• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It would be a bummer if regional exclusives in Pokémon GO were version exclusive in LGPE, meaning those living outside of the region where a Pokémon is regional exclusive will be at a geographical disadvantage when it comes to completing the Pokédex. Like Kangaskhan, which I don't expect to be version exclusive, which seems promising, but if it was otherwise, then those living outside of Australia will find it hard to obtain one if one group of people living outside of Australia get a particular version.

PirateKing

You know what Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee needs? We need an actual Pokemon Arena/Stadium. Images like these are so iconic to what Pokemon is, whether you see it from the Anime, Smash Bros, Stadium, etc. it's weird how there's little to no areas in the actual games that represent that.

Ever since I saw that they added Stands and audiences to Brock's gym from the E3 demo, I've been thinking this might be a great time to actually put a place like this in, preferably as a place to re battle Gym leaders, and rivals and all sorts of strong special trainers.

It could be a new area in Saffron City (Thats what the Smash stage looks like with the city background) It could be what the lot in Vermillion gets turned into, or it could be a reworked version of the Indigo Plateau, where an audience can watch us become Champion like how the Leagues go in the anime.

thumb-1920-662038.png

2.jpg

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe that one could be the battle facility of LGPE and players could choose to use their own Pokémon or to use rental Pokémon like the PWT in Gen 5 and in Pokémon Stadium. Saffron City doesn't look very big in the games it is featured in but it can still get a big makeover like Mauville City in ORAS to accomodate for the large stadium.

Kage-Pikachu

Seriously hoping we can re-battle gym leaders, I'm still holding out hope for LGP/E to surprise us and include Pokemon from future gens even if it's post game.

I wonder what level the Pokemon from Pokemon Go will be by the way. One of the things I liked about Fire Red and Leaf Green was being able to breed Pokemon and trade them to use near the start of the game like Abra, Electabuzz, Horsea, etc. even though most of them didn't make my final team. Since there's no breeding I guess stuff like that won't be possible, I'd like to play with a level 1 Growlithe or Ghastly early on... still unconfirmed if this will be PokeBank accessible but that's very disappointing. I like to mix up beginning teams in later play-throughs so they don't always feel exactly the same.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I'm not holding out for anything passed Mew, except maybe that rumored new pokemon. If I'm wrong, it will be a pleasant surprise. If I'm right, I won't be mad about it later.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Seriously hoping we can re-battle gym leaders, I'm still holding out hope for LGP/E to surprise us and include Pokemon from future gens even if it's post game.

I wonder what level the Pokemon from Pokemon Go will be by the way. One of the things I liked about Fire Red and Leaf Green was being able to breed Pokemon and trade them to use near the start of the game like Abra, Electabuzz, Horsea, etc. even though most of them didn't make my final team. Since there's no breeding I guess stuff like that won't be possible, I'd like to play with a level 1 Growlithe or Ghastly early on... still unconfirmed if this will be PokeBank accessible but that's very disappointing. I like to mix up beginning teams in later play-throughs so they don't always feel exactly the same.
I'm sure there's one Pokémon that will be in the game that't never seen before and there won't be much other than that and the original 151.

The levels of Pokémon transferred from GO will be determined by their CP from GO and the higher it is, the higher the level of the Pokémon. It happens at a point in the story where it isn't too early so that the player doesn't get overlevelled Pokémon too early so that they can cheese the game. I think that breeding in FRLG was post-game only and it was done at Four Island.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
A credible leaker mentioned an Arena in Saffron and Arcade in Celadon HERE. Might consider the possibility since he released the info before the games were revealed.
I think we've already seen footage of the new safari zone and there are still no wild battles. It's now the Go Park, the place your pokemon from Go are transferred to and you have to re-catch them. I don't know how a pokemon would faint without a battle. I think this is a hard lean toward fake. Hopefully not all of that is fake though. Some of it was close.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I think we've already seen footage of the new safari zone and there are still no wild battles. It's now the Go Park, the place your pokemon from Go are transferred to and you have to re-catch them. I don't know how a pokemon would faint without a battle. I think this is a hard lean toward fake. Hopefully not all of that is fake though. Some of it was close.
Some of it are: The title names, the exact title announce date, the title release date, and accurate information mixed with made-up/fake ones, which is how you can remain under radar especially if you post it around the announcement date. That's why he approached with a sarcastic title, though it wasn't enough for the leaker to be removed from the board anyway.

I'm not saying you have to believe everything written on the post, but you can't dismiss the concrete information they provided as well, which gives some kind of credibility to discuss the rest of unconfirmed info.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So in the latest Japanese trailer, one thing that seems interesting is the art of the map of the region itself. It looks like that there isn't much change that has happened to Saffron City and the prominent Silph Co. building is still there. For Celadon City though, I am still convinced that the Game Corner will be more like some sort of arcade and because Porygon is still seen on the map it's likely that coins will be retained and Pokémon can be bought with coins as prizes.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The more footage that comes out, the more excited I am tbh. I started as a minor critic about it but quickly changed tune when I realized all the excitement :p

Anyways, the gyms being stadiums make me so happy, they actually look like how they would closer to the anime. Misty looks really great! Honestly having the kanto pokemon redistributed across Kanto is going to help 5fold and I cannot wait to use pokemon from the beginning that I want to use.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Eevee has a gender difference? Well we've never seen those like that since Gen 4. The more rounded pattern on a female Eevee's tail seems to be interesting to be honest. But I also wonder if that difference will eventually get applied to later games. And the same goes for its anime voice too.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
OH GOD! THE NEWEST GAMEPLAY TRAILER LOOKS AWESOME AGAIN! I know the gameplay has extremely questionable, possibly even anti-casual, choices which are saying "Don't buy this game!" BUT THIS JUST LOOKS SO GOOD! Why does this look ten times better than the E3 demo! And the Kanto map redesign! AAAAAAAAH! I am like a school girl at a candy store watching this. I'll probably buy this since it's still a good looking Kanto Remake!

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I must say LGP/E aesthetically pleases me so much and that's a good thing as the game story won't be much different than Yellow from what we've heard. In overall the trailer sums up;
  • Hair-styles for Eevee/Pikachu. Eevee, also, now has distinguishing gender feature; heart-shaped tail.
  • Brock and Misty's GYM: Can't be battled with co-op. (The Diving Swimmer looked stunning.)
  • Pokémon informing you with hidden items. We already knew Pikachu and Eevee wag their tails.
  • New Rideable Pokémon footage: Arcanine, Magikarp most notably.
  • HD Map of Kanto, identical to Yellow.
  • Confirmation of both Local and Online trade/battles.

shoz999

It's probably nothing... but what's with that T-shaped dock zone next to the S.S. Anne? Any ideas?

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
Looking at the map, it looks like it showcases Pokemon location. Interesting that not just Pikachu and Eevee are shown in Palette Town but also Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon. Also interesting is that Raichu isn't present there. Probably doesn't mean anything but it might signal where you can get an extra Eevee to evolve at some point.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
  • Brock and Misty's GYM: Can't be battled with co-op.

Um, was this actually stated, explicitly confirmed? Or are you just extrapolating this assumption based on the lack of footage of co-op Gym Leader battles?

I know the gameplay has extremely questionable, possibly even anti-casual, choices which are saying "Don't buy this game!"

wait what "anti-casual" is literally the polar opposite of every ridiculous criticism that has been levied at this game i-

huh

shoz999

Here's the official English trailer. So far I really like how interactive the Pokemon are. Also I like the fact that Misty's Design is based on Pokemon Adventure's Misty from the manga. Wish they used the red coral-shaped hair over the spiky one though. Also I like how the snuck in the reference of Snorlax being based on one of the game devs.

Last edited:

shoz999

Um, was this actually stated, explicitly confirmed? Or are you just extrapolating this assumption based on the lack of footage of co-op Gym Leader battles?

wait what "anti-casual" is literally the polar opposite of every ridiculous criticism that has been levied at this game i-

huh
If you seen my argument from before in that other thread where I say I don't think GameFreak is a genius for making Pokemon Let's Go "casual", because the lack of battling wild Pokemon, the extreme easiness of challenging gym leaders based on type conditions and other simplifications, and the replacement of the core series system in favor of Pokemon Go's CP basically makes Pokemon Let's Go too easy and possibly boring to play taking away the casual appealness of taking advantage of the easy-to-understand mechanics in fair challenges that many first-time fans loved about the core series, making Let's Go possibly anti-casual. Yes, there is such a thing as dumbing down mechanics to the point it becomes anti-casual. If you want to sell a pitch to casuals, you got think to yourself, not what's easy. What is fun?

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I extrapolate it based on how the co-op player disappears after initiating the conversation with leader, and both GYM battles are shown battling 1 on 1.