• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Arcanineblitz

If I can't give my Pikachu an A Flock of Seagulls haircut, I'm playing Eevee version only(Since 2 Switches is ridiculous at their current price:That's how the Switch games get rid of trading with yourself so you have to go find people to trade with, even if you are in the middle of nowhere like it's the Game Boy Color all over again(in a way that only benefits more densely populated areas like Japan(Compared to the US and most of Europe) ...unless a Wonder Trade system exists, you're boned if you live in rural areas)...
You can trade online with friends plus I’m sure the forums will have a LETS GO trading section added so there’s nothing to worry about really

Kage-Pikachu

I didn't think of this til now but since there's 3 Pokeballs in the beginning when you get your starter, maybe the third will be used by Professor Oak and we'll finally get the legendary Oak battle! Or maybe a possible third rival?

I saw the new trailer and I'm glad we can at least battle legendary Pokemon, did that last move look similar to a Z-move? Or is that a regular look for Pokemon Go animations?

lol, I accidentally posted this in the other thread

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Literally all I care about is Jessie and James. This game is fully worth the money now. Nothing more to decide!

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I know this is rather “nitpicky” but it’s a bit maddening they keep squaring up the region maps. Normally, I wouldn’t comment but it does bleed over to town maps in game.

I noticed the same typing of boxing for ORAS, and to me, it just takes away a little of the magic for the region as opposed to the Gen 3 maps that had more realistic looking region maps.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I didn't think of this til now but since there's 3 Pokeballs in the beginning when you get your starter, maybe the third will be used by Professor Oak and we'll finally get the legendary Oak battle! Or maybe a possible third rival?

I saw the new trailer and I'm glad we can at least battle legendary Pokemon, did that last move look similar to a Z-move? Or is that a regular look for Pokemon Go animations?

I saw that also, I'm quite curious who this 3rd pokemon is...? Maybe it's the new guy :O

Kage-Pikachu

I think it might just be for nostalgia.

Given we don't actually choose our starter in-game, I don't think the amount of PokéBalls matter.
I sure hope they do, it could be a possible foreshadowing since the original yellow only had 2 Pokemon as well. Ever since gen 4 there have been no leftover starter Pokemon so I'm sure someone will use it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

I would definitely like a battle with Professor Oak, with his unused teams in the original RBY. It'll definitely be a nice challenge too. I don't think he'll be a third rival but something you can do once a day in the postgame.

Yeah, it totally looked like a Z-Move. But I also have a feeling it's a new animation for Volt Tackle.

BlackButterfree

Ugh... Why did they have to confirm the TRio? Now I have to get these games, as I love them far too much to ignore them. I guarantee their role will be as barebones as in Yellow, though. God forbid that after 20 years they revamp the storyline a little. The *starter's haircuts look ridiculous, especially the bangs. I like the Eevee gender difference, but I don't like what this could mean for my Eeveelutions.

Also, the new Kanto map infuriates me. Cycling Road isn't a drawbridge anymore, and there's a natural barrier of rocks on either side of it. Meaning the S.S. Anne is completely boxed in. Thus there's no explanation for why Vermillion City is still considered a harbor city, when it should be Pallet Town and Cinnabar Island that are the harbors instead. Though I will give LGPE and its map props for FINALLY introducing Cinnabar Volcano. It's honestly ridiculous that the island is a volcanic island, yet we never got to see a volcano except for after it erupted. I can understand in Generation 1 due to limitations, but in Generation 3 after we'd gotten Mt. Chimney in Hoenn just a year earlier? Made no sense.

And judging by relative size compared to the towns, there's enough untouched land in the map itself that they could easily introduce a meadow to the left of Pallet Town, a canyon to the left of Rock Tunnel, a massive forest Northeast of Vermillion, and rolling hills to the North of Celadon and Southeast of Vermillion. All of which could've been beautiful, massive areas that were restricted until the post-game to catch later generation Pokémon if Game Freak was so inclined, but I honestly doubt that Game Freak would do it.

Also... Mew is shown up at the north of the map, hidden by mist. I know the only way to get it so far is the Poké Ball+ but I wonder if we're going to get more Mew lore in these games that connects it to what's further up North (aka Sinnoh)? It could be a loose thread that is later picked up on in Sinnoh remakes. It would make sense, since the life in the Pokémon World presumably originated from Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh, and Mew itself is the ancestor of all life (minus Arceus and its own direct creations).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
To be honest, I didn't like Pikachu and Eevee's bangs because I thought it looked really horrendous. It would have been better if Pikachu could have the hairdo of Ritchie's Pikachu, or Sparky, which technically counts as a reference to the anime. But for Eevee, it can be put in-front of its hairline that goes from one of its ears to its other ear.

Kage-Pikachu

To be honest, I didn't like Pikachu and Eevee's bangs because I thought it looked really horrendous. It would have been better if Pikachu could have the hairdo of Ritchie's Pikachu, or Sparky, which technically counts as a reference to the anime. But for Eevee, it can be put in-front of its hairline that goes from one of its ears to its other ear.
I definitely won't be using those either... I'll probably stick to caps and other clothes

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I definitely won't be using those either... I'll probably stick to caps and other clothes
Yeah I definitely prefer these over the bangs. I personally prefer the sailor uniforms because I think they look better than the other clothing. But I don't think the other clothing are too bad at all.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Am I the only one who thinks Jessie and James’ models look... off? Jessie’s face especially looks a bit uncanny valley. Just a personal thing I’ve spotted: game’s presentation is currently hit or miss for me.

Furthermore this really hasn’t interested me any further. They were in Yellow, and that certainly doesn’t salvage Yellow as a game for me, heck I continue to despise Yellow more than RB. Not too fussed about these trailers all in all.

Last edited:

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal

i noticed the pokeballs too and assumed that 1. we will have other cpus starting their own journey with us, or 2. incase you do co-op the second person has a pokemon to start out with too.

BlackButterfree

Am I the only one who thinks Jessie and James’ models look... off? Jessie’s face especially looks a bit uncanny valley.

James looks fine to me, Jessie's face kinda looks very Sun/Moon anime-ish (which is not good IMO), but the worst crime is Jessie's hair. Instead of looking like a straight slick back into a curl (like it always has), it looks like her hair is slicked to the left, with it swooping to the right and ending on the curl.

Kage-Pikachu

Pokemon Generations makes it seem like Blue/Green was the very first champion of Kanto since he only faced the Elite 4 in his animated segment. Perhaps that person simply abandoned their position or maybe the Pokemon League was new just like in Pokemon Sun and Moon.

I'm loving the look of the battle arenas that were displayed in the latest trailer, they looked very detailed.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Pokemon Generations makes it seem like Blue/Green was the very first champion of Kanto since he only faced the Elite 4 in his animated segment. Perhaps that person simply abandoned their position or maybe the Pokemon League was new just like in Pokemon Sun and Moon.

I'm loving the look of the battle arenas that were displayed in the latest trailer, they looked very detailed.
Or maybe we'll have Blue as a Gym Leader of Viridian City instead of Giovanni like in HGSS so that at least in some point Blue is in the game. But then that means something may have to be reworked for Giovanni because then he won't be the Viridian Gym Leader anymore.