• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Id love to get this game, but I don't own a switch at the moment. From what I've seen so far I've been impressed with some things in it. I'm not really a fan of the way to catch a Pokemon though as it looks difficult from the walkthroughs I've been watching.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
To be fair, sales indicate high expectations for the game. They don't say anything about peoples' satisfaction with the game once they start playing it.

I do think some people are being too critical of the games, but it's not all without merit.

True, I will give you that. In most cases, sales say more about what one hopes for than what they get.

However, in this case, sales will be the ultimate rating. Most fans had already made up their minds before November 16. Those who wanted to buy the game had already accepted Let's GO as it is and were looking forward to the experience. Those opted out aren't touching the game with a 10ft. pole. The smallest group are those review bombing the game. Whiny babies who want the game to "appear" as though it sucked, when none of them have actually even played it.

I can't think of too many people who have played this game so far and legitimately thought, "Yeah, this game really does suck. I've shouldn't have bought it."

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I think I haver discovered a way of nuzlocking this game and is to catch the first Pokemon that aproaches you, I think is better than closing your eyes

BCVM22

This is promising. Did you get a notice that there was an update available for the game or anything?

It was a notice for a system update as opposed to a software update, but the functionality improved right after that, so I'm wondering if it was a Joy-Con tweak.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Indeed. It was to be expected.

However, sales speak louder than anything, and sales have been strong.
Honestly I kind of feel more sorry for the guys who do have a legitimate and well-thought-out bad opinion of Let's Go games. They're most likely going to be dumped in with the rest of these loud-mouth idiots who probably never touched the game, similar to how people love the Pokemon series as a whole but reasonably love the Kanto region the most but are dumped in with the genwunner label.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Honestly I kind of feel more sorry for the guys who do have a legitimate and well-thought-out bad opinion of Let's Go games. They're most likely going to be dumped in with the rest of these loud-mouth idiots who probably never touched the game, similar to how people love the Pokemon series as a whole but reasonably love the Kanto region the most but are dumped in with the genwunner label.

Nah, I think anyone with a 4/10 or higher likely gave an honest review. It's the 1's and 0's I am convinced are total bulls***.

However, I think some of the 10/10 reviews are total BS, too.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Who would honestly waste their time trashing a children's game? Not talking about expressing how disappointed you are but just trolling. That's just a pitiful waste of time

Last edited:

Creyk

Who would honestly waste their time trashing a children's game? Not talking about expressing how disappointed you are but just trolling! That's just a pitiful waste of time

Playing a game, watching a movie is a waste of time too yet everybody does it.

BCVM22

As if it wasn't the state of Serebii forums during the pre-release period...

It absolutely shouldn't surprise anyone, given how many people here alone were completely up in arms over this game. The line connecting the two notions isn't a straight one but there is a line.

Playing a game, watching a movie is a waste of time too yet everybody does it.

So it's... perfectly reasonable to review-troll a video game or movie, or...?

Ignition

Difference between trolling and just negatively expressing your thoughts. People weren't bashing the games on here to get reactions out of others so, no, it wasn't like the Metacritic trolling. The point doesn't really change regardless of where you apply anyways

BCVM22

Difference between trolling and just negatively expressing your thoughts. People weren't bashing the games on here to get reactions out of others so, no, it wasn't like the Metacritic trolling.

There were (and are) absolutely people here who were incensed at the very existence of these games. "The biggest mistake Game Freak has ever made." "Anyone who buys these games isn't a fan." "I hope these games fail miserably." And there's no way you aren't aware of that.

There is absolutely a line connecting notions like that to the idea of review-trolling. It's not a straight line or a short line, but it is a line.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

lol Pretty much.

They're doing the same thing folks did on this site, only it's even more of a waste because the game's actually out now.

Difference between trolling and just negatively expressing your thoughts. People weren't bashing the games on here to get reactions out of others so, no, it wasn't like the Metacritic trolling. The point doesn't really change regardless of where you apply anyways

Truly, though, there were quite a few users here who were unreasonably judging the game.

It's totally cool to refuse to buy a game because you don't like how it looks, but to say it's a bad game when you haven't even played it, that's the flaw. Folks are doing it all over Metacritic, and they did it here. I'm not saying everyone who stated their dislike for the game here did it. I'm merely saying there were users that did.

Last edited:

Ignition

There were (and are) absolutely people here who were incensed at the very existence of these games. "The biggest mistake Game Freak has ever made." "Anyone who buys these games isn't a fan." "I hope these games fail miserably." And there's no way you aren't aware of that.

There is absolutely a line connecting notions like that to the idea of review-trolling. It's not a straight line or a short line, but it is a line.
My comment clearly states that I understand people were trashing the games and I did not deny such. That's not trolling. That's simply exaggerating one's views on the point. Even if it's an extreme, they're not trolling for the purpose of getting people here a reaction (even if some of you reacted as if they committed some unspeakable crime). Regardless of whether there's a correlation, tthey're simply not the same

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
My comment clearly states that I understand people were trashing the games and I did not deny such. That's not trolling. That's simply exaggerating one's views on the point. Even if it's an extreme, they're not trolling for the purpose of getting people here a reaction (even if some of you reacted as if they committed some unspeakable crime). Regardless of whether there's a correlation, tthey're simply not the same

The people on Metacritic are not trolling.

They are the same types of fans that were exaggerating here. They're overgrown whiners who are upset because Let's GO isn't what they wanted it to be, and thus they are downvoting it to hell to make it the rating match their feelings toward the game. These people are serious, and that's what makes it pathetic.

Ignition

The people on Metacritic are not trolling.

They are the same types of fans that were exaggerating here. They're overgrown whiners who are upset because Let's GO isn't what they wanted it to be, and thus they are downvoting it to hell to make it the rating match their feelings toward the game. These people are serious, and that's what makes it pathetic.
That's simply not the case and you're oversimplifying this but ok as this getting nowhere so I'm leaving it here.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
When LGPE were initially revealed, I was one of those who were not exactly pleased, fully because it was another set of Kanto games. I didn’t moan and whine too much, but I did put it out there that I wasn’t happy with the existence of these games.

I progressively mellowed out though and even almost bought the game (and a Switch) in the end because I knew customization was going to be a thing.

In the last few days till launch, I learned how horrible the customization was and, between that and its status as a Kanto game, I decided against getting the game.

Overall, as of today I don’t “hate” the games, nor do I feel I have the right to call them bad games, but my attitude towards them remain on the cooler side. I think it’s just that I’m so much more into present-gen original content, (and proper trainer customization :p) rather than fanservice, nostalgia, pandering, whatever you wanna call it. That’s why I’m a massive Gen 7 apologist. The innovation, the breaking of tradition, and the awesome trainer customization that SM/USUM had to offer...

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
When LGPE were initially revealed, I was one of those who were not exactly pleased, fully because it was another set of Kanto games. I didn’t moan and whine too much, but I did put it out there that I wasn’t happy with the existence of these games.

I progressively mellowed out though and even almost bought the game (and a Switch) in the end because I knew customization was going to be a thing.

In the last few days till launch, I learned how horrible the customization was and, between that and its status as a Kanto game, I decided against getting the game.

Overall, as of today I don’t “hate” the games, nor do I feel I have the right to call them bad games, but my attitude towards them remain on the cooler side. I think it’s just that I’m so much more into present-gen original content, (and proper trainer customization :p) rather than fanservice, nostalgia, pandering, whatever you wanna call it. That’s why I’m a massive Gen 7 apologist. The innovation, the breaking of tradition, and the awesome trainer customization that SM/USUM had to offer...

This is all many could ask for.

Even though I strongly disagree with much of what you stated, you are nonetheless stating the your views reasonably and without aggression. Kudos. :)