• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/998755270766477313 Iwane head animator of the anime has confirmed he's started working on layouts for Gen VIII anime. It was around May 2016 when he started doing this for SM, meaning almost certainly that the Gen VIII anime is this fall, aka the Gen VIII games are as well. I guess we can put that discussion to rest. And I must say I was on Team Gen VII for this, but I have to switch immediately to Team Gen VIII with this confirmation.
It didn't translate any text about the future generation to me, but the new series. Unless I'm wrong, the new set of series could be anywhere, Kanto included, except Alola considering we're reaching the league as of this summer.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/998755270766477313 Iwane head animator of the anime has confirmed he's started working on layouts for Gen VIII anime. It was around May 2016 when he started doing this for SM, meaning almost certainly that the Gen VIII anime is this fall, aka the Gen VIII games are as well. I guess we can put that discussion to rest. And I must say I was on Team Gen VII for this, but I have to switch immediately to Team Gen VIII with this confirmation.

The comment made me laugh though.

But yes, TV animé production including this series generally take about six months-ish. So, next series should be November 2018.

Edit: What WhiteBlair said is also correct, though that is to be decided with the new games, which if this is true should be announced in early to late June.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It didn't translate any text about the future generation to me, but the new series. Unless I'm wrong, the new set of series could be anywhere, Kanto included, except Alola considering we're reaching the league as of this summer.
The Pokémon anime doesn't switch series unless it's a new generation.

The series that have happened so far are:
original series
Advanced Generation
Diamond and Pearl
Best Wishes!
XY
Sun and Moon

Each time they switched it was a new generation. They have never started a new series in the middle of the generation

They have done seasons like BW!Season 2 and XY&Z but those were, respectively, a season of Best Wishes! and a season of XY, not new series

Since this is a new series it's a new gen

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
That's a lot. And honestly, I wouldn't be nearly as angry about a game like this than I would about a standard Kanto remake. It's Kanto, but it's really not all at once.

The list doesn't include trainer customization though, which would still be a deal breaker for me if it isn't included (please guys do not criticize me on this!) or at the very least I would be in no hurry to get the game.

MewsTruck

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Yes this is would be a very promising game for me. Yes its kanto, but its not. Change things up a bit but with some familiarity. Awsome.

Also would you guys be getting both versions? If there is some collectors version i will be getting that plus the normal edition for the opposite.
I always get both, but I still haven’t played through Ultra Moon yet. That made me think maybe I shouldn’t bother getting both versions anymore, but if there are significant differences between the two, I’m more than game to continue getting both. If they’re nearly identical, I’ll probably just get Eevee.

Bus

A new region with Kanto being broken up and acting as islands surrounding it? So...in other words, the Kanto region is now acting as Sevii Islands for this new region? That's a pretty interesting idea. I mean, they did establish that its an active volcanic region what with Cinnabar Island having been demolished between Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. And in a world where you have a magical Godzilla literally able to make continents, it wouldn't be too far a stretch to believe a new region suddenly sprouting up in the midst of an old one.

It's a little disappointing to hear that there won't be new Starters, but so long as there are new pokemon and evolutions to older forms, I can't complain too much. Maybe it'll follow Gen 4's format of there being a lot of Evolutions/Pre-Evolutions to older pokemon and only some new ones (Out of Gen 4's 106 new pokemon, 26 were evolutions to older Pokemon)

That's all assuming this is real. We have E3 coming up in, what, a week or two? I can't imagine they'd ignore the release of a highly respected IP on their new console given the largest gaming expo platform around. I heard they plan on focusing on Smash for the Switch during E3, but coupling that with revealing a new Pokemon and confirming everything we just heard would probably win E3 for them. Sony usually surprises, but I have a gut feeling its just going to be updates on things we already know about (Spiderman, Death Stranding, CoD IV) and maybe some reveals for games too far away to really get too hyped about.

Last edited:

Bus

Absolutely too good to be true. These fanfiction-y "leaks" that list everything the fans want are always fake.

At least confirmation for such shouldn't bee too far off. June 12th is when E3 begins (just looked it up after thinking about it). We've got 20 some odd days at most before this is confirmed True or False. With that said, though, isn't it about time we had a 'Leak Discussion' thread or something?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The thing that excites me the most is the evos and preevos since we haven't had those since Gen IV outside of Sylveon.