• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
All you want to do is argue, but there is no argument.

There's only the people excited to play a video game, and the people mad because a video game isn't what they wanted.

What part of criticism do you not understand? I have to repeat time and time again that we are as entitled to criticise these titles as you are to enjoy them publically, without being called “hopeless”, “mad” or “whiny” for it because we show you the same respect. I don’t doubt there are users who don’t conduct their criticism very well but this user isn’t one of them. I’d say the way you responded to it initially is the
problem.

EDIT: I think I’m calling it a year with this thread, I’m not really gaining much by continuing to justify my distaste for these games. Thanks for good discussion everyone n_n oh yeah and enjoy it if you are getting it

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
What part of criticism do you not understand? I have to repeat time and time again that we are as entitled to criticise these titles as you are to enjoy them publically, without being called “hopeless”, “mad” or “whiny” for it because we show you the same respect. I don’t doubt there are users who don’t conduct their criticism very well but this user isn’t one of them. I’d say the way you responded to it initially is the problem.

There is a difference between criticizing and whining.

Now please, if all you're going to do is continue your rant of how bad this game is, stop quoting me. I want to go back to enjoying this thread.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I had no intention to argue nor change your mind. I was just sharing my thoughts.

But you were too busy complaining to notice.
I thought you were busy enjoying the game: flaws and all? Based on how you tried stressing over a point, I certainly think you were. I wasn't too busy "complaining" as I read through all of your comments. It'd help if you'd actually argue your stance and not just be dismissive and wave off criticism as complaining. That's how children share their thoughts.

Ignition

What part of criticism do you not understand? I have to repeat time and time again that we are as entitled to criticise these titles as you are to enjoy them publically, without being called “hopeless”, “mad” or “whiny” for it because we show you the same respect. I don’t doubt there are users who don’t conduct their criticism very well but this user isn’t one of them. I’d say the way you responded to it initially is the
problem.

EDIT: I think I’m calling it a year with this thread, I’m not really gaining much by continuing to justify my distaste for these games. Thanks for good discussion everyone n_n
Thank you for actually sharing your thoughts on how you view this game. You wouldn't find much in this echo chamber sadly

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Let me take the time here to apologize to everyone else for allowing this thread to be derailed this way.

The entire debacle has all but killed the environment, and I do hold myself responsible for not leaving it alone when I should have. But that is a flaw of mine; I need to learn when to leave things alone. I'll tend to that. Hopefully, this thread will carry on with cordial discussion is no time.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Not only that, this makes specialized runs, like Nuzlockes, Monotypes, and Solo Runs, impossible to do in LGPE.

There's a lot of things you can complain about these games, but this absolutely should not be one of those things. It's not Game Freak's job to ensure you can play your convoluted challenges and rule sets.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
We are honestly trying to get another pokemon fan to enjoy a pokemon game announcement and be excited instead of criticizing it and sounding sad about it. Is it bad to try and make other pokemon fans excited for the future games? The game won't be perfect but I'm gonna play it before I really talk it down and get worried about anything. Was less of an argument and more of us trying to help another pokemon fan.

Sorry, but I don't appreciate that kind of "help". You can't make someone like something no matter how hard you try. The things I enjoy about the series and would legitimately make me excited have already been ruled out, trying to force positivity down my throat won't fix that.

But like I said to PrinceOfFacade, it goes beyond personal preference. What I was trying to convey is that the game's design is just bad business that doesn't appeal to a lot of people, not just a game I personally hate.

Ignition

Sorry, but I don't appreciate that kind of "help". You can't make someone like something no matter how hard you try. The things I enjoy about the series and would legitimately make me excited have already been ruled out, trying to force positivity down my throat won't fix that.

But like I said to PrinceOfFacade, it goes beyond personal preference. What I was trying to convey is that the game's design is just bad business that doesn't appeal to a lot of people, not just a game I personally hate.
The defense for these games are either "These aren't for you. These are for Go/new fans" or "Can you give these games a chance because I expect people to look at it from my preference?". You'd be wasting your time conversing here as it seems they didn't care about "complaining" but now it's actually trying to "help" a Pokémon fan. The points made have been contradictory, but it's best to just leave it.

Anyway, what's your opinion on the games and is there anything that you'd wish to see (that's likely)?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Exactly I know that this game is not for me but I've been waiting for this kind of Pokemon game since Pokemon Stadium on the N64. I will absolutely be getting the game. And I think the inclusion of Mega Evolution was a very smart choice as people really do like it a lot.

I think something that may make even older fans want to purchase the game is the inclusion of the BF post game. Although I wish if that was the case it was incorporated the way it was in the anime.

And I know this game is going to sell well this holiday season just based on it's targeted demo, perfect for Christmas game.

I imagine the top sellers for Christmas will be

Mario Odyssey
Smash Bros
Pokemon

Parents getting their kids a switch for the first time are gonna get them a couple of games majority of parents will likely get their kid brands they're familiar with and of course are Rated E.

Why would a game from last year outsell two games from this year?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The bits of news they're giving us is honestly underwhelming.
I just wish they'd show us something NEW.

Usually they're pretty up front about how new the game is and start showing new stuff as soon as they start coverage. The fact that they haven't started halfway through the game's news cycle sounds like they just don't have much new to offer period with this game. Maybe we'll see some extra post game stuff (probably not the Sevii Islands though, sadly), but that seems to be about all this game has to offer. Odds are the entire game is going to be underwhelming.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
There are Ride Pokemon this time around. The Pokemon following you around can be ridden if they are physically capable.
But we still don’t know if they’ll be able to use moves like HM moves to break rock, move boulders or to cut trees. But the surfing part is pretty much an exception we know for now.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
But we still don’t know if they’ll be able to use moves like HM moves to break rock, move boulders or to cut trees. But the surfing part is pretty much an exception we know for now.
The cuttable tree still exists at Cerulean's entrance.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The cuttable tree still exists at Cerulean's entrance.
If that’s the case then all the Pokémon that can normally learn Cut like Oddish should be able to cut down small bushes. I don’t know if the selection will be much more limited though.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Let me take the time here to apologize to everyone else for allowing this thread to be derailed this way.

The entire debacle has all but killed the environment, and I do hold myself responsible for not leaving it alone when I should have. But that is a flaw of mine; I need to learn when to leave things alone. I'll tend to that. Hopefully, this thread will carry on with cordial discussion is no time.

You didn’t derail anything you’re fine. I think we can all agree everyone just wants the best for the series.

We should all just be tolerant to the fact that we all have different thoughts on how it can continue to improve.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If that’s the case then all the Pokémon that can normally learn Cut like Oddish should be able to cut down small bushes. I don’t know if the selection will be much more limited though.
That'll be the best idea imo, and then since they have switching pokemon out of the PC so easy, as in you can do it anywhere, HM's won't be annoying. or like needing pokemon that can do a certain overworld skill but you don't want on your team won't be annoying, as hopefully HM's remain gone

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That'll be the best idea imo, and then since they have switching pokemon out of the PC so easy, as in you can do it anywhere, HM's won't be annoying. or like needing pokemon that can do a certain overworld skill but you don't want on your team won't be annoying, as hopefully HM's remain gone
Well it’s just that the player isn’t forced to use the Pokémon for HM moves. Although a bit slower than Ride Pokémon at times, it’s still good we don’t have to fly back to a Pokémon Center to do so.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RileyXY1 said:
Not only that, this makes specialized runs, like Nuzlockes, Monotypes, and Solo Runs, impossible to do in LGPE.

I don't do any of that stuff myself so I can't say that it bothers me too much, though I sympathize with those who'll be affected. The lack of Gen II Pokemon and beyond is my main criticism of these games.