• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Kage-Pikachu

Gotcha, I'm still playing Breath of the Wild, and still making no progress lol, I did one Shrine back in April but haven't been able to accomplish a thing since.

I use my pro controller for motion control, I just can't stand having two separate remotes, it's probably just me. I even use the pro in handheld mode.

BlackButterfree

I just want them to punch out a butt load of variants. I'd be totally okay with no new pokemon for this game and just a lot of variants due to some event that maybe was nuclear or something along those lines. I could see this snake messing up pokemon in kanto/johto and then we can get a bunch of pokemon changes :)

So... Delta Pokémon from the TCG and Pokémon Insurgence? After looking through some of those fake Deltas from Insurgence, I wouldn't mind it one bit if we got something like that in the real games (though let's be honest, they're practically identical in terms of gameplay to Regional Variants, who don't have the unfortunate lore of being genetic mutations due to radiation).

How will the most of you guys play this game? I prefer looking at the tv instead of looking down at my switch and I prefer the pro-controller. We've grown accustomed to having two screens so will you find it awkward having everything on one screen including the map, bag, choosing between Pokemon during battle, etc.

I definitely prefer working with a close-range screen due to my nearsightedness, so I'll be using handheld mode 100% of the time. I'd prefer not to get a splitting headache while playing because of my glasses.

And yes, it will be an extremely awkward transition period while adapting to the Switch's new layout.

Kage-Pikachu

I see, I wear glasses too and they've always been a pain... I'm near-sighted too but I guess my glasses are good enough to correct the problem, I know some people who only wear their glasses at certain times but I use mine 100% of the time.

I wouldn't mind if it looked similar to Persona 5's layout (lol, I'm always bringing that game up).

I seriously hope they bring back Ride Pokemon this gen and more unique power moves, like a variation of Z-Moves if not just new ones.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Most likely I'll play it on the TV and only use the handheld mode when I'm traveling or in a different room. It'll all depend on how hard I want to accomplish a goal at that moment.

BlackButterfree

I see, I wear glasses too and they've always been a pain... I'm near-sighted too but I guess my glasses are good enough to correct the problem, I know some people who only wear their glasses at certain times but I use mine 100% of the time.

I only take mine off to sleep. But I still got headaches whenever I played on my ex's PS4.

Kage-Pikachu

I see, that sucks. Sorry to hear that, but I hope you'll be able to still enjoy the game when it comes out.

I wish the screen was a bit bigger but it's still a good size.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
How will the most of you guys play this game? I prefer looking at the tv instead of looking down at my switch and I prefer the pro-controller. We've grown accustomed to having two screens so will you find it awkward having everything on one screen including the map, bag, choosing between Pokemon during battle, etc. Or do you think Nintendo will create special accessories like a controller with a screen (similar to the Wii U pad)?
Thanks, I usually have my laptop on and am watching videos as I play, hehe. I definitely would too, I dislike playing with the join cons.

The only times I've ever played in handhold mode was when I was traveling for long periods of time over the summer. Otherwise it's always been on the TV. It's just such a better experience, and I, for one, absolutely can not wait to finally experience Pokémon on the TV.

I also exclusively use the Joy-Cons without the Joy-Con Grip. I love them. They're my favorite video game remote of all time. I love how their size just kind of lets them melt into the palm of your hand. They feel surprisingly natural to hold. I also like to be able to hold my hand apart, instead of having to have both on either side of a controller. I find it much more comfortable that way.

At this point in time, I don't see Nintendo adding such an accessory to the Switch, but honestly, I don't think it's going to be that bad without a touchscreen. Everything you use the touchscreen for in Pokémon (not counting superfluous stuff like Pokémon Amie), has been completely minor. In fact, nine times out of ten, you can just use button controls instead of touch controls anyways.

Kage-Pikachu

I literally played it twice in handheld mode, one was when I got it last Christmas and the other was a few days ago when I was watching my sister play Uncharted Lost Legacy. I also can't wait to battle again like I did in Pokemon Stadium, hopefully this means I can get my family into having battles again if they include that as a mutli-player feature.

That's cool, it looks like a lot of people do love the Joy Cons, maybe I'll actually give them a chance since I never actually used them.

That is true, many of the things were minor such as menu opening and such.

Kind of makes it difficult to have battles in the same room though since they'll see the screens.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I played in tabletop mode a lot for Skyrim and Bomberman and some for BOTW. Usually with the joycon grip, but occasionaly with just the joycons or with my pro controller. I like the foldable Hori stand since I can play and charge at the same time.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
How will the most of you guys play this game? I prefer looking at the tv instead of looking down at my switch and I prefer the pro-controller. We've grown accustomed to having two screens so will you find it awkward having everything on one screen including the map, bag, choosing between Pokemon during battle, etc. Or do you think Nintendo will create special accessories like a controller with a screen (similar to the Wii U pad)?

I have never been a console-guy so, I don't know if I'm willing to play on TV unlike majority. My TV's position, also, is on the side of my bed which makes it difficult to play while resting. If the graphics are satisfying though, then I would be prioritizing to play on TV. My only concern about handheld is, since it occupies more space than 3DS, I don't want to experience hand-holding too much while playing and I can't make that comparison right now as I haven't bought a Switch yet.

Kage-Pikachu

I see, I was going to hold off on getting a Switch until this game came out but I got lucky and got one on Christmas. That does sound like an uncomfortable position to play video games I had my tv like that once when my mom felt the urge to rearrange my room....

Hopefully this gets you into consoles, there are some great games out there! Like say...Persona 5, lol

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
A question. Have there been any cases where a leak is posted to 4chan and immediately got removed, or can you delete your own posts? I've seen an intriguing rumor, more realistic you'd say compared to all '100 years ahead of Kanto etc." and specific information, but it got shut down in a second and can't find it on archive neither.

MewsTruck

I hope some added changes to the meta-game include a buff to Surge Surfer to include an immunity to Ground type moves and possibly a buff to Ice types (like maybe making them Super Effective against Water or removing a weakness to Fighting since martial artists can freeze to death.... I don't know, lol).

I also think they should make certain Normal type moves like tackle, headbutt, scratch and so forth be automatic moves that will help you save PP and they can grow stronger as you level up. Like why does a Pokemon with claws need to forget how to use them?
Oooooh i like that. Yeah never thought of that. Having base moves like they do other games where pp or similar is required for special moves whereas your base move is weaker but requires nothing. Thats a neat feature i will like to see added. Good idea

MewsTruck

Thanks, I usually have my laptop on and am watching videos as I play, hehe. I definitely would too, I dislike playing with the join cons.

I will definitely be playing on tv. We've been looking down for so long i feel i want to adapt to all the changes that are available. As far as the touch screen and not having 2 screens, again i am very eagere to see all the new mechanics and what nots so yeah.... i actually enjoy using the joycons and grip. Im weird like that

Kage-Pikachu

lol, nothing weird about liking the Joy Cons, I'm just stubborn. I'm also done looking down, hehehe, I'm looking forward to the new mechanics too.

And thanks, I just like how many rpgs have a standard attack in addition to their limited attacks.

BlackButterfree

A question. Have there been any cases where a leak is posted to 4chan and immediately got removed, or can you delete your own posts? I've seen an intriguing rumor, more realistic you'd say compared to all '100 years ahead of Kanto etc." and specific information, but it got shut down in a second and can't find it on archive neither.
Shame, I'd love to see what it was.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I think a lot of those rumor posts get deleted shortly after being posted as a way of protecting, or giving the appearance of protecting, their identity.

Screen caps and copy/pastes are usually what get spread around more than the actual source.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Shame, I'd love to see what it was.
I'll reply in spoiler as I don't know if it is correct to discuss a leak/rumor from 4chan and I don't take any of the leaks into account, unless it holds credibility. Regardless, it was intriguing that it immediately got shut down.

• He said the Direct will be on 31st of May at 3 JST and had a sarcastic title: "About 90% Fake."
  • The games are set to release on 16th of November 2018.
  • Aesthetic changes in Cycling Road, Mt. Moon and some routes, and more areas to explore in general.
  • Eevee receives two evolutions: Flying and Fighting. Pikachu and Raichu receive stat boosts.
  • Kanto starters are obtained via similar method in Yellow.
  • Red and Blue have morals in the story. While Red helps you to complete/fill your Dex, Blue has more 'rivalry' nature and battles you time to time to get you stronger.
  • Saffron City now has an Arena, Celadon City's Game Corner changed into Arcade.
  • Fuchsia City's Safari Zone lets you enter with Pokemon, but if the wild Pokemon you battle faints, you're kicked out.
  • Regarding GO, he said a device will be released for Switch in December, like GO Plus.
  • You earn bonus while trading from GO to Let's GO: Pokemon with exclusive moves and ones that cannot be caught in-game until Bank is released, which he says it will be released in early 2019.
  • GO Capture is in game, but works differently. You can throw the ball using touch-screen, but balls never miss. If you manage to hit well, better the capture rate. Even if you miss, it still connects with Pokemon.
  • For the aforementioned, he said that Legendary Pokemon release some kind of aura, like UB's do before the battle, which makes them harder to catch.
  • He says a change in EV system and called it as 'focus' and mentioned Super Training.
  • He specifically says 'Amberteak Islands' to be explored post-game.

Take with a grain of salt, or don't believe at all. I've explained why I put it in spoiler, and I'd like to have some sources to confirm/debunk when the official information comes in, along with the Piuk's and Real Leak's rumors.

Last edited:

BlackButterfree

I'll reply in spoiler as I don't know if it is correct to discuss a leak/rumor from 4chan and I don't take any of the leaks into account, unless it holds credibility. Regardless, it was intriguing that it immediately got shut down.

• He said the Direct will be on 31st of May and had a sarcastic title. "About 90% Fake."
  • Aesthetic changes in Cycling Road, Mt. Moon and some routes, and more areas to explore in general.
  • Eevee receives two evolutions: Flying and Fighting. Pikachu and Raichu receives stat boosts.
  • Kanto starters are obtained via similar method in Yellow.
  • Red and Blue has morals in the story. While Red helps you to complete/fill your Dex, Blue has more 'rivalry' nature and battles you time to time to get you stronger.
  • Saffron City now has an Arena, Celadon City's Game Corner changed into Arcade.
  • Fuchsia City's Safari Zone lets you enter with Pokemon, but if the wild Pokemon you battle faints, you're kicked out.
  • Regarding GO, he said a device will be released for Switch in December, like GO Plus.
  • You earn bonus while trading from GO to Let's GO: Pokemon with exclusive moves and ones that cannot be caught in-game until Bank is released, which he says it will be released in early 2019.
  • He says a change in EV system and called it as 'focus' and mentioned Super Training.
  • He specifically says 'Amberteak Islands' to be explored post-game.

Take with a grain of salt, or don't believe at all. I've explained why I put it in spoiler, and I'd like to have some sources to confirm/debunk when the official information comes in, along with the Piuk's and Real Leak's rumors.

The fact that all of this information is so boring leads me to think it's 100% real.