• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?

Creyk

I just want to know why a few trainer classes share the same animation when defeated. It’s mainly the Lass, Beauty, and Female TR Grunt but all those three just do the same hand gesture followed by putting their hands on their hips. It’s a nitpick I know but couldn’t they have done something a bit different for each of them lol

This game does nothing but scream "there was no effort put into any of this". Why would it be different with the trainer class animations?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Because it is not a big deal to most people and he was making an educated guess based on past games.

Still, he, as a Nintendo representative speaking in official capacity, went out and stated something directly which was incorrect. An official live stream isn't really the place to be making educated guesses and passing them off as fact, regardless of how important it is. Even if this were something I personally didn't care about, I would still have to question it.

The irony of this is, if I remember correctly, he brought up the fact in the first place by saying that some people may not want to use it, so he was acknowledging that it is important to some people.

I just want to know why a few trainer classes share the same animation when defeated. It’s mainly the Lass, Beauty, and Female TR Grunt but all those three just do the same hand gesture followed by putting their hands on their hips. It’s a nitpick I know but couldn’t they have done something a bit different for each of them lol

That's probably just simple way to save on work. Alternatively, they couldn't come up with anything all that different for the three of them, and decided they could get away with reusing the same animation. I never noticed, myself.

BCVM22

Still, he, as a Nintendo representative speaking in official capacity, went out and stated something directly which was incorrect. An official live stream isn't really the place to be making educated guesses and passing them off as fact, regardless of how important it is. Even if this were something I personally didn't care about, I would still have to question it.

Because when you're a front-facing PR guy, the reality of the matter is that sometimes the small bits of information get lost in translation or transition and you have to do the best you can with what you have.

That's it. That's the reality of it. It happens. What's the impediment to moving on, at this point?

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor

This game does nothing but scream "there was no effort put into any of this". Why would it be different with the trainer class animations?

They're not the same at all. They have different hand gestures and postures. They just have similar faces and even them they're still visibly different.

I actually think the Lass and Beauty have 2 of the best animations in the whole game. Both start out cheery and cute but when they lose they drop that persona and show their hilariously mean looking true self. The Beauty does this better but the Lass is still good.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What's the impediment to moving on, at this point?

There isn't. I was just curious as to what lead to that moment behind the scenes.

Aetius

This game has many flaws, but honestly saying that no effort was put in it, it's a bit unfair.
Mind you, not trying to make you change your mind, as I know your opinion after all.
You don't like it? Fine, but don't give a judgement on a game that you didn't even play.
Hope you didn't take my words too badly and if you did then sorry, but it's difficult to tell on'es tone on the internet.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So I’m half way through let’s go Eevee and so far it’s is so much better than sun and moon. The amount of hand holding feels waaaay less, with some battles being trickier for me. I am constantly changing my team and finding that I have to continuously watch the levels on my team and balance them out. I’ve already ran around with only two Pokémon while catching Pokémon just to level them up to match the rest of my team. Although Eevee is a powerhouse that I won’t box and I only use in battle as a last resort lol so yeah.

Also I didn’t think I’d say this, but not battling the wild Pokémon is one of my favourite things with the way the game works. I still find captures get me going when they jump around, and it’s not as much repetition with battle after battle. I dont have to worry that my Pokémon will faint while training either which is very welcomed. Yes it does feel a bit easier in that way, but really I don’t have anything to complain about yet.

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer

I am impressed at your attention to detail. I would never have noticed that lol.

Daaaaaang lol. I had that thought cross my mind, given how minimalistic some aspects of the game are, but overall, I have really really enjoyed my time with Let's Go Eevee. The nostalgia, new story beats that pay homage to the classics, and a second chance to "catch them all" back on the original stomping grounds. I just hope they recognize that the games are momentum builders and deliver something next level this year. If it is a half hearted effort, I might just pass.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I am impressed at your attention to detail. I would never have noticed that lol.

Because it's not true.

Daaaaaang lol. I had that thought cross my mind, given how minimalistic some aspects of the game are, but overall, I have really really enjoyed my time with Let's Go Eevee. The nostalgia, new story beats that pay homage to the classics, and a second chance to "catch them all" back on the original stomping grounds. I just hope they recognize that the games are momentum builders and deliver something next level this year. If it is a half hearted effort, I might just pass.

Just ignore Creyk, my dude. They post that sort of stuff all the time as well as straight up incorrect claims about sales. Their posts have no merit.

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
Because it's not true.

What's your opinion on Let's Go man? It seems like I see a lot of negative commentary surrounding the game, but for what it is, I thought it was fantastic.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since I blazed through Moon. I like how they addressed your role as the Champion in the post game narrative, and I really hope we see continued story continuity, or a shift in the game world, in the post game. I never really got into the breeding-heavy competitive side of these games. The most I ever really aimed for were to get natures conducive to whatever attack stat I was bulking and then trying to load up on vitamins early on. I never farmed EVs diligently, so the candy system introduced in Let's Go is probably my favorite feature, especially since catching mechanics now have an interactive component beyond battling, and powering up a Pokemon you just caught is easy.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
What's your opinion on Let's Go man? It seems like I see a lot of negative commentary surrounding the game, but for what it is, I thought it was fantastic.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since I blazed through Moon. I like how they addressed your role as the Champion in the post game narrative, and I really hope we see continued story continuity, or a shift in the game world, in the post game. I never really got into the breeding-heavy competitive side of these games. The most I ever really aimed for were to get natures conducive to whatever attack stat I was bulking and then trying to load up on vitamins early on. I never farmed EVs diligently, so the candy system introduced in Let's Go is probably my favorite feature, especially since catching mechanics now have an interactive component beyond battling, and powering up a Pokemon you just caught is easy.

I loved them. I don't think we'll be seeing any more content for LGPE released but maybe in future Let's Go games we'll see more post-game.

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
I loved them. I don't think we'll be seeing any more content for LGPE released but maybe in future Let's Go games we'll see more post-game.

Oh finally! Me too!

The only thing I did not like was that we had a Pokemon box in our bag that we could use without restriction. It is far from a deal breaker and the quality of life improvement means I don't think we will see it go, but I missed that feeling of desperation you could get when moving between towns and it was just you and the squad. Granted, without non-trainer battles to worry about, it is even less of an issue too.

Like I've said elsewhere, I hope they re-look at catch mechanics for Gen 8 and re-integrate our partner Pokemon into the process, but I really like the changes.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Oh finally! Me too!

The only thing I did not like was that we had a Pokemon box in our bag that we could use without restriction. It is far from a deal breaker and the quality of life improvement means I don't think we will see it go, but I missed that feeling of desperation you could get when moving between towns and it was just you and the squad. Granted, without non-trainer battles to worry about, it is even less of an issue too.

Like I've said elsewhere, I hope they re-look at catch mechanics for Gen 8 and re-integrate our partner Pokemon into the process, but I really like the changes.

Majority of the community like LGPE, the ones that don't just never shut up.

I actually really liked the box being accessible at any time. It makes swaps really easy and is pretty revolutionary. My one biggest complaint is that the party is mixed in with the box pokemon. I'd prefer that they have a separate section for the party like other games.

I'm happy for the buddy system to remain a LGPE exclusive, but following and riding pokemon should be carried over.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I think it's safe to say that the most universally loved feature of Let's Go was the following/riding Pokémon. I loved too, but if it does come back, I think that there need to be some tweaks made to the system, in order to make it more convenient.

For me, at least, there were two major annoyances with the system. The first was how riding a Pokémon in the water works. Yes, I would rather ride my Gyarados than a surfboard. Who wouldn't? What I do not want to have to do is go to the menu every time I want to get in the water to switch my Gyarados to be the Pokémon following me. Since I have to do this, we have essentially reverted back to the days where you have to use Surf from the party menu, instead of just pressing A in front of water. Clearly it's not a game breaking annoyance, but it would be so much nicer if didn't have to change what Pokémon is following me every time I go in and out of water.

The other big issue is the post-game high flying mechanic. I love the feeling of flying high above everything on my Charizard and Dragonite, but this mechanic was even more inconvenient than the surfing one. Now, if I ever want to go inside, battle, or talk to someone, I have to change my following Pokémon, only to change it back once I'm done. It's annoying to say the least. the only real advantage of high flying I can see is to fly over obstacles, to allow for faster travel, but this becomes a problem when you can't fly over route gates. Suddenly fast travel over more than one route at a time becomes much more tedious, as you have to get off and on your Pokémon, defeating the entire purpose of flying high. This mechanic would have worked much better if it was optional.

Both problems could have easily been fixed in multiple ways. I think the best way would have been to have a button that toggles through your team for which one follows you. So let's say I'm riding my Charizard, but need to go inside, all I would need to do is a press a button, and toggle over to me Gengar, so I'll land on th ground without having to access any menus. Then, once I'm done, I just press the button a few more times to toggle back to my Charizard. Or if I'm standing at water, all I have to do is toggle to my Gyarados, and then I can hop right in. So much easier. Even easier if it's two buttons (let's say the L and R buttons), which allow you to toggle forward and back. If following/riding Pokémon return in Gen VIII, I truly hope that they include this solution.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I think it's safe to say that the most universally loved feature of Let's Go was the following/riding Pokémon. I loved too, but if it does come back, I think that there need to be some tweaks made to the system, in order to make it more convenient.

For me, at least, there were two major annoyances with the system. The first was how riding a Pokémon in the water works. Yes, I would rather ride my Gyarados than a surfboard. Who wouldn't? What I do not want to have to do is go to the menu every time I want to get in the water to switch my Gyarados to be the Pokémon following me. Since I have to do this, we have essentially reverted back to the days where you have to use Surf from the party menu, instead of just pressing A in front of water. Clearly it's not a game breaking annoyance, but it would be so much nicer if didn't have to change what Pokémon is following me every time I go in and out of water.

The other big issue is the post-game high flying mechanic. I love the feeling of flying high above everything on my Charizard and Dragonite, but this mechanic was even more inconvenient than the surfing one. Now, if I ever want to go inside, battle, or talk to someone, I have to change my following Pokémon, only to change it back once I'm done. It's annoying to say the least. the only real advantage of high flying I can see is to fly over obstacles, to allow for faster travel, but this becomes a problem when you can't fly over route gates. Suddenly fast travel over more than one route at a time becomes much more tedious, as you have to get off and on your Pokémon, defeating the entire purpose of flying high. This mechanic would have worked much better if it was optional.

Both problems could have easily been fixed in multiple ways. I think the best way would have been to have a button that toggles through your team for which one follows you. So let's say I'm riding my Charizard, but need to go inside, all I would need to do is a press a button, and toggle over to me Gengar, so I'll land on th ground without having to access any menus. Then, once I'm done, I just press the button a few more times to toggle back to my Charizard. Or if I'm standing at water, all I have to do is toggle to my Gyarados, and then I can hop right in. So much easier. Even easier if it's two buttons (let's say the L and R buttons), which allow you to toggle forward and back. If following/riding Pokémon return in Gen VIII, I truly hope that they include this solution.

The issue with the toggle is that LGPE was designed to work with only 1 joycon or the pokeball plus, both of which have extremely limited buttons. This shouldn't be an issue in the gen 8 games but may be an issue in future let's go titles

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The issue with the toggle is that LGPE was designed to work with only 1 joycon or the pokeball plus, both of which have extremely limited buttons. This shouldn't be an issue in the gen 8 games but may be an issue in future let's go titles

Of course, I fully understand that (even if I don't really agree with the philosophy), I was speaking with Gen VIII in mind.

Technically, one joy-con could have worked, as the R/L and ZR/ZL buttons sit there unused, but yeah, the Pokéball Plus sill wouldn't have that ability unless they gave it more buttons.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
DxjX-IaVYAAOxb0.jpg:large

Hopefully this data will convince them not to make another set of Let's Go games

This is very misleading and I hope you understand it makes you look very shady when you post info like this.

First, the games were in development since we know Go got popular. This was gonna happen eventually whether it was a spin-off or not.

Second, the game is top 6 and 7? How is that a failure? If you wanted to convince me or anyone else I suggest looking at the units sold. The game broke the record for the fastest selling game for the Switch and that number of units continues to grow.

https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/pokemon-lets-go-video-game-sales-228613

I already mentioned it but a Pokemon game selling a couple million units it's first week is pretty normal. X and Y started out with 4 million units over the following weekend and it grew eventually to sell over 15 million copies.

The game is doing fine. And I honesty get it there are some changes that I can agree with you that I don't like but trying to smear this game by misreprenting info is ridiculous.

They already announced that the next game would be a traditional RPG anyways and if the game comes out next year I doubt in a development cycle they somehow added go elements to piss off older fans.

I can get not liking the games. There are plenty of people here that have mentioned they don't and that's fine, but please if you want to show how big of a failure these games are...show information that goes with your statement.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
DxjX-IaVYAAOxb0.jpg:large

Hopefully this data will convince them not to make another set of Let's Go games

I've made clear my thoughts on Lets Go, But being in the Top 10 for 2018 is pretty good. Especially since they only released half way through November.