1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by ((JAWS)), Jan 30, 2018.

1. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

Consider 'hate boner' officially stolen.

2. Mr.Fiend

Mr.Fiend Stabby Stabby

[​IMG]

3. Sliverbaer

Sliverbaer Member

152/153, still working on Melmetal

Wishing there was an option to switch between catch encounter chaining and battle encounter chaining. You can have a pokemon evolve once or twice and not have tried any of its moves.

4. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

The only minor thing with the game (other than the fact that my arm is getting sore from using the joycon to catch everything) is that I wish you could access the Settings menu in-game instead of having to exit the game and go back into it.

5. PrinceOfFacade

I don't get what you mean.

Can't you just press Y to access the Options menu?

6. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

yup... just like the box menu...

EDIT: if you're using the pokeball plus, shake

7. Ducolamia

Ducolamia SAYYYY WHAT???

Isn't most Pokemon games like that? It's the only way to pause the game for what I know so I understand why they do it, but I guess for future games they could remedy that by just having a pause button.

I usually play in hand held more when I get tired with my arm, do I understand what you mean.

8. Mr.Fiend

Mr.Fiend Stabby Stabby

Except you can access the options menu if you press the y button with a joy-con or shake the pokeball plus when outside of battle.

9. Dragalge

Dragalge I miss hell =(

*pecks keys that say “You are having that already”*

Tweet tweet

*Shares a letter*

“Dear people on this thread,

Using names like that doesn’t make you smarter in this conversation. Automatically lowers your chances in qualifying for the SPPf Exchange Program!

From, Dragalge”

Tweet *pecks MrFiend’s head and flies away*

keepitsimple likes this.
  10. PrinceOfFacade

No one said it did, nor was it implied.

Your post is, subsequently, rather ironic.

11. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

No, most Pokémon games, you just go into the in-game menu and the Settings is right there (it takes two seconds in most games). You don't have to turn off the game and go back into it to get to the Title screen to change them (which takes considerably longer because of load times).

As I said, it's a minor issue because you'll usually only have to do it once or twice per game, but it would be nice to just have it in the in-game menu for convenience.

12. PrinceOfFacade

That's not how Let's GO works at all.

Press X to access the main menu, then press Y to acces the Options menu. Folks just aren't paying attention.

13. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

Really? Well, why isn't it just an option that you can select? I hate hot keys because you don't really look for them in JRPGs. You kind of expect that they'd put something like that as a selectable option. Especially since it's something they've done for twenty years. Like I said though, it's minor since you only really use it a couple times per playthrough.

Although to be fair, it also took them twenty years to figure out how to let the player see IVs. But that's not a negative on this game (anything where you can see those values can only be an improvement). Maybe now in the next game EVs will be visible too. What a concept.

14. PrinceOfFacade

Dude, the note for Options is right under the main menu.

You're making it more difficult than it has to be. Just look.

15. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Sylvester's Joltik was robbed

the fact that you easily took bait from a guy RPing as a bird and actually gave a serious response is pretty funny

16. PrinceOfFacade

Call me bass. :D

keepitsimple likes this.
  17. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

The point is, it's never been there before. It's like the Judge function. If I hadn't seen that in a Let's Play before playing my copy of the game, I probably would have had the same difficulty finding it too. It's not something you generally look for in JRPGs, because most of those options are normally selectable in the menus. And this has been a basic fundamental option directly in the menus for the past twenty years. This is the first time it's ever been anywhere else. The fact that you had to explain to people where it is illustrates the problem with there being a lack of in-game information about it. Had you not told me where it was, I never would have found it.

Anyway, I just went over to RPGamer and read their review of the game. Seriously? 2.5 out of 5, and one of their biggest problems was the music? I'm beginning to understand why the term 'review bomb' is cropping up with this game. It seems like a lot of people are giving Let's Go bad reviews just for the sake of complaining about it without having any actual substance to their criticisms.

18. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Seems like you're just super salty about making a goof and posting it.

It very clearly says it on the bottom of the screen. I'd you didn't see it, that's on you. There are many JRPGs without ingame options menus or options menus at all by the by so not really an excuse.

19. Ducolamia

Ducolamia SAYYYY WHAT???

Thanks for reminding me how much I hate that. There are so many many JRPGs that don't have in-game options and it infuriates me. I give Pokemon some credit for mostly keeping their UI simple. Though I will admit this UI took me a couple of minutes before I got everything. I wouldn't call it a major problem though.

Speaking of which, since we're on the topic. Which pokemin game has the best and worst UI to you? And how do you they could improve from LGPE? If you ask me, they should take a clue from HG/SS and improve from there. I want the next switch game to have an auto-run button, dammit!

20. Dragalge

Dragalge I miss hell =(

The DS/3DS games undoubtedly had the best UI's (with Kalos on top due to the PSS imo) due to the Duel Screens being very convenient. In order though for me: XY -> ORAS -> SM/USUM -> HGSS = DPPt ---> BW/2

Worst is Gen I's imo. How can anyone replay these games with that mess?

janejane6178 likes this.