• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the 'Team Rocket vs Team Plasma' arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

interxavier

The Mist Vagrant
Now that we're a few episodes away from the supposed 'Team Rocket vs Team Plasma' arc, do you think these two episodes will air in the United States after the US airing of 'Castelia City - Venipede Panic'?

What I've read is that the episodes have been completed but have not been aired in Japan due to the earthquakes. It was said that they will be delayed, not canceled. My thoughts here is that they might be only delayed in Japan, not the US.

Don't take my word for it but the main reason they delayed the episodes is to avoid any tension that may arise as the episodes contain themes such as earthquakes and natural disasters--which Japan is still recovering from. So I'm thinking perhaps they'll send over the two episodes to Pokemon USA for dubbing and will hopefully air.

I don't know. What do you guys think?

TheEpicGoomba

I think it is a possilbitiy. But normally Pokemon never air's or anounce things in the US first. I'm not sure but t is definatly a possiblity.

BlueDragonfangirl

I hope they air the episodes, it'd suck if they just got banned.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
They will air when they air, but I heard rumors that they will not air until August, this could explain why they have seemed to resorted to a bunch of filler episodes recently, because apparently, they want Team Plasma to appear in Nimbassa City, and they are trying to edit the episodes to remove any content that is deemed too offensive, but why it is taking so long to edit them is a mystery, maybe they just forgot about them, yeah, I'm going with the fact that they may have forgot the episodes existed, that, or they just did not care at all about them anymore.

It could be like a similar situation to Mastermind of Mirage, where we got it before Japan.

That was originally made in order for PUSA to test the new voice actors, to see how people would react to the change in the voice cast, so it was mainly made for the dub.

The dub only has about 5 more episodes left to air, and 3 more episode titles left to reveal before we know for sure if the dub will skip them or not, only time will tell.....

I hope they air the episodes, it'd suck if they just got banned.

True, as just cancelling them would cause a lot of plotholes, such as why Team Rocket went back to the old white uniforms and are acting more like their goofy old selves then their serious selves in the black uniforms, I think they had their memories erased of everything they did upon arriving in Unova, and just resorting back to stealing Pikachu since they do not remember anything on what happened, since they havent mentioned the events of the episode once, not even in a flashback, then again, neither have Ash and their friends mentioned them. I think the writers are just ignoring the episodes, so that can cross out the memory erasing theroy.....

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
nyone find it odd this is a Kanto reboot and we got an infamous ep like Porygon? XD

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
^on the one hand, yeah, mainly to those who have no idea about there being these three skipped episodes. But since a lot of us have the idea that there are episodes in existance, we can partially fill in the plot holes.

But yeah, I really hope they don't end up canning these episodes, or else it's just three good episodes are gone.

I'll be interested in the situation where the DUB is about to reveal the titles for the episodes that are around the skipped episodes.

It just doesn't feel like the US would air episodes before Japan. But hey, we'll never know. Besides the Mirage airing, for the given reason above, this could be a first.

sbktdreed

Veteran Trainer
I, for one, would like to know what is going on there. We preety much know what happen when those episodes suppose to air. From what I heard, this isn't the first time they did something like this. But, can we agree that these are much more important to air, since these ones show the first appearance of Team Plasma? If I was out of line, I'm sorry; so please don't judge too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.