1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Pokemon Adventures endgame storylines, how good things must come to a end? (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 7, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

For those who may have notice, a lot of story arcs typically have an endgame storyline titled along the lines of the "Last Battle" in parts, a titling trend started by the GSC arc. For example in the GSC arc, it's "The Last Battle". In Ruby and Sapphire it's "It All Ends Now." In the Emerald Arc, it's "The Final Battle." Of course not all of them have titles along the lines of "Final Battle" but nevertheless, a lot of these story arcs end in an emotionally intense endgame chapter. Answers are revealed, the stakes are extremely high, characters take unexpected paths, protagonists faith in each other are put to the test, those who understand the games the most will be the most shocked, iconic scenes are made that seem perfect for colorization among the fanbase, sometimes characters confess truths or for a few cases, their feelings. No one, not the reader or the fictional characters themselves, truly knows how things will turn out in the end. A lot of things happen so quickly during these endgame storylines, that it can take anyone by surprise.

[​IMG]
    "The Last Battle" colorization done by MuGeN-Chin

Currently the Sun and Moon Story Arc appears to be nearing it's own "Last Battle" story-line. Fans are excited for what Kusaka has in store, what answers will be revealed, what theories could be confirmed or not confirmed, how Kusaka will handle the conclusion to Lusamine who is drifting in her own madness, if Guzma will ever be found and of course the mysterious presence of Necrozma and Zygarde. The stakes are high but at the same time, these "Last Battle" Arcs are also the end of an adventure. This also means, that the end of the adventures of Sun and Moon traveling across the Alola region, at least for a few years. In the anime when a season ends, it's quite heartbreaking to see Ash part ways with his friends and head back home but we always know Ash will return with a happy smile on his face, ready for another adventure. In Pokemon Adventures, the endings are a light at the end of the dark tunnel, a sweet heartwarming farewell letter to the readers who enjoyed reading the adventures of that particular generation. It's not only a sweet end but a heartbreaking farewell full of great memories as we may never see these characters stories again for a long while.

That being said, how do you feel when a Pokemon Story Arc reaches it's "Last Battle" story-line and nears it's end? Are you pumped and excited to see your favorite characters having gone through so much, fighting against all odds but at the same time does a part of you feel a bit happy or saddened seeing your favorite characters run smiling towards the warm sunlight one last time, how good things must come to an end? Is this the case that you might feel for the upcoming endgame story-line of the Sun and Moon arc? What are your thoughts?

2. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Well-Known Member

I've never followed pokespe as it's going on (BW2 aside, but by this point I've accepted that none of us will live long enough to see it end), as I started reading on 2014 (rgby/yellow/beginning of gsc), took a huge break until late 2015 (gsc-bw2), and this year I read all of XY, ORAS, and the first 5-ish chapters of SM, nd I was spoiled many plot points, including pivotal ones, so I was more "hmm, how will ______ happen?" than "what will happen?"

shoz999 likes this.
  3. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

I feel like I know I have to wait five plus years for the actual end to be put in volume...