• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Huh...Only the first 151 would be odd. Even the 20th Movie featured a sort of modernized Kanto, where trainers ran around with species from other Regions. I figured any future return to Kanto would be like that.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
CMButch, I honestly don't think you're reading my entire posts or you're not comprehending them, so I'm going to make my main point first: I think LGPE will be part of gen 8, but I am not so attached to the idea that I can't change my mind when we get more evidence. The most important factor that will determine which generation LGPE belong to is connectivity. How can they be generation 7 if they aren't compatible with the other gen 7 games? ORAS may have had pokemon forms and attacks that XY did not, but you could still battle and trade between them. Pokemon Bank can move pokemon to and from these games multiple times. Everyone considers ORAS to be part of gen 6.

If LGPE can't battle and trade with USUM, it's not part of gen 7. Simple as that. If it turns out LGPE also has no connectivity with the next game to have a new region and a load of new pokemon, I will confidently say it isn't part of gen 8, either. It would truly be a 7.5, or even a stand alone title. However, I'd wager that LGPE will be compatible with whatever game comes after. LGPE could easily be the ORAS of gen 8, just in reverse order; a return to an old region, but part of the next generation due to compatibility. There's no rule that says the old region of a generation has to come after the new region of the generation. Game Freak is not predictable anymore.

1. You're giving false vibes to anyone who doesn't know about these rumors and some "leaks" who are reading this thread about how this will be Gen 8 and once it comes out, they'd be disappointed in it.Just because you're the only one who has this opinion doesn't mean you're gonna get killed for it. You think this Let's Go is Gen 8. That's fine, we can counter and say it's not.I am not 'attacking' them because they don't say it's Gen 8. They just say it's remake of Yellow and that's it, they don't spread objectively false information around, it's a speculation. Saying it's Gen 8 outright is false, but it's your opinion,which can be wrong but you're not going in jail for it.
My opinion that LGPE will be part of gen 8 gives off a false vibe and you're fine countering me for my opinion, without any proof either way, but you see no need to counter people that are calling this a Yellow remake? You don't see a conflict there? Calling this a Yellow remake is more of a negative than me thinking it will be gen 8. People are already assuming that Pikachu and Eevee won't be able to evolve, because the Pikachu in Yellow couldn't evolve. We don't even know if this game will be like RBY. But you don't have any desire to correct those opinions?

2.I didn't.. because I don't have time and will to read all comments. I just took part of it what you're saying 1 new Pokemon and new system = new gen which is false and not true.Yes, they're working on core games, but funny nowhere it's stated that those LET'S Go games are core games. These could easily be Mystery Dungeon games.Surely, the only valid thing is Let's Go Eevee and Pikachu which screams a) if new core not new gen because Eevee and Pikachu are obviously starters and b) screams MD type of game.
If these games are not being developed by Game Freak, they can't be core titles and can't possibly be gen 8. I think you and I agree on that. But if they are being developed by Game Freak, it's not possible for them to be MD, and highly unlikely that they will be deemed spinoff titles. I suppose it's possible that Game Freak would make their own spinoff game, but why? As for Pikachu and Eevee being starters, it seems the most logical outcome, but for all we know they could be in-game gifts or we could already have them when the game starts. There could still be traditional starters to choose from. Not very likely, but again, Game Freak likes to be unpredictable. We got two starters in XY.

3. Fact is it's not Gen 8 and that's final. Gen 8 would come either 2019 or 2020, you understand that SM came out in 2016, if this is new gen, this makes no sense since it's 2 years apart.No way they could've finished it this soon.
You're calling your opinion a fact and saying that it disproves mine. Also, Sun and Moon releasing in 2016 has little, if anything, to do with the release of the next games. Game Freak doesn't put all of its eggs in one basket. They have multiple teams working on projects at the same time. They've had a dev kit for the Switch for more than 2 years.

Also, saying it's a bridge is better and more valid statement then outright saying "it's a gen 8 because of new system/ 1 new Pokemon..
This statement is an opinion. You're not proving or disproving anything. You're just stating what you think is better.

ORAS didn't really connect to XY( part from ME) and it's still Gen 6 and not Gen 7. USUM had new Pokemon that didn't exist in SM and still it's Gen 7. Also, just to say just because there'd be like 3-4 new Pokemon in LGPE,doesn't mean it will be new gen.
ORAS and XY were able to trade and battle. How is that not connecting?

True. But, we don't know the difference between creating 700+ 3D models for the 3DS and integrating them to the game under 240p quality, and then the new(?) HD models for 800+. We know that Ohmori's full attention was on Sun and Moon series, so the time constraint might've been difficult to adjust for the remaining core GameFreak staff. As @Akashin said, the leak is coming from the guy who leaked the reliable content about the upcoming titles, and the intended 151 Pokemon could be the result of missing the deadline.

To think about it, if they realized that they cannot meet with the deadline, going for a Kanto project makes sense. Retuning back to the roots, attracting the older fans, an HD Kanto, only 151 and the list goes on. Mine is a theory, of course, but it still is a possibility. For instance, they might've made 600+ designs so far, but not the entire 800, which is why the rest can be released with PokeBank later on and came up with the reboot idea to deliver a Switch game in '18 and boost the console sales. It's not a bad "Killing two birds with one stone." approach.
I'm actualy starting to think this may be the case. LGPE might be a kickoff for the new generation, with the bigger games coming a year or two from now.

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles
Don't get me wrong, I never said it was a good idea or that I liked it. I was just trying to reason how it could stick to only the first 151 despite there being well over that number at this point.

Don't worry, I wasn't being nasty towards you. It just might look that way because this rumor/leak/abomination whatever it is now has me really really agitated.

Bus

Volt Grunt, I think the main issue is you're trying to attribute a game to a new generation BEFORE that generation drops. If a game is not host to a new region, new set of pokemon, new starters, new story, etc, then its a part of the CURRENT generation; it won't be a new one.

There is no debate/opinion for this; its how it works. If Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee is not in a new region with new starters, then its not Generation 8; it's considered part of the 7th generation of games. Generations are defined by the 'Era' in which they occur. The 'Era' is defined by the first new region introduced. The platform on which the game is released makes no difference.

Ex. Diamond/Pearl are the 4th generation of games released on the DS
Pokemon Battle Revolution is released on the Wii in December with the Wii hitting markets just 1 month earlier in November. Pokemon Battle Revolution is classified as a 4th Gen game despite being on a brand new console; it was not the start of a 5th Gen.

Don't worry, I wasn't being nasty towards you. It just might look that way because this rumor/leak/abomination whatever it is now has me really really agitated.

I got ya. I just didn't want to be accused of liking the way they did things there lol. I'll never forget how annoyed I was when I first played and was super excited to get my first Umbreon only to find that the game refused to let me have it.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm curious to see what everything added to Kanto will be after so much time and a huge upgrade from the last time we saw it like 8 years ago on the DS. I dont want them to change so much to the point where its unrecognizable, but taking advantage of the graphical leap and extra space and hopefully improvements here and there can really stack up and make a fresh experience.
Here's some ideas

Pewter City - I'd love to see the Museum get expanded to include artifacts from other gens, the city itself could be cool if it was more along the mountainside, with different levels of elevation kinda like Cyllage City in XY.

Saffron City - Should get the biggest upgrade this time, to be more like Lumiose/Mauville/Castelia style, it was based on Tokyo after all, so I think this time we'll see it as a sprawling metropolis. Neon lights and signs everywhere, tons of buildings and areas to make it the biggest city we've seen yet.

Celadon City - Like Saffron, but more homely and rustic instead of bright and futuristic. Some Gardens and a park near the gym, Lots of apartments.

Cerulean City - I always thought it should be more "water based", maybe they can turn it into a Canal like city by expanding the River between it and Cerulean Cave.

Lavender Town - Should be creepy af again. Maybe the Radio Tower got haunted again, I'd like to see some fog go through.

Fuchsia City - Take advantage of the Safari Zone and Zoo over the city to make it look like its actually in a Safari/Jungle like setting.

Cinnabar Island - Rebuilt over the course of time, Maybe it can inspiration from the Anime, and become a Resort Island with tons of toursits and hotels over the volcano.

Vermilion City - Lets finally see that building built lol. Aside from that I'd love to see more of a marine theme across the town with Sailors and Boats and Ships along the piers.

Sevii Islands - Really want them to come back, would love to see them get expanded upon with more islands, but I love the variety of locations they brought. The ruins and canyon particularly could have some huge potential if they expand it. They could throw in Battle Facilities or let us Ride Surf from one to another.

Indigo Plateau - 2 ideas! One is something grand like a Palace making it similar to Gym Leader Castle in Stadium, the second is to turn it into an actual modern stadium, similar to the League Tournaments in the Anime, you can have an actual crowd watch your ascent to Champion-hood. I really wanna see the PWT come back, but maybe Vermilion City would be a better place to put that.

Late on this but I just had to respond.

These are all great ideas. Here's some things I would add:

-Rt. 3, Rt. 4, Rt. 9, Rt. 10, Rock Tunnel: Make these areas actually feel mountainous, with larger changes in elevation and paths crisscrossing over each other as usual for more mountainous areas. Think something like Rt. 119 or Rt. 210.

-Mt. Moon: Redesigned to be more like a crater. Think Twist Mountain or Giant Chasm. Also could connect with new areas to the North. The deeper sections of the area could make a great setting for the climax of the story.

-Underground Path: Both paths now intersect and connect to areas of Saffron. Also contains shops like the Goldenrod Underground Path.

-Rt. 7: Lengthen! Lengthen! Lengthen! This route needs MUCH more to it, you can blow through it in 5 seconds. They could also make it a somewhat urbanized route, like Rt. 4 in Black 2.

-Cycling Road: Again, Rt. 16 and Rt. 18 are in the same boat as Rt. 7, they're too short. Lengthen them and tilt Cycling Road to run NW/SE to compensate. Maybe Rt. 16 could also pass under Cycling Road.

-Cinnabar Volcano: Now an explorable dungeon. Takes the place of Pokemon Mansion (which has now collapsed, with the Mewtwo journals moving to the lab) and many of the same Pokemon could be found there. That includes Pokemon like Growlithe/Vulpix, Ponyta, Koffing, Grimer, Rhyhorn/Rhydon, and Magmar. At the top of the island, you can catch Moltres.

-Rt. 19: Since Moltres and Articuno would both be in Kanto's sea routes, they could complete the trio and go for a Pokemon the Movie 2000 setup and put a new island on Rt. 19 for Zapdos. Would be a rocky island with constant thunderstorms, think Mt. Layuda in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. Contains Pokemon like Magnemite, Voltorb, Rhyhorn/Rhydon, Marowak, Steelix, and Electabuzz.

-Victory Road: Redesigned in the mold of more recent Victory Roads to be an indoor/outdoor area. Would have similar decor to Rt. 23 and the Pokemon League and feel like an extension of the former, feeling like one long path weaving in and out of the cave.

-New areas to the north: RL Kanto has another area of the region that hasn't been represented in Pokemon: Tochigi Prefecture. This new section of the region would connect to Rt. 25 and Mt. Moon and loop around from the former to the latter. Tochigi is known for its shrines, ski resorts, and onsen (hot springs), so there would probably be snow routes and a tower area similar to Sprout Tower. Could contain an Ice and/or Fighting gym.

Do all that and then Kanto would really feel like a fresh and modern region.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
CMButch, I honestly don't think you're reading my entire posts or you're not comprehending them, so I'm going to make my main point first: I think LGPE will be part of gen 8, but I am not so attached to the idea that I can't change my mind when we get more evidence. The most important factor that will determine which generation LGPE belong to is connectivity. How can they be generation 7 if they aren't compatible with the other gen 7 games? ORAS may have had pokemon forms and attacks that XY did not, but you could still battle and trade between them. Pokemon Bank can move pokemon to and from these games multiple times. Everyone considers ORAS to be part of gen 6.
How am I not comprehending them? I replied to entire post that you responded to me. I made myself clear that I didn't read your earlier posts since I have a life. Why should I spent 20 minutes reading all your posts? Learn that. LGPE is not part of Gen 8 since it will come before Gen 8. How can something that came before 8 be part of 8? Makes zero sense. Also, it makes no sense that something as insignificant as Yellow 'remakes' to be Gen 8 related while it's not Gen itself. Again making zero sense again.

If LGPE can't battle and trade with USUM, it's not part of gen 7. Simple as that. If it turns out LGPE also has no connectivity with the next game to have a new region and a load of new pokemon, I will confidently say it isn't part of gen 8, either. It would truly be a 7.5, or even a stand alone title. However, I'd wager that LGPE will be compatible with whatever game comes after. LGPE could easily be the ORAS of gen 8, just in reverse order; a return to an old region, but part of the next generation due to compatibility. There's no rule that says the old region of a generation has to come after the new region of the generation. Game Freak is not predictable anymore.
Fine. It wouldn't be Gen 7, it wouldn't be Gen 8 either at all. It'd be standalone. If it does connect to next region with new region and new starters, it still is not Gen 8, since Gen 8 first steps are new region, new starters, new everything. So however you turn it around, LGPE is not Gen 8 at all nor has anything to do with it. I am not talking about predictability of GF I am speaking in facts what is considered to be Gen 8 and what not. LPGE is not.

My opinion that LGPE will be part of gen 8 gives off a false vibe and you're fine countering me for my opinion, without any proof either way, but you see no need to counter people that are calling this a Yellow remake? You don't see a conflict there? Calling this a Yellow remake is more of a negative than me thinking it will be gen 8. People are already assuming that Pikachu and Eevee won't be able to evolve, because the Pikachu in Yellow couldn't evolve. We don't even know if this game will be like RBY. But you don't have any desire to correct those opinions?
How is calling this a Yellow remake more negative than calling this Gen 8? LPGE starters: Pikachu and Eevee( older gen starters, automatically means it's not Gen 8, likely based on Yellow which is Kanto)
They wouldn't evolve. Lmao. At least not Pikachu. Pikachu has been done. That's a fact.. plus on a fact that he couldn't evolve in Yellow. Eevee on other hand can evolve, but it's illogical for one to have evo and another to not have new evo. Thus,I don't see Eevee getting new evo.I don't because, it's not on my behalf to against them. Also, my desire is to correct anyone to think we would see above 4-5 new Pokemon in this remake and who say this is Gen 8( such as yourself).

If these games are not being developed by Game Freak, they can't be core titles and can't possibly be gen 8. I think you and I agree on that. But if they are being developed by Game Freak, it's not possible for them to be MD, and highly unlikely that they will be deemed spinoff titles. I suppose it's possible that Game Freak would make their own spinoff game, but why? As for Pikachu and Eevee being starters, it seems the most logical outcome, but for all we know they could be in-game gifts or we could already have them when the game starts. There could still be traditional starters to choose from. Not very likely, but again, Game Freak likes to be unpredictable. We got two starters in XY.
We don't know what these games will be. I'd like them to be side games more than core games.But you said yourself that "GF is not predictable anymore". I'd say GF can make whatever they want, since GF is not "predictable" anymore.Why? Because to fill up slots in 2018 since wouldn't get anything new. Also, B or C team could work on this while A team still works on Gen 8. Extremely unlikely since the names of these games are Pikachu and Eevee.. it makes 0 sense that they're in game gifts and that we get them before getting starters. That has like 0 possibility of happening. So, we won't have TS to choose here, since we will have PE.Getting two starters in XY? I didn't play it, in beginning or later? If it's in beginning, I doubt it, if it's later it makes sense(like post game), but here it makes no sense to get P/E in beginning and later 3 new(Gen 8) starters, like is it entire point of new gen to promote new Pokemon?As of vice-versa I don't see it because titles are PIKACHU AND EEVEE, why would we get them later in the game?

You're calling your opinion a fact and saying that it disproves mine. Also, Sun and Moon releasing in 2016 has little, if anything, to do with the release of the next games. Game Freak doesn't put all of its eggs in one basket. They have multiple teams working on projects at the same time. They've had a dev kit for the Switch for more than 2 years.
It does. Show me a fact that new gen has been released in less than 3 years? You got none, because it never happened. Point of that is they want to make new gens as amazing as possible, so that's why it takes times (3-4 years even someone here said that Masuda stated it takes them 3-4 years to make new gen). Yes they do have multiple people but they work on sequels/remakes and third games) and BTW GF also had 3DS for more than 2 years back in the day and still Gen 6 came out in 2013( where 3DS was 2011) and not in 2012.

I'm actualy starting to think this may be the case. LGPE might be a kickoff for the new generation, with the bigger games coming a year or two from now.
It may be a bridge between 7 and 8, like 7.5 but nothing related to Gen 8 to announce it as Gen 8 and for me the case is this is MD game.1.spin off then 2. core game

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They need to add lots of new content to this game. Or else, many players (especially those who have played a Kanto game before) will not buy it. They need to add new Pokemon to the dex. Not just crossgen evos, but new lines from the later gens to fix Kanto's glaring type variety issues.

BlackButterfree

We already know that the "Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee" titles are real, because of official domains being bought. Which is genuinely such a bummer.

- A Pokémon Yellow remake, which means that Leaf will most likely not be a factor. In either of her designs. Which sucks, because I'd love to play as her in her scrapped Gen. 1 design. And we already know the storyline front and back. Even if they revamp it by adding Mega Evolution into it like they did with Origins or ORAS, it'll still be Red/Blue's battle against Team Rocket and Giovanni, while bonding with Pikachu/Eevee. As someone who's playing Yellow on the Virtual Console right now, playing it again in HD doesn't really scream interesting to me. Though we'd finally get Jessie and James back in a Pokémon game, so that'd be nice.

- And if it's actually only restricted to the original 151, that is ridiculously stupid. The power imbalance alone in that generation is unreal. Absolutely no Dark-types and only one Ghost-type family, so Psychic has barely any counters since outside of Pinsir, Gen. 1 Bug-types suck. We have enough Fairy-types with Wigglytuff and Clefable to deal with Dragons, but even then, it's two Fairy-type families versus one Dragon-type. It's already been "confirmed" (but not really) by the dude who leaked this game in the first place that cross-gen relatives won't be a factor. Even though they're not cross-gen relatives, I imagine this also applies to Alolan forms and Mega Evolutions, which greatly diminishes the type variety even further, since Mega Gyarados, Alolan Persian and Marowak are Dark and Ghost, respectively, and Mega Charizard X and Alolan Exeggutor are Dragons.

I'm genuinely so over Kanto. As someone who started with Gen. 1 all the way back in 2000, I'm not going to sit here and disrespect it. I love it, and without it we wouldn't be where we are now. But gosh darn it, between HG/SS in 2009, Red and Blue in B2W2 in 2012, Pokémon Origins in 2013, the VC rereleases in 2016, followed by Pokémon GO debuting the 151 in the same year, and Kanto featuring in the 20th movie, and Alolan Forms being exclusively for Kanto Pokémon in Sun and Moon, then Brock and Misty returning to the anime last year and Rainbow Rocket in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, we haven't even had a CHANCE to miss Kanto. I'm sick of Kanto. And now we're returning to an HD version of 1999 Kanto?

Ash and Gary again? Team Rocket AGAIN? Restricted once again to the 151, Leaf Green and Fire Red style, when we now have 201 Pokémon originating in Kanto, in addition to 16 Mega Evolutions for Kantonian family trees? Edit: AND POSSIBLY NO SEVVI ISLANDS? If all of this turns out to be true, this might be the first titles I skip out on, unless they're beautiful enough and different enough to keep my interest. (And please have Leaf as a playable character.)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I absolutely hope that they don't exclusively use the original 151. that would be going back to the days when Psychic-types dominated everything, as there will be no Dark-types and only 1 Ghost-type line (who is part Poison, giving them a weakness to Psychic). And, Gen 1 bug-types suck. Not even adding in all of the crossgen evos can fix this, as they will add no new Ghost-types and one new Dark-type (Umbreon). And also, the leaks implied that there will be new main characters, with Red and Blue having "advisory roles."

BlackButterfree

I absolutely hope that they don't exclusively use the original 151. that would be going back to the days when Psychic-types dominated everything, as there will be no Dark-types and only 1 Ghost-type line (who is part Poison, giving them a weakness to Psychic). And, Gen 1 bug-types suck. Not even adding in all of the crossgen evos can fix this, as they will add no new Ghost-types and one new Dark-type (Umbreon). And also, the leaks implied that there will be new main characters, with Red and Blue having "advisory roles."

I genuinely don't understand the logic of these being Yellow remakes if Red and Blue aren't the main characters, then. (And now there's DEFINITELY no hope of ever seeing Leaf again.) At least Alolan Forms and Mega Evolutions do add a bit more variety. Alolan Persian and Mega Gyarados are Dark, so they're counters to Psychic, as is Mega Beedrill who gets supercharged in Attack and Speed, and has always had decent Bug-type moves in recent generations.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Alright, I can see them doing the original Gen I Pokémon, plus their evolutions, with Pokémon from other generations becoming available in the post-game, but there's no way they lock you out of later generation evolutions mid-story or have only Gen I Pokémon available even post-game. It's just simple logic.

Ever play Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf green? Any Pokemon that were not apart of the original 151 were impossible to obtain until a certain part of the story. If you had a Golbat and raised its Friendliness enough, but were still early game, it would start to evolve, then stop itself every time it leveled because Crobat wasn't available yet. They could restrict people the same way here.

Thing is, that was the very first remake Pokémon ever did, and Game Freak didn't really know what they wanted to do back then. since then, we've gotten both Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, which did add later generation evolutions to the regional dex. The way Fire Red/Leaf Green handled that sort of thing was just clunky, and made no sense in-universe. There's no way we go back to that.

I heavily doubt they will retexture the 3DS models to HD. Makes you think, why they didn't release the rumored "Stars" version to Switch if HD development was as easy like that? The texturing procedure does not work as if you're playing S/M in 4K Citra. Plus, this HD version of Charizard Y isn't something I'd be interested to see in Switch, but more complex. Designing the original 1-151 first, and the first installments of Switch games are rumored to be Kanto reboots sounds logical to me. The most quality sprites (3D included) we've ever seen so far were made in 240p, now they are on a much bigger project so, going step by step and introducing little amount of Pokemon, but releasing the rest as the time goes by like GO did(!) should be understandable even if most of the fans will riot.

The models used in the 3DS games were purposely made more complex than needed on the 3DS, as a way to future proof them. It's only the lower-quality textures and display of the system that make them look like they do. These models being as complex as they are is the reason why battles will often lag, especially double battles.

If you don't believe this, just look to Pokémon Go, which uses the exact same models as the 3DS games, just with updated textures and on a higher definition display. These models appear extremely well-polished compared to the 3DS ones, but they're actually the same.

I absolutely hate the idea of only having the original 151 accessible.

That's perfectly fine to be upset with, but did you really need to say it three times over? We get it.

Last edited:

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I honestly don't know why people are believing the latest rumor when it's so obvious that it's false. I can't see them restricting Pokemon like that since they've never done that before and always advertise the newer Pokemon, mega evolutions, etc. over the past generations. It just makes no sense whatsoever lol

I really hope you're right, not only for our own sakes, but also for Game Freak's. Over in the expectations thread, I said that Game Freak needed to knock it out of the park with this game, especially since other Nintendo franchises like Zelda and Mario did so with their latest iterations and they were rewarded with BOTW becoming the bestselling Zelda game in the franchise's history and Super Mario Odyssey selling 10.41 million copies in 5-6 months with it almost certainly going to eventually be the bestselling 3D Mario title in the franchise's history with the potential of becoming the bestselling non-bundled Mario game in the franchise's history assuming it doesn't later get bundled. Game Freak cannot afford to make stupid mistakes like limiting the game to only having the original 151 Pokémon or, potentially even worse, hide the other 600+ Pokémon behind paid DLC for this one. Game Freak really needs to make an ambitious game if it is going to sell well since players, both old Pokémon players and new ones, are going to expect more from a home console iteration of Pokémon, and make no mistake, while it does have its hybrid nature, Switch is a home console. It's power isn't that far off from a PS4 or XBox One.

All of the above is why I think that this "leak" is fake. I cannot see Game Freak, or Nintendo for that matter, being foolish enough to think that people will be satisfied if not all of the Pokémon were obtainable, one way or the other. Because of the success of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey Game Freak must know that they can't take any shortcuts with this game. They have to go big with it or it won't sell nearly what they, and Nintendo, expect, which would not only hurt this game, but future Pokémon spinoffs and even later mainline Pokémon games.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I honestly don't know why people are believing the latest rumor when it's so obvious that it's false. I can't see them restricting Pokemon like that since they've never done that before and always advertise the newer Pokemon, mega evolutions, etc. over the past generations. It just makes no sense whatsoever lol
Because it is worthy for discussion, that's why. None of us would be turned on with restrictions and we're aware that not most of the Pokemon fans are sympathetic towards Kanto, but we're sharing our opinion about what may(-not) likely to happen. The restriction of original 151 came from the leaker who revealed the most reliable content, even to a point the currently-registered domains are supporting the titles, which is why it's worth speculating what he brings to the table. Like it or not, accept it or not, these leaks are no different than 'Team RR' or 'Beware of leaks!' and credible enough to put some time to think and anticipate GameFreak's future actions towards the franchise.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Looks pretty good. I hope we finally get the opportunity to rotate the camera angle. If wild pokemon are going to be visable, I really don't want them to be hard to find. How often are those going to respawn? If they're only as frequent as animals in BOTW or Skyrim, it won't be easy to hunt for specific natures or for shiny pokemon or to EV train or level grind your pokemon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
One question for you all; would you like if this LPGE game look like this( or similar to this);
I'd like that, TBH.

The over-world looks cool, but the battles looked absolutely awful and awkward. They either need to give us live-time control over our Pokémon (which I don't think will happen, as cool as it would be) or stick with a more dedicated battle system.