• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
For the Pokemon themselves, I actual prefer the animal cries too, I started watching the sub on a regular basis when X and Y came out (though I did watch the league battles for Diamond and Pearl and Black and White subbed) and after watching the sub I CAN NOT watch the dub anymore. It just feels and sounds so much better watching the sub to me and I loved the animated previews we got for Black 2 and White 2 and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I think Pokemon works with animal cries instead. I don't think I'd like a game with all the Pokemon saying their names.

What does watching the sub have to do with animal cries? The sub also has Pokémon saying their names.

It doesn't. It's very impractical especially when a dockless Switch has just been confirmed to be released in the future.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/05/...o-release-this-configuration-in-the-americas/

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
the dockless Switch hasn't been announced anywhere other than Japan so far, and it's primary intent is for people seeking a second/third/etc Switch for their household; like families with multiple kids that don't want to share the console but can take turns docking their own. They assume there is at least one doc in the household already. Many people see it as a cheaper alternative, but that wasn't the original intent behind it and anyone going for just the dockless is missing out on half of the system's concept.
But still, making modes exclusive to one aspect of the Switch is very impractical.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
But still, making modes exclusive to one aspect of the Switch is very impractical.
They have some games that work exclusively in handheld mode. It's not out of the question to go the opposite direction and have games that work exclusively in docked mode.

Having one location in the game that requires docked mode twould hardly impact normal gameplay. We'll still be able to play through the story in whatever our preferred mode is.

Connecting the dock to a TV or monitor is so simple and fast that it's hardly impractical even if you don't leave your dock connected to a TV or Monitor at all times. It isn't likely to be something that you are required to do for long periods of time and very often during the game.

And most importantly of all, we don't even know that there will be a part of the game that will require the dock. It's still a rumor at this point and not something to get upset over.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'm curious about this news. I want it to reveals but I'm expecting it just has to do with Zeraora for the movie

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They have some games that work exclusively in handheld mode. It's not out of the question to go the opposite direction and have games that work exclusively in docked mode.

Having one location in the game that requires docked mode twould hardly impact normal gameplay. We'll still be able to play through the story in whatever our preferred mode is.

Connecting the dock to a TV or monitor is so simple and fast that it's hardly impractical even if you don't leave your dock connected to a TV or Monitor at all times. It isn't likely to be something that you are required to do for long periods of time and very often during the game.

And most importantly of all, we don't even know that there will be a part of the game that will require the dock. It's still a rumor at this point and not something to get upset over.
The leak says that the post game battle facility can only be played in docked mode. This is ridiculous. It may be inconvenient for players who travel a lot.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I meant that I can't stand watching them say their names in the dub anymore (other than Pikachu and a few others).
They do sound unnatural compared to 4Kids. As for the games if they do it like Origins/Gens I'd be cool with it.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
If they force docked mode I'm definitely not going to buy this game. I'm not going to buy a TV and a Switch and a game (and potentially a smartphone if they also force a GO account) just for a single game.

Orphalesion

Just for info: Does the docked mode also work with PC monitors? Becuase yeah...Ihaven't had a TV since I moved out of my parents' place and I don't really feel the need to get one.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
If they force docked mode I'm definitely not going to buy this game. I'm not going to buy a TV and a Switch and a game (and potentially a smartphone if they also force a GO account) just for a single game.
There is no guaratee that docked mode will be required. Even if it is, it won't be required for most of the game. You're overreacting to something that hasn't happened yet and might not even happen.

None of the Go rumors have said anything about it being required. Game Freak is just piggybacking on Go's popularity among casual players, phone gamers, and genwunners by adding functionality between the two. There will be perks for linking your Go account, but it won't be mandatory or required.

A monitor for under $100 can easily satisfy any TV requirement. Just make sure it has HDMI input so you don't have to buy some kind of adapter. Sure, that's an extra expense you don't want to make, but Pokémon isn't the only reason or use for getting a monitor. I don't think buying a Switch is a worthwhile purchase if you have no intention of using it in all 3 modes at some point in its useful life.

Just for info: Does the docked mode also work with PC monitors? Becuase yeah...Ihaven't had a TV since I moved out of my parents' place and I don't really feel the need to get one.
yes, mine is currently connected to a monitor.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
No docked-mode, no smartphone. Integrating docked-mode alone is clashing with the idea of VGC tournaments, as you cannot connect more than a Switch to get different outputs from the same TV. GO's integration is most likely going to be an optional feature.

MewsTruck

Almost that time everybody. Hopefully everyone is excited and happy for the fact the pokemon made it this far and for the most of us, has been apart of our lives since it began. I for one like some of us, see this as a milestone of sort. And a big impact in our pokemon community. Hopefully everyone is satisfied with atleast some aspects of the game no matter what it is.

Till then everybody, im taking a break till that time arrives of the announcement.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
There is no guaratee that docked mode will be required. Even if it is, it won't be required for most of the game. You're overreacting to something that hasn't happened yet and might not even happen.

None of the Go rumors have said anything about it being required. Game Freak is just piggybacking on Go's popularity among casual players, phone gamers, and genwunners by adding functionality between the two. There will be perks for linking your Go account, but it won't be mandatory or required.

A monitor for under $100 can easily satisfy any TV requirement. Just make sure it has HDMI input so you don't have to buy some kind of adapter. Sure, that's an extra expense you don't want to make, but Pokémon isn't the only reason or use for getting a monitor. I don't think buying a Switch is a worthwhile purchase if you have no intention of using it in all 3 modes at some point in its useful life.

yes, mine is currently connected to a monitor.
The rumor says that only the post game battle facility requires docked mode.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
GameFreak gonna sue this ?

But its extremely cool, looks really good (eventhough its pretty much a Pokemon ripoff).

Here is the website for anyone interested for more info.

Last edited:

BlackButterfree

GameFreak gonna sue this ?

But its extremely cool, looks really good (eventhough its pretty much a Pokemon ripoff).

Here is the website for anyone interested for more info.
Possibly? It's obviously extremely similar to Pokémon, but it might have enough different elements that it's protected. Either way, my jaw dropped at the battle screen. Though I do like the monsters being kept in cards.