• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

sunny phoenix

I think it's cute. The animations only help that. We literally only know about this thing for Gen 8 but I can't blame you as I understand the dislike towards object mons. We can only get better after Let's Go

The design its just so lazy...

and the thing is that if u are going to tease a whole new gen of pkmn by using just one pkmn wouldnt you choose something more general pleasing? its like teasing gen one and revealing voltrob instead of sth like charizard...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

and the thing is that if u are going to tease a whole new gen of pkmn by using just one pkmn wouldnt you choose something more general pleasing? its like teasing gen one and revealing voltrob instead of sth like charizard...
Good point. I think they're trying to go for a mysterious vibe and it'll probably be something like the Zygarde Core or Cosmog where it has a ton of hidden potential

sunny phoenix

Red and Blue were mechanical failures. Kids just didn't notice because it was the first of the series, and thus everyone thought all the screw ups and brokeness were on purpose.

THAT is my point. You're itching to say Let's GO will be the worst game of the franchise, but there will never be a game worse than Red and Blue. Ever.

But red and Blue werent bad.. all these mechanical failures u are mentioning are just exaggerated with today's standards and knowledge which makes them look more devastating that what they truly were...

and No even with the bugs that Red and Blue had (which at least are justified given the circumstances) LGPE definitely take the crown as the worst entries in the franchise....

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

It seems the majority finds this pokemon adorable.

There have already been fan arts made of it, and it hasn't even been 24 hours since its leak. I've even fallen for the little booger. It's so cute! And it swings its head like a war hammer!

But red and Blue werent bad.. all these mechanical failures u are mentioning are just exaggerated with today's standards and knowledge which makes them look more devastating that what they truly were...

and No even with the bugs that Red and Blue had (which at least are justified given the circumstances) LGPE definitely take the crown as the worst entries in the franchise....

To you, and no, the brokeness was quite apparent, which is why they were all fixed in the very next installment, whose demo was made and released only a year after after Red and Green's release.

In one year, they did away with all the errors. Today we would call that a patch.

Grey Wind

Considering how weird and seemingly glitchy the whole thing was (turning into both Ditto and Chikorita, then Kecleon) I'd be inclined to believe that this was a mistake that they're just doubling down on. Whatever the intention was, it's bizarre from a marketing standpoint.

sunny phoenix

It seems the majority finds this pokemon adorable.

There have already been fan arts made of it, and it hasn't even been 24 hours since its leak. I've even fallen for the little booger. It's so cute! And it swings its head like a war hammer!

u probably only visit sites like serebii full of pkmn apologists cause everywhere i go the new pkmn is dragged to the pits of hell... :rolleyes:

sunny phoenix

Considering how weird and seemingly glitchy the whole thing was (turning into both Ditto and Chikorita, then Kecleon) I'd be inclined to believe that this was a mistake that they're just doubling down on. Whatever the intention was, it's bizarre from a marketing standpoint.

Its obvious tehy ****ed it up and just try to clean up the mess now.... i bet they already had an angry phone call by GF

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
1. I dont speak in Hyperbole... I have played all the main series games and remakes (plus everything that has somewhat of a main series feel like the cube and standium games) and this one looks like the worst game in the franchise ...
2. Its the worst cause its an extremely dumped down version of regular pkmn games, its extremely uninspiring considering all the things they could have down for a remake and also extremely pricy for what it offers
3. My biggest (and most fans who dont like teh game) issue with this title is the fear that any of its features might cross into the main series games.
4. Everyone posts their opinion here, None's opinion is any kind of fact or "truth" so if soemone's likes it or dislikes it, its because its their personal feelings towards it..

p.s as a fan of pkmn since red i am very upset with every release of how GF treats us.. tehy never listent o what fans want and also for a multi million company they dont do anything proactive! like why remake when u can make a sequel... why not offer us features like difficulty that every ****ing game has... why not offer 2 version like FE fates instead of giving me the exact same thing 2 times.... tbh i am very offended by their milking attitude... they only care about easy money.. they are so ****ing lazy.... and i am ahppy taht this title might be the shake up they need and realize that fans wont continue to take their craps forever

1) Fair enough. That is your opinion, but you shouldn't be surprised when people ask you why you feel the way you do. If you are going to have the opinion of this game being the worse, you should have evidence proving it. Could these games be lackluster? Yes, but I doubt they'll be the glitchfest that was Red and Blue.

2) Now this is all an opinion thing as well. I can agree that I don't like them simplfying mechanics that don't need it. But I understand where they are coming from. They're trying to recreate gen 1 without all the bullshit glitches involved. Regardless I still feel people would complain about this being a Kanto remake anyways. I'd rather they try something different than rush out a gen early.

3) It won't. It's been confirmed by Masuda that if the games sell well it'll be a side series. That's like saying Pokemon XD will suddenly change all the main games into double battles. Rest assured, for this game they aren't making any major changes from LGPE. Maybe in the next game, but this upcoming generation has been stated to be traditional like the others.

4) True. I can respect other people's opinions including yours, but just saying the game sucks without any explanation puts the burden of proof on you. Your opinion does not exist in a bubble in the internet. Unless you have some substantial proof that these games will be even worse than red and blue, I can't agree with you there.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
u probably only visit sites like serebii full of pkmn apologists cause everywhere i go the new pkmn is dragged to the pits of hell... :rolleyes:

Actually, I've been on Twitter constantly, and both 'Niantic' and 'Dittonut' were trending.

Footage of the pokemon in the mobile game was being posted, as well as fan art, datamined info (including a model of the pokemon's tail, which is based on cut wire), and stills people took while playing. There's also clean audio of its cry, which is pretty cool to hear.

I'm sorry, but much like me with the MCU, you're on the lower end of this one.

sunny phoenix

1) Fair enough. That is your opinion, but you shouldn't be surprised when people ask you why you feel the way you do. If you are going to have the opinion of this game being the worse, you should have evidence proving it. Could these games be lackluster? Yes, but I doubt they'll be the glitchfest that was Red and Blue.

2) Now this is all an opinion thing as well. I can agree that I don't like them simplfying mechanics that don't need it. But I understand where they are coming from. They're trying to recreate gen 1 without all the bullshit glitches involved. Regardless I still feel people would complain about this being a Kanto remake anyways. I'd rather they try something different than rush out a gen early.

3) It won't. It's been confirmed by Masuda that if the games sell well it'll be a side series. That's like saying Pokemon XD will suddenly change all the main games into double battles. Rest assured, for this game they aren't making any major changes from LGPE. Maybe in the next game, but this upcoming generation has been stated to be traditional like the others.

4) True. I can respect other people's opinions including yours, but just saying the game sucks without any explanation puts the burden of proof on you. Your opinion does not exist in a bubble in the internet. Unless you have some substantial proof that these games will be even worse than red and blue, I can't agree with you there.

1. i dont mind people quoting.. as i didn't mind your reply... if i didnt want a conversation i wouldnt post in a forum anyway
2. If they would try to re create gen 1 they wouldnt add Go stuff... this is just a way to bring Go players to the franchise... which i dont midn if they keep it as a different series of games
3. As i said in no2 i dont mind it per say if they do that.... But over the years i have grown somewhat distrustful and disappointed to Gf so i still wont let my gurd down...
4. I think i have stated my reasons as everyone who seems to distaste this series... Red and Blue were great for their times.... a game isnt just about its bugs which werent even a big issue back then... i dont consider RB the best in teh franchise but not the worst ether... a game is made by many elements... i guess which u value teh most depends on the player
5. i still believe that LGPE are going to be the worst in teh franchise....

Last edited:

sunny phoenix

Actually, I've been on Twitter constantly, and both 'Niantic' and 'Dittonut' were trending.

Footage of the pokemon in the mobile game was being posted, as well as fan art, datamined info (including a model of the pokemon's tail, which is based on cut wire), and stills people took while playing. There's also clean audio of its cry, which is pretty cool to hear.

I'm sorry, but much like me with the MCU, you're on the lower end of this one.

Of course they are trending!! its big news! being trended doesnt mean its because of positive reasons ....

i am sorry but i am definitely not on the lower... teh games will come out soon and their sales will speak for themselves....

Also idrc if i am minority or majority, teh fact u are trying to persuade me with arguments "majority likes it so **** you" like idc i am only stating my opinion feel free to diagree but dont act like this is a debate and someone's definitely wrong or right

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Of course they are trending!! its big news! being trended doesnt mean its because of positive reasons ....

i am sorry but i am definitely not on the lower... teh games will come out soon and their sales will speak for themselves....

Also idrc if i am minority or majority, teh fact u are trying to persuade me with arguments "majority likes it so **** you" like idc i am only stating my opinion

You were stating your opinion as if it were a fact:
This looks like it's going to be the worst game in the franchise...

But on the subject of sales, I'm honestly looking forward to it, because you all are so eager to see it fail. Remember, the average sales for a remake is 12 million.

Ignition

Yikes what's worse: having the idea that any Pokémon title will flop or being so excited just to have a arbitrary "I told you so!" moment :confused:

sunny phoenix

You were stating your opinion as if it were a fact:

But on the subject of sales, I'm honestly looking forward to it, because you all are so eager to see it fail. Remember, the average sales for a remake is 12 million.

Nope thats just you not be able to take other people's opinions.... everything anyone posts in a forum is their own opinion... I am sorry but i didn't know that i had to end every post with an IMO because even in 2018 some people dont get that...

Its also really funny to em how riled up because one poster doesnt like the game :confused:

Also funny how even Joe complained about the lack of interest and traffic for this game :p:p

Last edited:

Sαpphire

Johto Champion

This section has some anti-LGPE echo-chamber qualities pretty often, though, so...?

But like, I'm also not surprised that there's tons of people in this fan base yelling "not MY Pokemon!" over these games.

LGPE definitely take the crown as the worst entries in the franchise....

Based on what? You not liking the material that we have when we're still two months from release? Save this line until you've played through the game.

Love it, hate it, whatever - your prerogative. Relative judgments like this, though, are best left until we can actually make them.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
How interesting is that the new Pokemon has been revealed on GO on its' 808th day of release?

sunny phoenix

This section has some anti-LGPE echo-chamber qualities pretty often, though, so...?

But like, I'm also not surprised that there's tons of people in this fan base yelling "not MY Pokemon!" over these games.

Based on what? You not liking the material that we have when we're still two months from release? Save this line until you've played through the game.

Love it, hate it, whatever - your prerogative. Relative judgments like this, though, are best left until we can actually make them.

As you shouldnt be its only natural such a divisive game to receive both negative and positive reactions...

and nah i dont need to wait for the games to come i have seen enough of this game to know that it wont be a pleasant experience for me ... especially with that price tag

Ignition

How interesting is that the new Pokemon has been revealed on GO on its' 808th day of release?
That's neat. Considering there was mention of this entire ordeal being a tease and not a mistake, I wonder if this was intentional

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
That's neat. Considering there was mention of this entire ordeal being a tease and not a mistake, I wonder if this was intentional
I'm leaning towards that, too. Imagine if you get to live the moment of seeing the new Pokemon right after the Community Day and how hyped you'd feel. I don't think it is 'that' bad of a strategy to reveal the new member of the franchise, considering today marks the 808th day of GO to further strengthen their intention behind.