• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Akashin

Not only that, but... When were wild Pokemon challenging?

I get that not battling wild Pokemon isn't a popular change by any stretch of the imagination, and that's fine, but I hesitate to say these games are any easier for it.

I will admit to being a bit disappointed by the two-on-one aspect, but that's only because I have every intention of co-oping with my brother no matter what, so that's on me.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I got a lot of what I wanted so I'm not complaining too much... Walking pokes

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
You know, I've changed my perspective on the complaints about these games, just a little. I've though about the fanbase's ridiculously, wildly embarrassing reactions to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. After reflecting upon that, for these coming games, I actually welcome complaints and dissatisfaction beforehand, now, to avoid a repeat of that debacle. Temper expectations and be pleasantly surprised now, rather than complaining to no end after release even though we all knew exactly what we were getting!

Also, I really hope we get some news soon, I'm kinda bored. I don't think there's much reason to expect anything yet, but like, why not?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
"Two against one" is completely optional, and designed and intended specifically as a co-op feature, though.

What I hope (though it's rather unlikely in this game) occur are 2v1 battles where you the player have to take on two opponents with only one pokemon.

Given we've had horde battles in the past, as well as S.O.S., such battles are possible. I just hope if such do occur, they pose a suitable difficulty. If not in this game, maybe in Gen 8.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I also hope that for the co-op battles, when we get to the Champion, if we do a 2-on-1, that it will instead be a 2-on-2 with the the Champion having a battle partner of the opposite gender. If the rumors of Red potentially being the Champion end up being true, it would be a great way to bring Leaf back into the series. After all, she is part of the Super Smash Bros. roster, albeit as the female option for Pokémon Trainer.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I also hope that for the co-op battles, when we get to the Champion, if we do a 2-on-1, that it will instead be a 2-on-2 with the the Champion having a battle partner of the opposite gender. If the rumors of Red potentially being the Champion end up being true, it would be a great way to bring Leaf back into the series. After all, she is part of the Super Smash Bros. roster, albeit as the female option for Pokémon Trainer.
You can't co-op in important battles like GYM leaders and presumbly for Elite Four/Champion. Go to 30:52, the other player disappears once you initiate the conversation with Brock.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
You can co-op in GYM battles as can be seen in the video during challenging the trainers of Pewter GYM, but not the leaders themselves. Hence I said 'leader' in my post.
LOL ya I know the difference, and I still hope it's just that when you talk to Brock, the leader, the second player disappears for the chat scene, and comes back during the battle. Unless there is footage of them in the actual battle afterwards that I missed, this is what I am hoping for.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
You can't co-op in important battles like GYM leaders and presumbly for Elite Four/Champion. Go to 30:52, the other player disappears once you initiate the conversation with Brock.

That's not really evidence that you can't co-op. It could easily be that the cut scenes for talking to a Gym Leader are pre-rendered or otherwise can only incorporate the player character. Until we see any footage of a Gym Leader or Elite Four battle, do we really have any prior information that suggests you can't co-op?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
That's not really evidence that you can't co-op. It could easily be that the cut scenes for talking to a Gym Leader are pre-rendered or otherwise can only incorporate the player character. Until we see any footage of a Gym Leader or Elite Four battle, do we really have any prior information that suggests you can't co-op?
No, it is my interpretation from the video that the second player disappears during cut-scene as you're about to take on Brock, and can't see them magically appearing in battle. No definite information on that since they cut the video before the battle started.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
My main thoughts are going to be based around how earlier you can reach the Go Park in game, though I’m guessing it’ll replace the Safari Zone and you can’t get to it till Fushia city, which sucks because I want to transfer an Alolan Exeggcutor, my Australia trip Kangaskhan, and a couple shinies. Which is probably an odd basis but Go connectivity is the selling point of these games and I’ve grown attached to some of my Go ‘mons. Using already established Pokemon to go theough Kanto is honestly the only reason I want to go through the region if this proves just another remake.

Has it actually been confirmed when we can reach the Park? I seem to remember reading somewhere that is was going to be “later” in the game.

Otherwise, I’m a bit bummed Eevee can’t evolve since that’s its gimmick. I am wondering how the storyline will play out, though. Will it be the generic Rocket plot or tweaked for a post-RBY rocket?

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Has it actually been confirmed when we can reach the Park? I seem to remember reading somewhere that is was going to be “later” in the game.

Otherwise, I’m a bit bummed Eevee can’t evolve since that’s its gimmick. I am wondering how the storyline will play out, though. Will it be the generic Rocket plot or tweaked for a post-RBY rocket?
It's confirmed GO Park has replaced the Safari Zone at Fuchsia City and I assume you can use it once you reach there but I cannot confirm the exact details of it. I'm not sure how Team Rocket will turn out at this stage.

Matt-kun

ナマコブシ 最高のポケモン
How important is Pokemon GO for this game? If it's required for stuff beyond transferring Pokemon to GO park, then I probably won't bother with it, I don't play Pokemon GO and I'm not going to start now.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How important is Pokemon GO for this game? If it's required for stuff beyond transferring Pokemon to GO park, then I probably won't bother with it, I don't play Pokemon GO and I'm not going to start now.
At this stage I expect that GO will have minimal impact on the game, especially for getting new Pokémon to complete the Pokédex. And I don't believe you need it to complete any part of the game.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

GO is not required to play this game. This game can be played as is.

Pokemon GO's primary connectivity with this game is just for Gen 1 Pokemon transfers. You can't even transfer Pokemon caught in this game into GO. Also, access to Fuchsia City is late in the game. But to be fair, it helps for version exclusives if you don't have someone to trade with.

I also never played GO. And I never will.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
i'll only be using my Pokemon Go for it if I end up at the safari zone and I don't have all the pokemon on my team that I want already. Like if I don't have electabuzz by then, well I'm gonna transfer myself one into the zone and catch it, etc.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
You don't have to, but it won't hurt to collect version-exclusives and Alolan Pokémon unless you are interested to buy the other pair to complete entire 151.