• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the designs of Sword & Shield's Protagonists?

Which design is your favorite?

• Male Protagonist

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • Female Protagonist

Votes: 86 76.1%

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
EJafpIoU4AACQeE.jpg

So Pokemon Adventures unveiled their sketch designs on Victor and Gloria, the player characters of the games, or Sword & Shield in the manga and man... I love the facial expressions here! Especially our boi Sword here who goes from a gentle smile to serious to "OH MY GOD! THIS IS DELICIOUS!" to whining about a loss or something. It's this kind of stuff that breathes life into characters based on the player. If there was one thing most of all I wanted the game to invest in graphics-wise, it would be facial expressions... actually come to think of it. I haven't got my copy yet but I think I remember in the trailers, you can actually customize your facial expression? I think it was just for a trainer card though.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
EJafpIoU4AACQeE.jpg

So Pokemon Adventures unveiled their sketch designs on Victor and Gloria, the player characters of the games, or Sword & Shield in the manga and man... I love the facial expressions here! Especially our boi Sword here who goes from a gentle smile to serious to "OH MY GOD! THIS IS DELICIOUS!" to whining about a loss or something. It's this kind of stuff that breathes life into characters based on the player. If there was one thing most of all I wanted the game to invest in graphics-wise, it would be facial expressions... actually come to think of it. I haven't got my copy yet but I think I remember in the trailers, you can actually customize your facial expression? I think it was just for a trainer card though.

Oh, that's pretty neat. I always like tosee the creative process behind designing characters. (Also environments, to a lesser extent.) I don't get to see this firsthand myself though.

For the record, yes, they did address the issue of Elio and Selene alost always staring forward blankly. Victor and Gloria not only have many different expressions, they go through different emotional states in cutscenes, their eyes move around accordingly, and they turn their heads to things that catch their attention as you're playing.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
KLWOYwH.png

So clearer pictures of the protagonists of Pokemon Adventures Sword & Shield showed up and I already like how much personality is put into their designs from the games. There is a lot of spunk in their faces and poses which interesting fact, those aren't random poses. Those are actually from the games, specifically the League Card creator where you can customize the poses of your character.

Last edited: