• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That makes it even worse. Not everyone has friends that they can play with.

You don't have to play the game in multiplayer mode. If you don't have friends, just play single player.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
??? yeah that was extreme and you can’t exactly opt out of purchasing abuse if you don’t like it. i don’t think that metaphor works here not to mention its dark and unnecessary.

Besides the point. It's not about whether or not they can, it's about whether or not they want to. Even when the fandom can opt out of purchasing a game if they don't like it, they somehow still do.

Marzbar

I thought the graphics actually looked really good :/

It will suck if it’s just the 151 Pokemon. Hopefully they give us more than that. It better not be some event Pokemon that is only ever obtained from these games and forces us to buy them.

I don’t mind the connectivity to Pokemon Go. That was always going to happen, so I don’t know why it’s annoying people. It’s not pandering to Go players. It should be an expected progression.

Sadly it’s about 2 years too late and nobody plays Go.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They're just going backwards. They're erasing almost every innovation that has ever been made in the series and then some.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'd think there will be online multiplayer. Not just for the longevity of Pokemon but for Nintendo Switch's Online service's sake.

windwakemeup

Bee Prince
Honestly, the fanbase kind of reminds me of abuse victims in a way (extreme metaphor I know, but accurate). They don't like Game Freak is doing but don't have the guts to stand up for themselves and either demand better or walk away.

No, it's not equal. Stop using **** that scars lives as a metaphor for how much you are pissed bout a gaming company doing things you don't like. **** off with that ****, the abuse I went through and a lot of people go through is NOT comparable with your whining.

Core series in the vein of Sun/moon are coming later on in 2019. They aren't abandoning the core series.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Who else thinks the special gift Pokemon they hint at in the trailer is Mew?

Mew has already been released in Go. Also, they confirmed there will be a new Pokémon in these games, so it might be that.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
They're just going backwards. They're erasing almost every innovation that has ever been made in the series and then some.
I think your reacting too hastily. There's almost no hint of GameFreak going backwards. All we've seen are additions, refinements, and improvements to the Pokemon series as always and it hasn't been confirmed if there singling out every Pokemon outside of Generation 1. We haven't really seen GameFreak erase any of the previous norms yet.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I like the graphics as well but I've always liked the chibi characters in rpg's. It will be nice to have a Pokemon game on my switch but at least I have something to look forward to in 2019.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
It's called having standards. If you expect nothing then you end up with a poor product or worse, nothing. But if you expect what you actually want (within reason) and hold the developers accountable for their bullshit when they don't deliver, then they'll eventually cave in and give it to you. I'm seeing a lot of people holding the attitude of "It's Pokemon, you'll buy it anyway" and that is arguably an even worse attitude to have towards this series because then it means we'll just get mediocrity like this forever instead of pressuring Game Freak to make a legitimately good game.

Honestly, the fanbase kind of reminds me of abuse victims in a way (extreme metaphor I know, but accurate). They don't like Game Freak is doing but don't have the guts to stand up for themselves and either demand better or walk away.

This is most likely the hold out title before the core game next year. If they didn't announced the core game i would be furious but since they are still doing it, i'll judge when i see that one instead. This, much like GO, it's more of a distraction, kinda like FE heroes isn't actually FE. While having no wild battles sucks (a lot), it may have some surprises. I don't even consider this a main seires game at all despite it being considered that.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think your reacting too hastily. There's almost no hint of GameFreak going backwards. All we've seen are additions, refinements, and improvements to the Pokemon series as always and it hasn't been confirmed if there singling out every Pokemon outside of Generation 1.
They're taking out wild battles, post-gen 1 Pokemon, and online play, as well as downgraded the graphics to Gen 6 standards.

Kage-Pikachu

I'm just glad I was wrong thinking it may be a trailer about Zeraora, Sabrina is going to be difficult to defeat... Raise a strong Tauros, Snorlax, or fast Gengar people...

Hehe, it will nice to see Starmie back in OU! Wait, we can battle online right?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It better not be some event Pokemon that is only ever obtained from these games and forces us to buy them.
They are doing that, actually. We just don't know if it is an event Pokémon, though that seems the likeliest.

hawaiian ale

zapdos master hoo ra
Me. This is the first time ever that I've actually hated a Pokemon game.
Yes it totally took us hardcore fan out of our element , because now the wannabe poke fans can jump right in

windwakemeup

Bee Prince
They're taking out wild battles, post-gen 1 Pokemon, and online play, as well as downgraded the graphics to Gen 6 standards.

This is a romp where they are free to change things up and figure out what works and what doesn't, and the main series is coming 2019. It'll be ok, they aren't changing main series.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
No, it's not equal. Stop using **** that scars lives as a metaphor for how much you are pissed bout a gaming company doing things you don't like. **** off with that ****, the abuse I went through and a lot of people go through is NOT comparable with your whining.

And in that respect, yeah, the metaphor doesn't work. I'm not implying that Game Freak is mentally scarring anyone.

In the sense of people putting up with the game developer BS instead of standing up to it? Totally accurate.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This is a romp where they are free to change things up and figure out what works and what doesn't, and the main series is coming 2019. It'll be ok, they aren't changing main series.
It looks like they are. This is a drastic change to the series and I'm not a fan.