• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Or it may explain basics more.
I hope ur right though.
Yeah I do expect that will happen. I think it will have a walkthrough on the main story and postgame content, the entire Pokédex in the game, explanations of basic and more complicated game mechanics as well as in-game features like GO Park and a full list of items and moves. And of course I'm expecting there will be a type matchup chart at the back with side notes on more immunities and any exceptions to the type matchup rules like Freeze-Dry.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
I'm very interested to see how they connect Red and Blue with the new Protagonist and Trace.

They already have their houses matching they're colors so there's an obvious connection there, but I wonder if they're going to link them biologically with Trace possibly being Oak's Grandson along with Blue or if they'll make them totally separate characters.

Last edited:

PirateKing

Yeah I do expect that will happen. I think it will have a walkthrough on the main story and postgame content, the entire Pokédex in the game, explanations of basic and more complicated game mechanics as well as in-game features like GO Park and a full list of items and moves. And of course I'm expecting there will be a type matchup chart at the back with side notes on more immunities and any exceptions to the type matchup rules like Freeze-Dry.

That's basically what comes with the guides anyways. The reason I think it'll have more stuff is because everything like that would still leave lots of room for extra material, like bigger sections for postgame, minigames, sidequests, etc.
Like for example, the guidebook for Black and White has like half that number of pages, but still has a similar 150 mon regional dex, and still manages to go over the basics, story, game mechanics, musicals, etc.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's basically what comes with the guides anyways. The reason I think it'll have more stuff is because everything like that would still leave lots of room for extra material, like bigger sections for postgame, minigames, sidequests, etc.
Like for example, the guidebook for Black and White has like half that number of pages, but still has a similar 150 mon regional dex, and still manages to go over the basics, story, game mechanics, musicals, etc.
Yeah but I still wonder what these extra stuff will be on. I'm sure there will be pages for concept art but they won't take up too much. Maybe it might contain tutorials on Pokémon GO but I'm still not too sure about it.

PirateKing

Yeah but I still wonder what these extra stuff will be on. I'm sure there will be pages for concept art but they won't take up too much. Maybe it might contain tutorials on Pokémon GO but I'm still not too sure about it.

My guess and hope is that this could point to Postgame Islands. We know Kanto is 99% the same on the map, so for most new features, that could be where they're located.
Since Moltres is probably on Victory Road, I dont think it'll be the Sevii Islands as we know them from FRLG, but probably redisgned to not include Johto elements (Like the Unown ruins) or just a new set of Islands entirely (Maybe they'll even be called the Orange Islands?)

I think we'll get tons of little things like USUM introduced like Sidequests, a Collectathon like Totem Stickers, surfing miniame like Yellow, Mini Battle Facilities like the Malie City Gym, etc. on top of a postgame story episode.

Mr. Oshawott

I'm totally hyped for Pokemon: Let's Go!:)
Being able to not only walk with your Pokemon for the first time in years, but ride certain big Pokemon and catching Pokemon without having to battle...It's an adventure that I'm eager to live through!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My guess and hope is that this could point to Postgame Islands. We know Kanto is 99% the same on the map, so for most new features, that could be where they're located.
Since Moltres is probably on Victory Road, I dont think it'll be the Sevii Islands as we know them from FRLG, but probably redisgned to not include Johto elements (Like the Unown ruins) or just a new set of Islands entirely (Maybe they'll even be called the Orange Islands?)

I think we'll get tons of little things like USUM introduced like Sidequests, a Collectathon like Totem Stickers, surfing miniame like Yellow, Mini Battle Facilities like the Malie City Gym, etc. on top of a postgame story episode.
Yeah, I'd definitely like to see the Orange Islands because of it being anime-exclusive at the moment. But like Kanto in GSC and HGSS, maybe the postgame islands will be just as extensive as the main game. I don't think Johto will be mentioned too much in the game at all. I would definitely like side quests to be in the game as long as the rewards are interesting and unique.

Arcanineblitz

I wonder how far customization will go in this game hopefully it expands upon what we have already (skin color, clothing and hair)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hopefully it will at least have some expanded customisation options. At the most I only expect additional accessories, changes to hair colour and hair style but not much outside of that.

Kage-Pikachu

I still can't help but find it strange that after watching Pokemon I Choose You integrate all generations of Pokemon into Kanto like it was no big deal that Game Freak would limit itself to the original 151...I keep thinking that similar to how they keep adding in gens in Pokemon Go that maybe they will eventually allow LGP/E to integrate more Pokemon. Maybe that's a little too optimistic though...

I'm sure not many of us expected the Delta Episode in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire so maybe Game Freak will surprise us and add another interesting post game.

BCVM22

There are any number of things that “could” happen, but right now there’s no reason to expect they’ll take LGP/E beyond 151 and change.

It’s not strange at all, nor is it an issue “integrating” anything. I’m inclined to believe that’s completely by engineered design, and that it’s going to be a hard cap. “Oh, you want to enjoy the other [by then] 800-plus? You’ll have to buy Generation VIII, coming next fall for your Switch.”

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I still can't help but find it strange that after watching Pokemon I Choose You integrate all generations of Pokemon into Kanto like it was no big deal that Game Freak would limit itself to the original 151...I keep thinking that similar to how they keep adding in gens in Pokemon Go that maybe they will eventually allow LGP/E to integrate more Pokemon. Maybe that's a little too optimistic though...

I'm sure not many of us expected the Delta Episode in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire so maybe Game Freak will surprise us and add another interesting post game.

There are any number of things that “could” happen, but right now there’s no reason to expect they’ll take LGP/E beyond 151 and change.

It’s not strange at all, nor is it an issue “integrating” anything. I’m inclined to believe that’s completely by engineered design, and that it’s going to be a hard cap. “Oh, you want to enjoy the other [by then] 800-plus? You’ll have to buy Generation VIII, coming next fall for your Switch.”

As I recall, it was long since confirmed that there will be only Gen 1 pokemon in this game, with the obvious exception of the special pokemon to be introduced.

Thus, there is no reason to even get into the subject. Let's leave that one alone.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just had a thought, if HMs are unnecessary, so how could we fly from one town to another? I think that we will have certain Flying-type Pokémon that lets us do so, like Charizard, Pidgeot, Fearow, the Legendary birds and Dragonite.

Kage-Pikachu

I just had a thought, if HMs are unnecessary, so how could we fly from one town to another? I think that we will have certain Flying-type Pokémon that lets us do so, like Charizard, Pidgeot, Fearow, the Legendary birds and Dragonite.
Probably right about that, maybe they'll bring back soaring for this game. It's the same with Surf I guess, if you HAVE to have a Water type on your team to do it then it's very similar to needing to have an HM. It'd be nice if you can register your own Pokemon as Ride Pokemon so you can summon them from your box...in the middle of writing this I just remembered we have a box in our bag, but maybe we could still register them and summon them just for transportation.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Probably right about that, maybe they'll bring back soaring for this game. It's the same with Surf I guess, if you HAVE to have a Water type on your team to do it then it's very similar to needing to have an HM. It'd be nice if you can register your own Pokemon as Ride Pokemon so you can summon them from your box...in the middle of writing this I just remembered we have a box in our bag, but maybe we could still register them and summon them just for transportation.
Yeah, it's already confirmed we can access our box on the go but it would be good to bring soaring back. Maybe some Flying-types can allow you to soar above Kanto and let you choose where to land.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Masuda's desire to keep LGPE from being cut off from other games like RBY/GSC were when Ruby and Sapphire released gives me a shimmer of hope that we will be able to transfer these pokemon to Bank and/or next year's games.

PirateKing

Gonna file this under "Probably not gonna happen, but would be cool"
Since Cinnibar Island has it's Volcano now, lets see it actually erupt! It could be a part of the postgame story where we have to rescue the citizens with flying pokemon and stop the lava flow with water types. We havent really had a "Natural Disaster" situation in Pokemon since RSE/ORAS and they could do a lot more with it now.