• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Oh one good peice of news seems to be that the no online play part was a mistranslation.

Could you link the tweet?

Also if true then it is a pretty much dumbed down version of the mainline games for casual players.

BCVM22

I said that it's not confirmed that the next games are Gen 8.

Of course it's not confirmed. But if LGP/E is going to debut a new Pokémon, that would seem to indicate the next big cycle is Generation VIII, would it not? Of course we don't know for sure, but we can navigate within that grey area just the same.

BlackButterfree

Of course it's not confirmed. But if LGP/E is going to debut a new Pokémon, that would seem to indicate the next big cycle is Generation VIII, would it not? Of course we don't know for sure, but we can navigate within that grey area just the same.

What do you mean it's not confirmed? Yes, it is. Next game after Pikachu/Eevee is Generation 8 in late 2019.

BCVM22

Replies appeared in the time it took me to post. Check again and hopefully any confusion has been alleviated.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Yep I was afraid of it only being Kanto and original 151 and am a little dissappointed. But I may just get it as I have been waiting for a game to want to get a Switch. I'll only be getting the Eevee version tho. Don't really care to get both versions. Will probably ask for it and a Switch for Christmas as I can't warrent spending over 300$ at any other time.

Also what would this co op mean exactly? Can you do it with only 1 game and from the same console? I ask because my sister would want to play too and we can't exactly get 2 Switches. I also wonder if we can have the ability to have more than 1 save file so we both can have our own save.

Also I would love to see how Rapidash would look in this game. And I admit I am pretty happy to see following pokemon.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
I'm looking forward more to next year now, especially that I know that is a main series game. Gives me plenty of time to continue shiny hunting in Ultra Moon.

Fair play to Game Freak for doing this though - capitalise on the Go audience in the lead up to a new Generation VIII.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't have an issue with these games since they are aiming for a new target audience, but not at the expense of the core audience, with the 2019 game.
That's definitely relieving at least because it will feel that these games aren't as interfering with the core series, but can allow a new audience to eventually join the hardcore audience.

Orphalesion

Welp, kind of getting conflicting information around here, since Serebii homepage states that it was a mistranslation from the journalist in question.

I might a bit thick here, but I still don't understand what "WiFi and local play, no online." is supposed to mean... So is there online (wifi) or not?

BCVM22

My read is that it's "local wireless play" and single-system co-op, but all of the attempts to "clarify" fail to actually answer the question.

MewsTruck

I doubt, this is the "new formula ". This isn't pokemon. Its just a sn introduction for the casual players. Now im a casual player and i casually played gen 1 to 7 so i dont see why they need to make a game strictly for that but whatever.

It just disappoints me they go to that extreme of making pokemon quest and then this lets go thing. Its not perfect but if they just kept in wild battles, it be great. Not to make it easier to catch but to actually battle, weaken pokemon, then catch it. And then to train an gain exp... i want to like it but this just isn't it for me. Im not knocking it as much as others, it could look better but it looks good enough. Aaaaaaagh. I guess im happy for gen 8. Honestly can careless about it being new gen, just want my usual pokemon formula on switch. Really wish i could have done my 1st pokemon on a home console 1st aswell. Thats nostalgic to me

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yep. Not thrilled about the Multi Switch thing.

As for Multi player... I'm curious... would we be able to play with more than one person if we played one game, or do they have to have a Switch as well? I'm figuring the latter, and to be honest... that's just way too expensive.