1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by ((JAWS)), Jan 30, 2018.

1. XanderCage

XanderCage Loose Cannon Cop

Okay, that's your preference on how canonical Yellow is but it's clear that Red canonically has every starter from Gen 1 and that can only happen in Yellow. If these are to be new main series games then this wouldn't be a new region and then anything can go. Just because things have always been that way doesn't mean it can't change. I understand where the inspiration for Yellow came from but it doesn't mean that the events didn't happen. R/B/G have been remade already. Yellow hasn't and it could be just enough of a difference to try something new especially on a new system.

When Gen 8 does come out I'm sure it will probably follow the usual convention of 3 starters but it probably isn't the case for these games. That also doesn't mean that they have to be spin offs either. I wouldn't classify Yellow as a spin off (I don't believe GF does either) and you get Pikachu as a starter.

2. CMButch

CMButch LGPE are/will be the worst main core games

Hold on. I thought you're saying that remake of Yellow will be Gen 8. I am OK about Yellow remakes as soon as it's not Gen 8 nor to have anything about that. Remakes of Yellow can happen this year and be part of Gen 7( or 1 or none just not 8) But Gen 8 to be new everything, new starters and happen next year.

3. XanderCage

XanderCage Loose Cannon Cop

No I'm not saying that. I did say they could have a new Gen feel (which I think needs to happen to make this launch on the Switch a success) if they were to expand Kanto as a whole. I wouldn't be totally against new Pokemon either but I agree if they are going to design new Pokemon they should just make a new Gen with new everything. I think they opened up a wonderful future when they introduced regional variants in the past Gen. If they wanted to focus more time on making new pokemon for a new Gen they could just give us Kantonian versions of Gen3 to present pokemon and I'd be happy with that too.

4. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

I seriously hope they don't backtrack to Kanto unless it's something post game related...

In the past we've received rumors of "official" announcements scheduled to be revealed in February, March, and April (RuffledRowlet and many other youtubers post everything they hear, many with click-baiting titles) so until we receive an official announcement I'm not really willing to believe anything in the rumor mill. I still doubt Pokemon Switch will come out this year but I wouldn't be surprised if we got another Spin-off on the Switch to accompany Pokken Tournament (though we did already receive Detective Pikachu so maybe not).

Also GF, please keep the mythical Pokemon as DLC and not preprogammed into the game. Having announcements of "new" Pokemon that were already revealed by data-miners is not exciting news at all (seriously, I hate when watching a Pokemon video NOT related to spoilers that the youtuber (looking at you Dobbs) talk about spoilers with no warning. I'm like "Dude! What do the Alolan starters have to do with this video about your lets play?!"

5. CMButch

Yeah, remakes always bring something new but not new Pokemon, so if Yellow remake happen it will be probably some specific Z move for Kanto Pokemon maybe new Mega for some Kanto Pokemon.I am certain we won't see new Pokemon(808th and so forth) in that 'Yellow remake'.Maybe we will get Ultra Mewtwo or Ultra Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

Unfortunately Kirby Star Allies has shown that even stuff meant to be DLC'd in later can still be hacked and revealed.

Trainer Yusuf and Kage-Pikachu like this.
  7. Kage-Pikachu

Thanks, lol, they can't win can they?

I just saw the update on the site, looks like the games could be legit.

8. CMButch

I am just thinking something; I think these will be remakes of Yellow because GF/Nintendo want every main game to be on X/Y level of graphics. Hear me out we got OR/AS, we will likely get DP remakes in 2020 and BW remakes sometimes in a future. Now, since they already remade R/B and G/S but they want them somehow to be on X/Y graphics .. what to do? Remake Yellow and Crystal. But what I think is this Yellow remake will somehow include Crystal remake where you would visit Johto after Kanto( so basically you go backwards from HG/SS; first Kanto than Johto) that we we would get Gen 1 and 2 in XY graphics.And as I said it won't be Gen 8, we would probably get new Mega, Z moves ,maybe Ultra forms. As of new Pokemon(808th and forth) I am 99% sure we won't get new ordinary Pokemon, but maybe just maybe Legendaries/Mythical/UB(like in US/UM) and not many like 5-6. Now just to say what will happen to Eevee/Pikachu? My guess is nothing beside new Z moves for them(Pikachu again -.-).Pikachu obviously won't get anything beside that( maybe Mega Raichu), Eevee won't get new Eeveelution since it's not UB/Leg/Myth. I mean did Gen 1 or Gen 2 starter get anything in FR/LG/HG/SS? Nope, neither should Pikachu/Eevee except new Z moves and new Megas for Raichu and probably Eevee's evolved forms. For Ultra forms, I can see them only for Leg/Myth.
    Edit; just to say why did I write Gen 2 in is because if Yellow is following anime, Gary's starter was Squirtle, yet they chose Eevee and Gary's Eevee first appeared near Gen 2( end of OI) and evolved into Umbreon in Gen 2.

9. Sarefan

Sarefan Hylden General.

I don't think this will be a remake. More like a reboot. Kanto 20 or so years later. Where it has evolved. New story, new characters, new features. Especially with all the new Pokémon discovered.

MewsTruck and Everlasting like this.
  10. Kage-Pikachu

It's going to be a looooonnnnggg wait to E3...

lol, what spin-off games would you guys like to see? I personally would like a sequel to Pokemon Conquest.

MewsTruck likes this.
  11. pokemaster442

pokemaster442 いくZ!

If these games are going to be a reboot I want to see the sevi islands back from FR/LG and that plot of land, where that man with the machoke is in vermillion city, built. If these are the core rpg games that Ishihara mentioned last E3 then I want to see fully fleshed out areas to explore.

As long as they don't skimp out on details and story plots and don't rehash the same stuff over, then I'll be happy with whatever they produce.

12. CMButch

More I repeat these titles in my head, more visuals I get for spin off Pikachu series or Mystery Dungeon series, IDK those titles don't really fit into main core series titles( maybe they would change it).IDK, just a title, let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee screams spin off/side series for me.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  13. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Yeah. Those titles do look more like spinoff titles than main series titles.

14. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ If you try to hold my hand I'll slug you

It could go either way for me personally

CMButch likes this.
  15. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

That's kind of what I was thinking (and am currently hoping). I could totally see a more well promoted/in-depth spin-off as the first Switch title, with Gen 8 or whatever coming in 2019.

Or maybe I'm just being pessimistic about what these games will be like. I guess some sort of back-to-basics Pikachu thing could work.

CMButch likes this.
  16. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Hmm...this website domain thing was the type of thing I needed to give this leak any sort of credence. Though, I do find it slightly suspicious that the websites are registered just a day after the leak. Seems like some awfully convenient timing.

Why would you want less Pokémon games? The more the better, I say. How is four years in a row of Pokémon a bad thing?

There's no way that the Go integration would anything more than an optional add-on. Think Poké Walker-type stuff. They're not going to force you to play Go.

The Switch does not have mobile data and GPS capabilities. It would be physically impossible for you to have to play a Pokémon Go-like game on the Switch, so that is for sure not what they meant when they said Go-inspired mechanics.

In this modern day and age, it would be impossible for them to release Kanto as it was in the original games, or even Fire Red/Leaf Green. They'd have no choice but to bring it up to modern standard, both in locations and available Pokémon. So, I wouldn't worry about that stuff if I were you.

But these aren't Gen VIII. The leak explicitly says it takes place in Kanto. They're probably not going to start a new generation off without a new region. That just doesn't make any sense.

Ultra Mewtwo? As in Ultra Necrozma's lore-exclusive transformation applied to Mewtwo? Ultra Burst isn't some generic mechanic that any Pokémon can use like Mega Evolution. It's a specific form change method made for Necrozma. Saying Mewtwo should get access to it is like saying Mewtwo should get an Origin Form like Giratina or a Black Form where it fuses with Zekrom like Kyurem. That just doesn't make any sense.

I agree completely that they sound like the titles of spin-off games, but that's just not what these are, at least if we want to take this supposed leak at face value. This leak explicitly states that these are Kanto-based games inspired by Yellow Version with Red and Blue as characters. It also talks about main game features like walking Pokémon and Ride Pokémon. With all that in mind, there's no way these are spin-offs, if the leak is true. They're just poorly titled main series games.

17. Giblie

Giblie Dragon Pokemon Fan

My thoughts on this is that I am going to wait for an official announcement/trailer before deciding if these rumors are true. And if by chance if they are, I will be getting the Eevee version. Pikachu has never been a favorite of mine. I also hope that there will be something else other than just the region Kanto and more generation Pokemon than just Generation 1 Pokemon. It doesn't exactly offer a lot of Pokemon that I like to use. I'll end up using the same kind of team I used in FireRed or SoulSilver. Though I would need a Switch first before I can even get the game if it's real.

18. CMButch

@Bguy7
    I think you kinda messed things up. By Joe Merrick leak is: A confirmed bit of information that was released early.You're saying that these things:Red and Blue as characters,walking Pokémon,Ride Pokémon are leaks. No. They're rumors, it's not confirmed that these will happen. Only thing that was confirmed on Twitter is: titles.So, they can easily be spin offs like Gale of Darkness or Mystery Dungeon they can be remakes of Yellow.Another thing is about Ultra Mewtwo, I was thinking about certain power boost or form change for Mewtwo that could apply to Gen 1 Legs, so I said Ultra Mewtwo, if you have anything new to add( that is not Mega/Z that would pander to legendaries as new stuff, I am all ears. And I know these are not Gen 8. You probably didn't read my comments well/after that( post 742 specifically)..

19. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Normally I try to refer to things like this as supposed leaks, potential leaks, or even just "leaks" to imply that I'm not convinced of their validity, but I was typing so much that I just ended up dropping anything beyond the basic word leak for simplicity's sake. You're right though, these are rumors, not leaks.

Anyways, this is all a part of the same rumor. You can't pick and choose what you want to believe from the rumor.

Fair enough, just had to make sure.

Sorry, there were so many posts I had to read since last logging on, that I was mostly skimming everything, and only fully read things that caught my eye. My bad.

CMButch likes this.
  20. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Emblian Pride

Think it is more so to the quality of the games in question, some people would rather want a few main series Pokemon games where Game Freak put their heart and soul in making them good as opposed to many "rushed" games just because people want a main series game every year.