• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on the Wii Mini?

Jb

Tsun in the streets

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
There are no 13 year old Gameube games. Anyhow, isn't the Wii U Store getting downloadable versions of titles from the GameCube library?
well until they release every GC game that way, people will still want a GC to play their games on. plus we dont need a GC mini, the original GC is small and costs about 30$

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
But it's not exactly readily available.
really? my gamestop always seems to have a bunch of them. plus there is amazon or ebay.
Nobody should have GameCube games if they don't own a GameCube or a Wii. Think about the logic of your post
*sigh* i was saying that we dont need a GC mini cuz the GC is good enough.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
really? my gamestop always seems to have a bunch of them.

EB Games doesn't accept any new GC consoles, accessories or games. Not sure about Gamestop, but considering it's the same company, it must be the same policy. As for Amazon and eBay, some people don't have access to buying online. I lucked out with Twilight Princess because a friend of mine had it for sale. I haven't seen the GC version of it at EB in years.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
EB Games doesn't accept any new GC consoles, accessories or games. Not sure about Gamestop, but considering it's the same company, it must be the same policy. As for Amazon and eBay, some people don't have access to buying online. I lucked out with Twilight Princess because a friend of mine had it for sale. I haven't seen the GC version of it at EB in years.
True but mine seems to have a surplus of GC's available. And as to the online thing, just buy a 25$ amazon gift card and go to the library and order ot from there.
Nothing has been confirmed yet and what do you mean "good ones"?

Probably things like wind waker and gale of darkness.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I agree. I'd be very surprised if titles like those two, SSB Melee and most Mario names didn't make it to the virtual store though.

Just like the original Mario Party never made it to the Wii VC. I've been looking for it for ages, but everywhere, I only find Mario Party 2 and newer.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
They aren't selling the Wii mini to compete with the Wii U - whether they share any functionality is irrelevant.

It's not about them sharing functionality as it is about wasting time and resources. The more of these they sell, the less Wii U models they can sell. That's basic economics right there. The Wii U is the only Nintendo console that should still be in production, the rest is obsolete garbage that no one wants to buy anymore.

Probably things like wind waker and gale of darkness.

We likely won't be getting Colosseum or XD, you'd need to be able to connect with RSEFRLG to make much use out of them, and we probably won't be getting those either since everyone would want to transfer their Pokemon to the current gen games which would be difficult if not impossible.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
It's not about them sharing functionality as it is about wasting time and resources. The more of these they sell, the less Wii U models they can sell. That's basic economics right there. The Wii U is the only Nintendo console that should still be in production, the rest is obsolete garbage that no one wants to buy anymore.

But what about those people who can't afford to pay full retail for a Wii U? The mini makes an affordable console, especially for people who buy it for younger children, or for a second console for a child's room.

Just because you have no need for it, doesn't mean someone else won't take advantage of this.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
But what about those people who can't afford to pay full retail for a Wii U? The mini makes an affordable console, especially for people who buy it for younger children, or for a second console for a child's room.

Just because you have no need for it, doesn't mean someone else won't take advantage of this.

if someone has enough dough to let their kid have their own console while another perfectly good one sits in the next room, then they probably have enough for 2 wiiU's

Jb

Tsun in the streets
A normal Wii cost $99. Not wanting to buy this justified for some people.

Nothing has been confirmed yet and what do you mean "good ones"?
Games that don't involve Mario and his buddies.

Like Wind Waker, Desert Storm I/II, Viewtiful Joe, Bomberman Generation, I-Ninja, Resident Evil 4, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia, Super Monkey Ball 1/2, and many others.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
No GC compatibility and no internet whatsoever, so no VC and WiiWare games? Wow. That sounds terrible. But I suppose it's ok for those people who just really want to play some Wii games, but can't afford a Wii U or a normal Wii.

Arvis

A normal Wii cost $99. Not wanting to buy this justified for some people.

Games that don't involve Mario and his buddies.

Like Wind Waker, , Super Monkey Ball 1/2, .

especially these two games.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
if someone has enough dough to let their kid have their own console while another perfectly good one sits in the next room, then they probably have enough for 2 wiiU's

Not necessarily. The fact that it doesn't have wi-fi capabilities would make it the perfect console for a child's room. Plus there's quite a price gap between the Wii U and the Wii Mini.

And either way, what's the difference between a kid having their own console or their own 3DS? The mini at least is cheaper.

BCVM22

It's not about them sharing functionality as it is about wasting time and resources. The more of these they sell, the less Wii U models they can sell.

Willful ignorance is an ugly thing. We've discussed several times - several more times than we should have needed to - how this is not taking production resources away from the Wii U. Nintendo is not a mom-and-pop business making things in the back room of their storefront. They have production facilities a hundred times over, beyond enough to produce Wii mini units without taking resources away from producing the Wii U. What part of this do you and those mistaken like you refuse to understand?

A normal Wii cost $99.

In a vacuum, maybe, but the only way you can get a Wii Family Edition right now is in a bundle, which cost more than $99. You cannot purchase a full-featured Wii (which isn't even "full-featured" since it's lacking the GameCube functionality) for $99 right now.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

They have enough Wiis left for anyone who'd want one, they can just lower the price of the Wii and it would do the same thing plus more. There's no need to make a scaled down model that has even less features.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
They have enough Wiis left for anyone who'd want one, they can just lower the price of the Wii and it would do the same thing plus more. There's no need to make a scaled down model that has even less features.

But what about when the current Wii stock runs out? I'm sure the production cost of the Wii Mini is lower than the Wii. And really, at this point in time, if a person is really dead set on getting wi-fi, they will go and get the Wii U.

A normal Wii cost $99.

The only time I've ever seen a normal Wii for $99 is either refurbished or used.