• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the designs of Sword & Shield's Protagonists?

Which design is your favorite?

• Male Protagonist

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • Female Protagonist

Votes: 86 76.1%

• Total voters

pokefreakceetje

I just play the female trainer as I feel the most comfortable with that. Also, her clothes are awesome.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
To be honest, I loved the pre customization area better... I mean, the ORAS proto's players look PERFECT and so polished and unique

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Little Scottish girl is best girl. :p

Nah, to be honest, I like them both.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
OKAY. WHO WAS THE ONE WHO CHANGED THEIR VOTE FOR THE MALE TRAINER. I SAW THAT 15 TURNING INTO A 14 LOL.. hahahaha... :D I'm kidding, kidding. The female Pokemon trainer really is that popular isn't it?

Creyk

OKAY. WHO WAS THE ONE WHO CHANGED THEIR VOTE FOR THE MALE TRAINER. I SAW THAT 15 TURNING INTO A 14 LOL.. hahahaha... :D I'm kidding, kidding. The female Pokemon trainer really is that popular isn't it?

Maybe it's because it's mostly boys on here.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Maybe it's because it's mostly boys on here.
Nah, well to be accurate it's not entirely guys, lots of gals here also prefer the girl trainer over the boy trainer. Everyone has their own reasons but the girl trainer is clearly the overwhelming contender here. I'd want to say design-wise but I do think the female gender plays some role here. Maybe... it's because she's like Pikachu lol! She's adorable on the outside, you just want to pinch those cheeks but also aggressive in the inside, you want to root for her too!... or maybe I've reached to a stupid conclusion lol. I suppose that's a mystery for another day.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm mostly indifferent! I don't overly like them but I don't dislike them either.

I'll stick to male I think though. It's what I usually do.

Orphalesion

It might be that she looks Scottish?

Yeah I don't care all that much about either design, I haven't even voted.
As soon as I get hold of my PC he's gonna get new clothes and a haircut anyway.

but also aggressive in the inside,

But....she doesn't have a personality? She's the player avatar and it will be us giving her personality? I mean she certainly has a fannon, personality of a firey Scottish lass, if you mean that.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It might be that she looks Scottish?

Yeah I don't care all that much about either design, I haven't even voted.
As soon as I get hold of my PC he's gonna get new clothes and a haircut anyway.

But....she doesn't have a personality? She's the player avatar and it will be us giving her personality? I mean she certainly has a fannon, personality of a firey Scottish lass, if you mean that.
I wonder when we will get a super unique design, like Dawn's

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I wonder when we will get a super unique design, like Dawn's

I just want them to use another hair color other than the various shades of brown and black. They need to use blonde again, or finally give us a redhead- which has tons of possibilities in itself. I really like the SwSh girl’s design, but having a less generic hairstyle would make her even better.

Cat's Eye Draco

I voted for the male PC. The female looks too similar to Moon for my taste. (Which probably wouldn't bother me had there been a generation or two between them, but going straight from one to the other is just kind of blah.)

That said, I'm pretty much indifferent to both designs overall.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So... am I the only one who thinks they look a little too much like Brendan/May? The male in particular, at least May's OR/AS redesign makes her look distinctive from the new female protagonist, but the male looks like Brendan in alternate clothing to me. Even the female character has that weird... thing going on with her hair that May has. If you told me they were siblings I'd probably believe it.

I don't think the designs are bad per se, I just think they're a little too similar to existing designs.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
They’re designs are equally fine, but I may end up with the girl this time mainly because of all the Scottish memes that came out when the games were first announced.