• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Yeah its frustrating when we don't get official names, but on the other hand sometimes they name a character Hilbert, so swings and roundabouts really.

I can see why they named him that considering the name means great battle or something in German or some other European language, but it's still not a great name.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
DrZ8QGDXQAEL425.jpg

Found a clear picture of Blue/Green standing in Cerulean Cave. If you look closer, you can see that her dress is a combination of her classic black dress from the original RGB artwork and bits of her modern sky-blue top from the FRLG games. I personally love the little blue neckhole or possibly blue undershirt she has, cementing herself as the "Blue" member of the RGB trio. Although I bet this little detail will fly over people's heads in the West. Honestly I wouldn't be too surprise if they decided to call her Blue in Japan but instead of Green, they call her Leaf in just the West.

On a entirely different note... OH MY GOD THAT DRAW DISTANCE WITH THE CRYSTALS PIERCING THROUGH THE FOG IN THE BACK OF THE CAVE IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Well, I'm now 100% sold on Let's Go. I still don't like the fact that they got rid of wild battles, but I have been warming up to them after seeing the other features and now the inclusion of Green/Leaf is now the final nail in the coffin to get me interested

For those wondering what her name would be, I assume Green for US and Blue for JP unless they surprise us.
If they do surprise us, I can see her name being "Leela" since the beginning sounds similar to "Leaf"

Last edited:

shoz999

I wonder if the reason for the overwhelming change in opinion for the Let's Go games is because GameFreak may have unintentionally tapped into a possibly large but quiet Adventures fanbase that rarely gathers in large masses until now, who wish to see their favorite Pokemon manga getting more attention from GameFreak than just a few unique praiseworthy words, screaming excitement for the female protagonist Green, a character more familiar to Pokemon fans of the Adventures manga than fans of even the remakes. That even something as seemingly small as Green is huge news for Pokemon Adventure fans who rarely see anything seemingly manga-related cross over into the games. Just a theory to be honest.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I wonder if the reason for the overwhelming change in opinion for the Let's Go games is because GameFreak may have unintentionally tapped into a possibly large but quiet Adventures fanbase that rarely gathers in large masses until now, who wish to see their favorite Pokemon manga getting more attention from GameFreak than just a few unique praiseworthy words, screaming excitement for the female protagonist Green, a character more familiar to Pokemon fans of the Adventures manga than fans of even the remakes. That even something as seemingly small as Green is huge news for Pokemon Adventure fans who rarely see anything seemingly manga-related cross over into the games. Just a theory to be honest.

Or it is the old reel tactic. Many made the foolish decision to judge the game by its cover... and then Game Freak shows that there is a BIT more to the game than just a Yellow remake with Pokemon Go like mechanics.
This twist will bring all but the most stubborn of doubters into... at worse, the ones that will look at the game and judge!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Or it is the old reel tactic. Many made the foolish decision to judge the game by its cover... and then Game Freak shows that there is a BIT more to the game than just a Yellow remake with Pokemon Go like mechanics.
This twist will bring all but the most stubborn of doubters into... at worse, the ones that will look at the game and judge!
Well the only thing brought from GO was the capture mechanics, nothing else. CP calculation is based off a different algorithm. So it wouldn't be completely fair for them to say that LGPE is a Yellow version of Pokémon GO. The player doesn't even have to walk in the real world to make the character move because the Switch isn't a GPS.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Well the only thing brought from GO was the capture mechanics, nothing else. CP calculation is based off a different algorithm. So it wouldn't be completely fair for them to say that LGPE is a Yellow version of Pokémon GO. The player doesn't even have to walk in the real world to make the character move because the Switch isn't a GPS.

Exactly! Just when my eyes are forever scarred by Eevee's dark type move. (He already had one. its called bite!) We get things like this that make the game more appealing to me.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Exactly! Just when my eyes are forever scarred by Eevee's dark type move. (He already had one. its called bite!) We get things like this that make the game more appealing to me.
Or like when I saw Pikachu and Eevee's bowl cuts. I personally don't think Eevee having Bite is as horrifying as that.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I personally love the little blue neckhole or possibly blue undershirt she has, cementing herself as the "Blue" member of the RGB trio. Although I bet this little detail will fly over people's heads in the West.

It's not that we would ignore the "blue aspects," it's that we already have a character officially named Blue, so she can't be Blue too. Don't blame the fanbase, blame the game designers for switching the Blue's name from Green.

shoz999

It's not that we would ignore the "blue aspects," it's that we already have a character officially named Blue, so she can't be Blue too. Don't blame the fanbase, blame the game designers for switching the Blue's name from Green.
Correction. The West already has a character called Blue. Japan does not. Blue in Japan, Green in the West.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Or like when I saw Pikachu and Eevee's bowl cuts. I personally don't think Eevee having Bite is as horrifying as that.

I wasn't talking about Eevee having bite... I was talking about the new dark move that I refuse to name for the sake of my sanity. But those are also things not meant for mortal eyes.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Correction. The West already has a character called Blue. Japan does not. Blue in Japan, Green in the West.

That was my point. That's why I said to blame the designers for switching the names. The West isn't ignoring anything, nothing is "flying over our heads," we're just abiding by the canon as it is presented to us.

shoz999

I wasn't talking about Eevee having bite... I was talking about the new dark move that I refuse to name for the sake of my sanity. But those are also things not meant for mortal eyes.
Is it Baddy Bad lol. Please tell me it's Baddy Bad lol. Eevee! Use Baddy Bad!

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Is it Baddy Bad lol. Please tell me it's Baddy Bad lol. Eevee! Use Baddy Bad!

That unholy move, it isn't needed... I hate the name and bite is a better move anyways. (The flinch chance!)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think it's Baddy Bad (isn't it a great pun?). But I don't think we've seen an animation of it yet.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I think it's Baddy Bad (isn't it a great pun?). But I don't think we've seen an animation of it yet.

I know why that move is in there. The starter Eevee cannot evolve and each of the elemental moves represents an evolution of his to make up for that, if Baddy Bad has a half decent animation... I will address that as a move.

Until then... we don't talk about Baddy Bad and instead, talk about bite!

shoz999

You know. On an entirely different note, seeing Red, Blue and Green in the Let's Go Titles reminds me of the time Red, Green and Blue sitting down, just talking around the campfire about their strengths, problems, worries. I'm getting nostalgic lol. Don't know about you but the "Kanto-pandering" in Let's Go is some of the best, maybe THE BEST, I've seen.

G7bHrTc.jpg

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I know why that move is in there. The starter Eevee cannot evolve and each of the elemental moves represents an evolution of his to make up for that, if Baddy Bad has a half decent animation... I will address that as a move.

Until then... we don't talk about Baddy Bad and instead, talk about bite!
Which isn't as Baddy Bad. So far we have moves for it based on the types on its evolutions but it may or may get moves not based on the types of its evolutions. I think what we have so far is coincidental possibly until when the last batch of exclusive moves get confirmed for it.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Which isn't as Baddy Bad. So far we have moves for it based on the types on its evolutions but it may or may get moves not based on the types of its evolutions. I think what we have so far is coincidental possibly until when the last batch of exclusive moves get confirmed for it.

I see what you did.

If we get an ice, grass and fairy move then it makes my point obvious. I do like how the game is compensating for you being stuck with an Eevee who cannot evolve and a Pikachu with the similar curse. (No Z move or light ball.) I wonder what more is in store.