• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Cutscene skipping bois.
DrvcCFSX0AAmGiA.jpg

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yeah they get a level boost to mid 60s.

But where do they start?

Mid 60s seem a bit low for where they were the original, especially if we also have gym leader rematches, 'cause I'm not battling the Elite Four again without taking down the gym leaders first.

Cutscene skipping bois.
DrvcCFSX0AAmGiA.jpg

BOI THEY FINALLY DID IT!!!

We got another fan victory, ladies and gents! I feel like we won the US Midterms all over again. lol This is something I definitely hope remains for all future main series games. Sun and Moon should have had this. For real.

noakai

I’m not excusing FRLG by any means. That does annoy me, and I even thought about it while writing the post, I just chose not to include it. But at least that was post game content. This is to progress in the main story. Surely it is even worse to have to do this just to finish the game as it is?

I’m well aware it’s not difficult, it’s just, as I said, tedious. If you’re like me you don’t like to capture Pokémon for the hell of it and just catch what you want to use for your team or other minor purposes. Having that taken away as a way of playing the game to no benefit whatsoever is silly. I’d personally ask where’s the logic in saying it’s okay because a different game did too.

It's likely because they've removed wild battles, so the only place you're going to get XP is through the trainer and gym battles if you don't catch Pokemon and that might lead to you being under leveled. It seems like a later game thing, so likely they're trying to make sure you've leveled up enough to handle the rest of the game after it, since there likely are people who will only catch a team full and then just use those. I can see how it would be annoying, I've never done the "catch them all" until I've already beaten the game thing, but I think that's the reason it's there.

Chrissiekun

Shouldn't it be reasonable to expect that, since the old aide's requirement of 50 different species is back, that other, lower requirements (10/20/30/40) should be back as well? Making hitting the 50 mark perhaps a little bit less of a hassle than it seems to be at this point?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
But where do they start?

Mid 60s seem a bit low for where they were the original, especially if we also have gym leader rematches, 'cause I'm not battling the Elite Four again without taking down the gym leaders first.

We got another fan victory, ladies and gents! I feel like we won the US Midterms all over again. lol This is something I definitely hope remains for all future main series games. Sun and Moon should have had this. For real.
This might be a stupid assumption but could it be that SM/USUM couldn't be able to give the option to skip the cutscenes because of the 3DS limitations? Of course I'm sure there are a couple other games that push the 3DS to its limits and allow you to skip all that stuff but still

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
This might be a stupid assumption but could it be that SM/USUM couldn't be able to give the option to skip the cutscenes because of the 3DS limitations? Of course I'm sure there are a couple other games that push the 3DS to its limits and allow you to skip all that stuff but still

Actually, that might make a lot of sense.

The 3DS' limitations are the reason Pokémon is now on the home console. That could be one of the things they couldn't do for Sun and Moon.

noakai

Cutscene skipping might be one of the biggest QoL changes they've done, people are gonna love that. If they don't carry it over to other games I'm pretty sure the tantrums will be epic.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Ehh i was thinking it is for the let's go series.....but i don't pretend that i can see the future of the Pokemon series like most fans always tried to do with every Pokemon game there is.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Alright, seeing how the last 12 hours of conversation has been going, looks like it's nothing but spoiler talk. I'm out of here. It was nice while it lasted, guys.

Creyk

It... IS stylistic choice...? They literally said that. It's supposed to look inviting to kids. There is a wide array of stylized games on the Switch. The fact that photorealistic games exist on the platform is irrelevant. I like the graphics and am very happy with them. This is NOT gen 8 so it doesn't need to "push it further". I really don't get why people event WANT photorealism in Pokemon games. that would look hella ugly. I'm pretty much done dealing with people like you though so have a good time waiting for gen 8. Bye Felicia.

Photorealism looking ugly is just your wrong opinion...they obviously copy pasted the graphics here out of laziness, just like they copy pasted battle facilities in different games before. They will do anything to cut down on costs and you are falling for it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
But where do they start?

Wow! Just when people thought Gamefreak was not listening to us and Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee were going to be a stain to the series. It already drew me in with the Red, Blue and Green trio being in this series... but now this is a keeper... please keep this feature in Gamefreak and I will be glad for it!

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Now that the OST is leaking, which in my opinion is the best part unless you are interested in story-mode leaks, I wonder if they would pull off DPPt and give Elite Four a higher-tone remix than the GYM Leaders.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Clefairy line, Jigglypuff line, and Growlithe line get Play Rough now. Seel line and Lapras get Megahorn. Melmetal gets Ice Beam, Superpower (so does Arcanine), Solar Beam, Self Destruct, EQ, Thunder, Ice Punch, Headbutt, Thunder Punch, and Rock Slide. Pikachu gets Calm Mind now.Beedrill and Pinsir ger Outrage. Raticate gets Fly (?)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Clefairy line, Jigglypuff line, and Growlithe line get Play Rough now. Seel line and Lapras get Megahorn. Melmetal gets Ice Beam, Superpower (so does Arcanine), Solar Beam, Self Destruct, EQ, Thunder, Ice Punch, Headbutt, Thunder Punch, and Rock Slide. Pikachu gets Calm Mind now.
Remember Jigglypuff once had Play Rough in Pokémon GO? Now it’s back in full action in LGPE.