• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm so confused at the current state of this thread as multiple accounts that seem to be spam accounts that were created just today are posting multiple times in this thread.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'm so confused at the current state of this thread as multiple accounts that seem to be spam accounts that were created just today are posting multiple times in this thread.
It was just one account. According to him he was testing out a bot as part of some school project, now his posts have appeared to be removed because of that.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It was just one account. According to him he was testing out a bot as part of some school project, now his posts have appeared to be removed because of that.
What about this Dankrai account that was just created today?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
A legit new member of the Serebii community with a fair amount of Pokemon knowledge as everyone else.
Oh okay, I thought it was a spam account due to the extreme rudeness in the signature

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Since we got that one leaked image of the profile select screen, it would seem possible that the floodgates will open any time now. I just want to remind people. If images containing any sort of information we don't already have appears, and you feel the need to post it here, please put it in a spoiler box. Even if you don't mind being spoiled, or even if it's something you don't think is a major spoiler, there are always going to be others who do mind.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I've decided I'm going to buy the game digitally.

While I initially wanted a physical copy, I know I won't be able to get to an actual store anytime soon, so I'll just buy and download it next Friday at midnight.

I'll wake up in the morning and start playing. :D

shoz999

While I initially wantes a physical copy, I know I won't be able to go to a store anytime soon, so I'll just buy and download it next Friday at midnight.

I'm getting the Switch edition so it's also digital. Pokemon Let's Go is going to be my first Switch game.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

While I initially wanted a physical copy, I know I won't be able to get to an actual store anytime soon, so I'll just buy and download it next Friday at midnight.

You can always order from Amazon. I do remember my Moon copy arrived a day before the release date thanks to Express shipment.

Last edited:

shoz999

On an entirely different note. I'm seeing a lot of old time Pokemon fans saying "HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TEACH YOU A LESSON OLD MAN!" whenever Giovanni shows up lol.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You can always order from Amazon. I do remember my Moon copy arrived a day before the release date thanks to Express shipment.

That's more money than I'm willing to spend. lol

I'm cool with waiting out the night for the download. I did the same thing for Nartuo Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.

shoz999

So I believed I mentioned this before but if you look at the map, the Indigo League looks very similar to it's Origins and Generations Counterpart. That being said, do you think we won't get the traditional linear style of challenging the Elite Four or will we get options of choosing with Elite Four to challenge similar to Pokemon Generations, where Green enters the Indigo League and finds four stairways leading to an Elite Four member.

SorrowJoy

Cute boi
I'm curious to know whether or not the Elite 4 members change up a bit, with the addition of Mega evolutions as well as the addition of Alolan forms, some of the Elite 4 members could essentially have a new member with the corresponding type, like Lorelei could possible have an Alolan Ninetails

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm curious to know whether or not the Elite 4 members change up a bit, with the addition of Mega evolutions as well as the addition of Alolan forms, some of the Elite 4 members could essentially have a new member with the corresponding type, like Lorelei could possible have an Alolan Ninetails
Same here. I could see Agatha having a Mega Gengar.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Since the game has Master Trainers as the post-game concept, there has to be ways to easily train and level up. I am pretty confident Elite Four rosters will be shaken up once the main storyline is finished with either them leveling up their already-existing Pokémon or add Mega Evolutions and Alolan Forms for variety.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Since the game has Master Trainers as the post-game concept, there has to be ways to easily train and level up. I am pretty confident Elite Four rosters will be shaken up once the main storyline is finished with either them leveling up their already-existing Pokémon or add Mega Evolutions and Alolan Forms for variety.
Don’t know what they are going to Bruno though, giving him a Mega Mewtwo X is very likely out of the question and none of the Alolan forms have Fighting as one of their types.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
This game so far looks like the best thing since sliced bread - or, at least, since ORAS.

Can't believe it's less than a week away! Honestly, with the exception of the fact that I don't really like Meltan or it's evo, everything is coming together pretty perfectly.

Sabrina and Lance look great in this style - as does Lorelei. The character designs hold up really well on the Switch.

Six more days!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Same here. I could see Agatha having a Mega Gengar.
Yeah, would definitely make a good challenge here. But at least it doesn’t have Shadow Tag this time so that our Pokémon don’t get trapped by it.