• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Poke Trainer J

I'm surprised that I'm the only one here who cares more about the availability of Pokémon Bank on the upcoming Switch release than any changes to the battle system.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm surprised that I'm the only one here who cares more about the availability of Pokémon Bank on the upcoming Switch release than any changes to the battle system.

Tbh, it's pretty much a certainty that it'll have Pokémon Bank available so there isn't much to discuss there.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
This is the first time where I'm actually wondering if these are real because they look real good if their fakes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWfXxL_WAAAHH6X.jpg:large

We'll just have to wait and see if some person on Deviant Art claims they made them.

They do look convincing though, for now. I like the lemur best, and if they are in fact real, I'd be disappointed if the platypus evolved into something besides Water/Poison.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi

Red and Blue

All three look great. Especially the fire rabbit.

Have starters ever leaked before? Then again the final forms for the Gen 7 starters leaked early as well.

ebevan91

There's so much more information to be displayed in the games nowadays that I'm not sure how they're gonna handle only having 1 screen again. Mainly for the battles.

Last edited:

landipan

I don't think they look all that real....but if they were I'd totally pick the Platypus. Other than that I really think they're fake.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Definitely would go with Platypus if these are real. I think they’re great looking designs and the amount of effort gone into them I’d be surprised if they weren’t real. These would be a great set of starters, I like the idea of the Rabbit having smoke coming out of it, even if it does come from it’s behind haha.

rocky505

You can tell the Platypus has designs from other Pokemon on it. Bidoof's cheeks and Pikachu's back for example. That's one thing making me learn towards it being fake.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
You can tell the Platypus has designs from other Pokemon on it. Bidoof's cheeks and Pikachu's back for example. That's one thing making me learn towards it being fake.

But at the same time that would fit in perfectly with its origin because when the platypus was first discovered, people didn’t believe it was real because it just seemed to be parts of other animals thrown together like otter feet, beaver tail, and duck beak.

Red and Blue

If they are fake I'm certain the actual starters won't look nearly as good.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The leaked starters are confirmed fake. It was revealed that they were made by an Italian artist.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
The leaked starters are confirmed fake. It was revealed that they were made by an Italian artist.

Do we have a source for that?

If that's the case then I'm glad. I only liked the bunny and the platypus a bit less plus I don't want a new generation yet.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Do we have a source for that?

If that's the case then I'm glad. I only liked the bunny and the platypus a bit less plus I don't want a new generation yet.

Some Italian artist confirmed it on Facebook.

And it doesn't matter what you want, cause a new gen is definitely coming soon, only whether it's late 2018 or early 2019. Nintendo wouldn't lie to their investors by saying "2018 or later" just for sh** and giggles.