• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Gen 1 Female Protagonist's return? (CANON NAME SPOILERS AND MORE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So one of the BIGGEST news for Pokemon fans was the return of Red, Green/Blue and the female protagonist that went unused in Gen 1. Also I'm just going to say, regardless of what becomes common knowledge later on or not, this is a SPOILER thread meaning I am just going to flat-out say it.

2TDEuGu.jpg

The female's protagonists canon official name is Blue/Green!

Anyways a lot of Pokemon fans are pretty happy that Red and Green/Blue, everyone's favorite jerk rival, are coming back from the recent Let's GO trailer however the absolute cherry on the top that helped contributed the overwhelming change in opinion, surprising fans making them eagerly smile then ever before was the re-introduction of Blue/Green in the Let's Go games. For those who don't understand why, this was a big deal for many as some Pokemon fans thought GameFreak forgot about her. It's not that far off to say that out of all the protagonists, Blue/Green probably had the least amount of attention. However the Pokemon fans that seem to be undoubtedly the most excited for Blue/Green's return are the Pokemon Adventure fans! Although GameFreak didn't acknowledge Blue/Green a lot, the Pokemon Adventures manga acknowledge Blue/Green as far back as 1997, doing more justice to the character design than GameFreak did, keeping her memory alive and well to many Pokemon fans. In fact her first major appearance was never in the games, it was Pokemon Adventures. From the way I saw the responses over the internet, it seems like Blue/Green's appearance meant a lot more to the Pokemon Adventure fans more than any other type of fan out there. In the end however, I feel pretty much most Pokemon fans are happy for the character, not only getting acknowledged by GameFreak but also that it seems like the unused female protagonist of Gen 1 will finally get her official canon name based on the dataminese we've seen. Personally I think this is undoubtedly one of the greatest momentous occasions for Pokemon fans throughout the history of Pokemon.

With that begin said. What's your thoughts on the surprising return of the female protagonist from Gen 1, her possible canon name and the fact that also Red and Green/Blue the rival are returning. How does your reaction for Red and Green/Blue compare to Blue/Green?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start things off, from the footage I've seen. I've come to the conclusion that Blue/Green's personality is UNDOUBTEDLY based on the Pokemon Adventures take on Blue/Green once you look at the obvious and subtle details.
  • She loses most of her thieving characters but she retains much of her charming, competitive and teasing personality from the Adventures manga.
  • In fact, you can actually really tell GameFreak has based Green's personality on specifically the Adventures manga and nothing else because of these exact characteristics.
  • In fact, she teases the protagonist if he or she will become her Pokemon lol... I probably have the wrong idea but I think GameFreak may have sneaked Green's more... seductive... personality in there through her teasing and her iconic giggling and wink wink eye from the manga.
  • You heard me right. You know how she giggles and does the wink eye from the manga? She literally does it in the Let's Go games. Out of all the facial expressions they gave Green, they gave her the iconic facial expressions from the RGB story arc.
  • If you read the manga, you know this "cute girl" personality is all just part of an act to trick people.
  • Actually come to think of it, some of her "unusual" team members make MORE SENSE now. Green is essentially a trickster from the manga right? She has a Ninetales and a Gengar! Those are Pokemon known to be deceptive tricksters. Those fit Green's personality from the manga and it fits here too!
  • Casual Pokemon fans be like, "She's kind of cute."
  • Adventure fans be like, "YOUR UP TO SOMETHING!"

dqA4cJG.png
Apologies if you find this tasteless, I couldn't resist...

Last edited:

Kein

AKA Silktree
It's funny how you're unsure about her name, which is stated in-game, but you have no doubt her being inspired by the manga counterpart. Personality-wise, both versions aren't goody two shoes, but that's about it. There is no winking in LGPE; the animations are pretty rough.

Green doesn't act like a trickster. She throws Poke Balls at the player due to being upset that her chance of catching Mewtwo is gone.

Her Blastoise dates back to the artwork that inspired the manga character, and Clefairy was planned to be the original mascot, making it comparable to Red's Pikachu.

shoz999

It's funny how you're unsure about her name, which is stated in-game, but you have no doubt her being inspired by the manga counterpart. Personality-wise, both versions aren't goody two shoes, but that's about it. There is no winking in LGPE; the animations are pretty rough.

Green doesn't act like a trickster. She throws Poke Balls at the player due to being upset that her chance of catching Mewtwo is gone.

Her Blastoise dates back to the artwork that inspired the manga character, and Clefairy was planned to be the original mascot, making it comparable to Red's Pikachu.
That's outdated information before I saw the confirmation of official game footage showing that her name is indeed Blue/Green. It has now been deleted. Also if you read the Adventures manga then you'll enjoy the female character even more realizing that much of what she does in short time are obvious or subtle references to the Adventures manga. Also she does wink or GameFreak attempts to do it by making her close her eye and do a flash light which is usually a symbol of a wink in old 2D JRPGs... now that I mentioned it, Let's Go does feel a bit like it has some catching up to do.

She just seems like some generic trainer you face once with some quirk and becomes irrelevant later on afterwards. Not that interesting of a character in my opinion.
According to Pokemon Adventure fans who best spotted the similarities, meaning somewhat same but still different, of Green there is this one unique characterstic some fans have pointed out. Because how GameFreak expanded a bit on Blue/Green's troublemaking side through her Ninetales and Gengar but also the fact that her Pokeball comment seemed somewaht kind of disconnected, some fans think that this is a creepier more psycho take on Blue/Green from the manga.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Well, she's more of the girl that likes to throw Poké Balls at you. Multiple times.

A Poké Ball came flying to you! A Poké Ball came flying to you! A Poké Ball came flying to you!

Like yeah, she really didn't like the fact that you caught Mewtwo before her.

One thing to note is that Green has brown eyes. Not blue like her Adventures counterpart.

It's a pity though, that Green/Leaf hasn't established herself as a recurring character until here. And her inclusion in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee really makes me wish that we can play the original player protagonists of Gen I in HD.

shoz999

Well, she's more of the girl that likes to throw Poké Balls at you. Multiple times.

A Poké Ball came flying to you! A Poké Ball came flying to you! A Poké Ball came flying to you!

Like yeah, she really didn't like the fact that you caught Mewtwo before her.

One thing to note is that Green has brown eyes. Not blue like her Adventures counterpart.

It's a pity though, that Green/Leaf hasn't established herself as a recurring character until here. And her inclusion in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee really makes me wish that we can play the original player protagonists of Gen I in HD.
I found three interesting reasons based on the Adventures manga that fans have concluded why she does this.
  • First one is that GameFreak may have expanded her mischievous behavior into... crazy territory. Let's put it that way.
  • Second one is that this is Blue teasing you the player like she does in the games, as evidenced by the winking and giggling.
  • Third one, this is the most hilarious one and probably not true, this is a reference to arguably the dumbest scene in Pokemon Adventures that revolves Green sending out her Pokeballs in a particular manner lol.

Shadao

Third one, this is the most hilarious one and probably not true, this is a reference to arguably the dumbest scene in Pokemon Adventures that revolves Green sending out her Pokeballs in a particular manner lol.

Elaborate on this one, please.

Shadao

Oh that scene. I don't see that connection to her quirk of constantly throwing Poké Balls at you. If she was catcher maniac in Adventures, that would at least make sense.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
So they made her crazy. Joy. This almost feels spiteful, I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.