• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

rocky505

Yep, I knew something was fishy with the platypus having designs from other Pokemon on it whether that's how actual platypus are or not, Gamefreak wouldn't do that.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Some Italian artist confirmed it on Facebook.

And it doesn't matter what you want, cause a new gen is definitely coming soon, only whether it's late 2018 or early 2019. Nintendo wouldn't lie to their investors by saying "2018 or later" just for sh** and giggles.

I see. Thanks.

I didn't know that releasing the next gen somewhere in 2019, it somehow turns the "2018 or later" into a false statement.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Pretty gutted, I really liked them and really loved the Platypus, I’m hoping this won’t end up being like 5th gen, when I preferred the fake designs based on the silhouettes than the actual starters and wasn’t fussed on any of them. Oh well, at least it doesn’t mean their more likely to be released this year, rather than next year, in the same boat as we were originally now! But the fakes that are coming through is making me want some news now haha

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
Even tho they're confirmed fake now I really liked the Platypus Water Starter's design.

That and the Rabbit were the most convincing designs to me, the Grass Lemur was the only one that felt a little off.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Totally blows that they're not real.

I am so in love with all three of them.

I thought it was pretrty obvious, I was in love with Perry the Platypus but all of them had parts belonging to other Pokemon. It was clear to me they were fake, it'd be nice if we do get a Platypus though instead of another fish Pokemon... too many fish.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I just hope they revert to the original format and get rid of the Physical and Special split

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Also, both physical and special attacks have existed since generation 1, so what's there to revert back to? Unless I'm misunderstanding something here...

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Why do you want that to happen? Do you really want the franchise to go backward? It's like removing Abilities or Natures.

Seconding this. Why in Arceus' name would you want to undo the physical/special split? That was such a massive improvement that made a ton of Pokemon more viable, what would be the benefit in undoing that? This is definitely not happening, the competitive community would be in an uproar if this happened.

gofishyfish

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My reaction is that I need to buy a switch! But seriously, I really want an open world. Nothing like BoTW, but not just little pixel people running around a tiny region either. I think just fixing what they've made in S/M and making it more grand. They have a larger scale to work with, and I want to see them use it. Also, not gonna happen, but something more like XD. They have the power to make a really cool game like that for the switch, and I would love to see it

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
My reaction is that I need to buy a switch! But seriously, I really want an open world. Nothing like BoTW, but not just little pixel people running around a tiny region either. I think just fixing what they've made in S/M and making it more grand. They have a larger scale to work with, and I want to see them use it. Also, not gonna happen, but something more like XD. They have the power to make a really cool game like that for the switch, and I would love to see it

When you say "more like XD", do you mean bringing back Shadow Pokemon? Because that's the only thing from Colosseum/XD I'd really like to see back, other than that it was all right for its time but wouldn't really hold up now.

As far as region size and openness, if I can't have BotW I'd want something closer to Twilight Princess. That would be a reasonable compromise that would still feel like a step up from SM and appropriate for the console market.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
I REALLY hope they pull a Gen 4 and introduce a bunch of evolutions / Mega evolutions for old Pokemon. I think that is the biggest "need" in the Pokemon universe.

I just hope they revert to the original format and get rid of the Physical and Special split

Hahaha....Ummm Interesting :p

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
When you say "more like XD", do you mean bringing back Shadow Pokemon? Because that's the only thing from Colosseum/XD I'd really like to see back, other than that it was all right for its time but wouldn't really hold up now.

As far as region size and openness, if I can't have BotW I'd want something closer to Twilight Princess. That would be a reasonable compromise that would still feel like a step up from SM and appropriate for the console market.

Not all console games have to be open world, you know.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
What would you like to see
*A good 100 species including cross-generational evos and pre-evos.
*Some Megas and Regional forms.
*150 TMs.
*More Fairy moves.
*Some more new typings, like Flying/Normal, Normal/Electric, Electric/Bug etc.
*HAs for RSE mascot legends.
*Regional dex with 500 pokes.
*A small group of new sub-legendaries with a proper trio master.
*Secondary HAs for all triple ability species and a way to convert abilities to HAs.
*More combination moves like Pledges.

and what do you think its going to be like?
*Another European region, most likely based on northern Europe. Most likely northwestern states of Germany.
*Some sort of new form change that succeeds Megas. Probably like Battle Bond all of these will share the same average ability to match this generation's gimmick.
*Another generational gimmick, based on either types or abilities.
*65 new species, with 7 more for DPPt remakes. 7 additional ones will likely be new babies and legends for post-game.
*Returning sub-legendaries, probably the Regis, instead of new ones.
*Another group Psychic mascot legendaries, this one being most likely being Water/Psychic, Electric/Psychic and Fire/Psychic.
*Another third legendary that gets its ultimate form in the next generation.
*Continuation of linear gameplay, with even more hallways, justified due to urban nature of the region.
*400 species regional dex, divided into 5 sub-dexes with repetitions.
*Another typeless area affect like Trick Room, probably one that disables abilities.
*More new type combinations that do not focus on Normal, Poison, Bug and Fairy to complete some remaining types like Grass and Dragon.
*Another side-evolution for held-item trade evolution. Probably for Onix or Scyther.
*New species with Surge abilities as HAs.
*Some sort of a Pikachu buff. Could be a proper secondary Ability.
*A successor to Super and Hyper Training that allows players to change Nature boosts, without actually changing Pokémon's nature.
*Only a minimal amount of Sinnoh Dex species because of DPPt remakes.
*Electric and/or Fairy E4 member/s.
*Another Dragon pseudo. Could be another Dragon/Ground, or a rare Dragon-type combination like Dragon/Bug, Dragon/Steel, Dragon/Ice etc.
*Another cross-generational duo repurposed as version exclusives. Doduo-Xatu looks like good pick.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
For one, the majority of current main series players are teenagers and adults, not children.

How do you know the demographics of the Pokemon fandom? Children aren't allowed to post here. There's a lot of child fans, and they may not be able to handle a change to a more complex battle system. Same goes for casuals. You're alienating a ton of people by switching to real time battling.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
How do you know the demographics of the Pokemon fandom? Children aren't allowed to post here. There's a lot of child fans, and they may not be able to handle a change to a more complex battle system. Same goes for casuals. You're alienating a ton of people by switching to real time battling.

Come on, I think you're really underselling the capabilities of children here. They wouldn't be able to do it with a bit more complex battle system? As if what we have now isn't complex with crazy interactions of moves, abilities, and items like After You, Trick Room, Focus Punch, Prankster, EVs, IVs, natures, hacking, and so on. I'm an adult and I don't even remember all the intricate details, I can remember the insanity that is called the type chart but it's not that easy. Introducing a little bit of a different turn order system and some positioning really isn't going to completely alienate them. Besides, PGL always puts minors in a separate league for the competitions anyway. PrinceOfFacade didn't even mention a real time battle system.

I mean, seriously. If they're not alienated already by all the hackers with their perfect Hidden Power, perfect IV, perfect nature, shiny legendaries that keep on showing up on the Battle Spot every other battle, or by the portion of people that actually know what they're doing in battles, a little bit of a different battle system isn't going to drive them away. They'll just continue to bring their Fissure Groudon and their Sheer Cold Kyogre to the Battle Spot and bring them out simultaneously, just as they do now.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Come on, I think you're really underselling the capabilities of children here. They wouldn't be able to do it with a bit more complex battle system? As if what we have now isn't complex with crazy interactions of moves, abilities, and items like After You, Trick Room, Focus Punch, Prankster, EVs, IVs, natures, hacking, and so on.

Not everyone cares about that stuff.

Orphalesion

The ATB system is designed to increase intensity, difficulty, and strategy in battles. It requires you think faster and form strategies in less time, because the foe won't wait until you've made a decision to attack.
Unless you choose the "wait" function available in the setting of almost all Final Fantasy that use the ATB system :p

Okay first of all, let me say that I loved the RTB system in Final Fantasy and them abandoning it after X is why I haven't played the series since X (though X didn't have it either and was more traditionally turn based, which I was also fine with, I just don't like real time)

The problem I can see with an ATB system in Pokemon that, with just one character on the field (or at most two in Double Battles) therw ould be a loooooooooot of time where you just sit there and wait for your character's ATB gauge to fill. Unless you are proposing that battles with 3+ Pokemon on the field would become the new norm.
Which yeah, I'd be fine with since it would make Pokemon based around buffing/debuffing and healing more viable.

I'd love to see a Digimon World like type of game ,

Pardon my Klingon, but there's no other way to say this. The Battle System in Digimon World, just like everything else in Digimon world, sucked balls that were approximately 3-5 times the size of the planet Jupiter...
It offered you no control, it offered you no involvement. All you did was flailing your character around in the hopes that your character's digimon maybe, perhaps, possibly, eventually, did something similar to the command you have been screaming at it for the past 10 minutes.
Even what Yo-Kai Watch does allows for more player agency!
I'm not a fan of real time battling, but at least proper real time battling would still allow for more player agency than the gigantic pile of manure Digimon World employed.

Last edited: