• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Nope thats just you not be able to take other people's opinions.... everything anyone posts in a forum is their own opinion... I am sorry but i didn't know that i had to end every post with an IMO because even in 2018 some people dont get that...

Its also really funny to em how riled up because one poster doesnt like the game :confused:

Also funny how even Joe complained about the lack of interest and traffic for this game :p:p

The negative vocal minority exists on this site. For the rest of the globe, however...

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
These games aren't even out and they're disgraceful. That little guy, whatever it was, is the worst design I've seen on this franchise and I'm happy everything is backfiring on all the blind fans who can't seem to get their heads out of Niantic's and Gamefreak's butts.

lol Only it's not backfiring.

You're basically sitting in a room filled with people that agree with you. You think the majority is on your side because everyone in the room is. Leave the room, and you'll see a completely different perspective.

You guys don't have to like this game, but to hope it fails is just insane. What, you think if it its sales are poor Game Freak will be like, "Oh my! I guess we should have listened to all the people who said the game is terrible!"? No. They won't. They're going to continue making games and racking billions as usual.

The majority of Pokémon fans of the 1990s felt Gens 2 and 3 were a disgrace, but did that stop Game Freak? No. They kept going, and Pokémon is now the biggest selling media franchise of all time.

What you think is a backfire is a mere illusion you've concocted to make yourself feel better about not having gotten what you wanted for the next Pokémon game. You are always and forever entitled to your opinions, but the way you are going about it is just insane. You're not stopping or changing anything by barking, so save yourself the trouble.

To reflect, I absolutely hated the end result of USUM, but I didn't rant about how much of a 'disgrace' it is or hope for its demise. I just got a refund.

You are so out of reality these games are trashed all over the internert.... I mean if u like it ok but don't twist the reality of things...

see above

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
As you shouldnt be its only natural such a divisive game to receive both negative and positive reactions...

and nah i dont need to wait for the games to come i have seen enough of this game to know that it wont be a pleasant experience for me ... especially with that price tag

Yeah, no. Sorry. You can choose not to purchase them, that's well within your rights - but by doing so, you forfeit your ability to make a truly valid analysis. You can't call something "the worst game" in some scope if you haven't played it, much as those of us who like the idea won't call it the best.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yeah, no. Sorry. You can choose not to purchase them, that's well within your rights - but by doing so, you forfeit your ability to make a truly valid analysis. You can't call something "the worst game" in some scope if you haven't played it, much as those of us who like the idea won't call it the best.

Abso-FREAKIN'-lutely!

I mean, that's just it right there. That hit the mark.

Madame Chocobo

PokéDrawer
The majority of Pokémon fans of the 1990s felt Gens 2 and 3 were a disgrace, but did that stop Game Freak? No. They kept going, and Pokémon is now the biggest selling media franchise of all time.

I didn't know that 2nd and 3rd gen were counted as disgraced. I thought to the case of 4,5, or 6.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I didn't know that 2nd and 3rd gen were counted as disgraced. I thought to the case of 4,5, or 6.
2nd definitely was not viewed as one. It was seen as the perfect sequel and many older fans have the opinion that it should've stopped right here. Gen 3 was a black sheep during it initial debut due to lack of compatibility with GSC but now it's seen more in a better light. 4 is a mixed bag thanks to the several cross generation evolutions. 5 was for a similar reason to Gen 3 but also for its designs. Now it's arguably overrated for its generally favorable story. 6 is just seen as the easy but so missed opportunities gen. Quite a bit of exaggerating on their part but their point still stands

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Oh, man. I was around, and this was before the age of social media.

All you heard was "Pokémon sucks now!" "Why did they have to do more than 151?" "These new pokemon suck!"

Or the worst of all, "I was fine with them doing 250, but now they're doing too much!"

Between Gens 2 and 3, Pokémon saw nearly a 50% drop in sales, with Ruby and Sapphire's 31% being the biggest drop in the franchise's history. But as you can see, the franchise is still going strong. No amount of opposition could stop it.

Madame Chocobo

PokéDrawer
Oh, man. I was around, and this was before the age of social media.

All you heard was "Pokémon sucks now!" "Why did they have to do more than 151?" "These new pokemon suck!"

Or the worst of all, "I was fine with them doing 250, but now they're doing too much!"

Between Gens 2 and 3, Pokémon saw nearly a 50% drop in sales, with Ruby and Sapphire's 31% being the biggest drop in the franchise's history. But as you can see, the franchise is still going strong. No amount of opposition could stop it.

Thinking about it, I do remember complaints that there were more than 151 pokemon, I guess I was too young to remember it fully.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Thinking about it, I do remember complaints that there were more than 151 pokemon, I guess I was too young to remember it fully.

The significance of the Pokémon series is that with every installment, a new generation of fans come into the mix. A lot of the fans that exist today were not fans in the 90s. Some of them weren't even alive.

This is one of the main reasons Let's GO will succeed. New fans are always coming in, even as old fans leave.

sunny phoenix

lol Only it's not backfiring.

You're basically sitting in a room filled with people that agree with you. You think the majority is on your side because everyone in the room is. Leave the room, and you'll see a completely different perspective.

You guys don't have to like this game, but to hope it fails is just insane. What, you think if it its sales are poor Game Freak will be like, "Oh my! I guess we should have listened to all the people who said the game is terrible!"? No. They won't. They're going to continue making games and racking billions as usual.

What you think is a backfire is a mere illusion you've concocted to make yourself feel better about not having gotten what you wanted for the next Pokémon game. You are always and forever entitled to your opinions, but the way you are going about it is just insane. You're not stopping or changing anything by barking, so save yourself the trouble.

To reflect, I absolutely hated the end result of USUM, but I didn't rant about how much of a 'disgrace' it is or hope for its demise. I just got a refund.

see above

The comparison makes absolutely no sense....
U are the delusional man... its the first time in pkmn history that a game gets so much hate from the community before it even releases... u can act that its only here but its all over the internet...

As of now we are both on the same boat so we both make judgements based on the same criteria... Also we know a lot about these games and with teh internet i can even watch people playing it without buying in order to know everything about it... and be able to really say that its not of my preference and that it is be teh worst game in teh franchise to me..

Abso-FREAKIN'-lutely!

I mean, that's just it right there. That hit the mark.

What mark? i dont get why yall are so riled up because one person doesnt like your game... u guys are really funny ... u talk for positivity yet u are the first ones to stir up drama...

The significance of the Pokémon series is that with every installment, a new generation of fans come into the mix. A lot of the fans that exist today were not fans in the 90s. Some of them weren't even alive.

This is one of the main reasons Let's GO will succeed. New fans are always coming in, even as old fans leave.

Pkmn havent changed their formula all these years... for teh first time now they actually do that in a way.... thats a risk.... it can pay off or it can backfire

sunny phoenix

I am not so i remember everything..., the suicune user just doesnt know what he is talking about.... Gen 2 didnt had any hate.. well maybe 1 in 1000 fans might not wanted but thats an absolutely insignificant percentage (that happens in everything) in the grand number of people that were happy with Silver and the jhoto series both anime and games...

Gen 3 had some slack from fans because of it didnt feature all pkmn (which they listened to fans and fixed it with emerald) .. But obviously a lot of people outgrew pkmn that time, it was inevitable....

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, having seen this new Pokémon in Go, I must say that it's grown on me slightly. I still think it's relatively plain and boring, making it not a good choice to be a major marketing crux of these games, but it's at least cute enough that I don't find it to be a completely pointless design.

I have to say this again though, this really was an ingenuous strategy on the part of The Pokémon Company and Niantic. Having people discover a new Pokémon for themselves, instead of just showing it off in a trailer is such an awesome idea. Then having it appear at the end of a Community Day is even better, as that's when the most people are playing Go at any one time. The Pokémon itself may not be the best design in the world, but the way they revealed it was perfect. Bravo.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
LGPE cannot be the worse games in the series because they are already obviously better than at least RGBY.

That said, LGPE is a firm candidate for second worse in the series, if it doesn't have at the least some postgame content.

It's already worrying that they decided to not expand the map even slightly, but they better have at least added a Postgame Battle Tower or something.

If LGPE has a postgame Facility, then it will suddenly go higher in my list. Because the game already does a good deal of things right. I especially like how wild Pokémon always remain visible in the overworld. This touch alone makes LGPE a game to consider.

But without a Battle Facilitiy and some new minigames, LGPE will definitely be disappointing.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

The comparison makes absolutely no sense....
U are the delusional man... its the first time in pkmn history that a game gets so much hate from the community before it even releases... u can act that its only here but its all over the internet...

As of now we are both on the same boat so we both make judgements based on the same criteria... Also we know a lot about these games and with teh internet i can even watch people playing it without buying in order to know everything about it... and be able to really say that its not of my preference and that it is be teh worst game in teh franchise to me..

What mark? i dont get why yall are so riled up because one person doesnt like your game... u guys are really funny ... u talk for positivity yet u are the first ones to stir up drama...

Pkmn havent changed their formula all these years... for teh first time now they actually do that in a way.... thats a risk.... it can pay off or it can backfire

Look it's fine if you don't like the games however let's be realistic about this Gamefreak has been making pokemon games for 20+ years now and each one has been successful and have easily sold well enough that the series can continue even if you try to take the main series pokemon game that made the lowest amount of money it was still a successful game nonetheless, so for Gamefreak to be able to turn out games that make them as much money as they do, at this point I think Gamefreak does deserve the benefit of doubt and should be trusted that they know what they are doing, as they most likely have done plenty of research into whether this games would be worth the time and money investment to create.

Quite frankly Gamefreak is not going to waste time and money to produce a game that they weren't sure was going to succeed, pokemon is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises if not it's biggest, and it's and the main series pokemon games are the things that are Gamefreak main focus so there not going to allow a pokemon game that has a big chance to fail to come out and be released. Basically at the end of the day the mere fact that Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are games that have been officially revealed and are coming out this year means that Gamefreak and Nintendo are sure that even at the low estimates for the game that it would still be successful and is still going to make them money and a profit otherwise the games would not even be coming out right now.

So no the let's go games are not going to massively back fire or flop because if there was actual chance of that happening then the games wouldn't be coming out at all this year.

sunny phoenix

Look it's fine if you don't like the games however let's be realistic about this Gamefreak has been making pokemon games for 20+ years now and each one has been successful and have easily sold well enough that the series can continue even if you try to take the main series pokemon game that made the lowest amount of money it was still a successful game nonetheless, so for Gamefreak to be able to turn out games that make them as much money as they do, at this point I think Gamefreak does deserve the benefit of doubt and should be trusted that they know what they are doing, as they most likely have done plenty of research into whether this games would be worth the time and money investment to create.

Quite frankly Gamefreak is not going to waste time and money to produce a game that they weren't sure was going to succeed, pokemon is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises if not it's biggest, and it's and the main series pokemon games are the things that are Gamefreak main focus so there not going to allow a pokemon game that has a big chance to fail to come out and be released. Basically at the end of the day the mere fact that Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are games that have been officially revealed and are coming out this year means that Gamefreak and Nintendo are sure that even at the low estimates for the game that it would still be successful and is still going to make them money and a profit otherwise the games would not even be coming out right now.

So no the let's go games are not going to massively back fire or flop because if there was actual chance of that happening then the games wouldn't be coming out at all this year.

I do respect that opinion... and yeah Obviously LGPE will make money... But there is a difference between making enough money to continue this trend and lets go back to basics....

For example Pokken was also succesfull but i doubt they will continue it

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Also, it is important to note that the new Pokémon will be given via special trade and won't be catchable in GO so, it was not just only a perfect date to reveal it, but also gave the players an opportunity to actually interact with it, catch it and even take AR(+) photos as we won't be able to do it once it will be officially distributed.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

I don't know how old you are, or how many games you've played, but this formula isn't the slightest bit new. The only new thing is the lack of wild battles, and if that's your cornerstone for this game, then I'm speechless.

The series' formula changed heavily from in Gen 2, with the introduction of Special Attack and Special Defense and the overhaul of several types, as well as the introduction of Dark and Steel, and the series' formula comparatively changed almost entirely in Gen 3, with the overhaul of the Effort Value system, the introduction of Natures and Abilities, and the additions of battle-based hold items.

You see, I've played these games well enough and long enough to know these "changes" in Let's GO are just a revisit. What I've seen in trailers and gameplay footage reminds me more of Pokémon Stadium than anything, which I dedicated hundreds of hours to as a child. There were no hold items then, nor were there abilities. But you know what? There weren't a Fairy type back then, either, nor were there Alolan forms or a great deal of Ghost and Dragon moves, or move categories (another formula-changing feature, introduced in Gen 4).

The old and the new have combined in this game, but the forumla? The formula's pretty much the same as it's always been. Again, the only difference between this game and the rest of the franchise is the lack of wild battles, and if that's all it took for you to not want this game, then I take it weren't a fan of Quick Balls. lol

But you're right, it can pay off or it can backfire. It's going to pay off. For Game Freak. They always win. They aren't risking anything; the company isn't going to suffer, or lose any money. The game will sell, business will go on as usual, and you will live to see the next day. Stop acting like this is going to be the end of the franchise. You're being overdramatic, as is the rest of the anti-LGPE crowd out there.