. But remember that she warmed up to Ash.

I fricken LOVE her. <33 She is one sexy beast, hell yeah.

I don't know why she gets so much hate. I mean ..dude. Why is it bad that she's a little nosy and hates people who do both contests and gyms ..I hate that too, it's annoying. I mean ..we don't want every single character the same, do we?

But I think it's great that we finally have a main female rival (who is definitely a lesbian wanting to sex up Hikari ;D). And I love her interactions with Hikari. She can be so nice, but she also has that attitude with her. She just reminds me a lot of myself, and I love that.

She is definitely one of my favorite characters. :]

uhhhhh

Too sweet
Well, I'm pretty much neutral about Zoey. She has a nice design, suitable for a rival, however her personality DOES need some work...

Overall, she's not THAT bad, but she's not that good either IMO.

Random_Guest

Boring character, boring appearances and INCREDIBLY boring squad.

How can I like such character?

Coming from someone with a Marina avatar....

I haven't seen her enough to have an opinion on her, but from what I've heard, shes a really boring and un-interesting character.

...So you say you don't have an opinion, but then you say she's boring. -_-

This is just a guess, but for some reason I get the impression that the majority of people who dislike Zoey or say she's "boring" (ignoring the fact that the main character of this damn show has long outlived his interest level) do so just because she's a female rival. It's the all-too common ****ed-up sexism: female hate coming from females.

Ah, fandom...go to hell.

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
I like her design and her pokemon match her personality perfectly i think she has a great contest squad. I just dont like how the writers have her seem so sweet but at the same time she has that irritating attitude of oh i know im better than you so ill just be nice. She is basically a less rude girl version mixture of drew and gary. At least thats what i think. They sort of have her as the character that picks up on stuff the main characters dont realize.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
OK, Mario Galaxy session is over for today.

Myself? I'm not fond of Zoey at all. While I can appreciate that they're making an attempt at differenciating her from other rivals, their methods in doing so aren't really my cup of tea. A character has to be entertaining in some fashion to be able to keep my interest, and unfortunatly, half-baked vendettas against contest & gym trainers and 'helpful hints' for her friends aren't exactly aspects that keep me interested.
I don't like her and to parapharse Koji, 'However, I don't HATE HER GUTS like some people seem to...'.

I also find it refreshing that she isn't all "I have a personal vendetta against my rival and must crush her at all costs." that seems to plauge other rivalries in the anime.

While I do agree with this, I also think they're taking it in the wrong direction. It's definately possible to have a friendly rivalry that can be interesting; Morrisson was a testament to that. He and Ash were pals, but there was still a competative spark between them. It'd be nice if Dawn and Zoey's friendship could have a connection along that level. Maybe if they faced situations that put their friendship to the test, or if they helped each other overcome emotional issues in ways that don't involve repetative speil and battling it'd be better, but as it stands, their current relationship is painfully boring.