• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

THOUSAND SUNNY (OU Drought Team)

Crazykid

Team at a glance:
;038; :494: ;003; ;472; ;463; ;196;

Spr_5b_038.png

"1000 Sunny"
Ninetails (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 4 SDef /162 Speed
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Atk)
  • Fire Blast
  • Energy Ball
  • Will-O-Wisp
  • Hidden Power (Fighting)

Come aboard and enter the Lion-Flower thingy called the Thousand Sunny! This is a standard lead Ninetails that is suited to outspeed enemy T-tars, Will-O-Wisp them and promptly finish them off with a Hidden Power (Fighting).
Against the rare enemy Specially Offensive T-Tars, I am without a doubt done for, also it takes 3 HP Fighting to KO a Specially Defensive Ttar.

Spr_5b_494.png

"ビクティニ"
Victini @ Life Orb
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature (+Speed, -SAtk)
  • V-create
  • Brick Break
  • Fusion Bolt
  • Zen Headbutt

The Physical Sweeper. Victini is a force to be feared under the sun. It automatically outspeeds all non-scarved base -100 Speed Pokemon and with V-create's 180 Base Power, it will KO most non-resistors under the sun.

Spr_5b_003_m.png

"フシギバナ"
Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Speed
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
  • SolarBeam
  • Growth
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Hidden Power (Fire)

The Special Sweeper. Running SolarBeam is risky if not under the sun, but Venusaur is as good as dead while the sun isn't out anyways. That being said, Venusaur has massive speed with Chlorophyll, and even gives its resistors a hard time. Hidden Power (Fire) is to deal with other grass/Chlorophyll users and Steel-types that resist SolarBeam and Sludge Bomb.

Spr_5b_463.png

"Majin Boo"
Lickilicky (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 244 HP / 74 Atk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Speed)
  • Power Whip
  • Gyro Ball
  • Earthquake
  • Explosion

STAB Explosion! The Special Tank. It is used against Politoed leads, but it should be careful as many Politoeds carry Focus Blast. Gyro Ball to abuse it's low speed, Power Whip for Waters and Earthquake for Fire-types trying to leech off of Drought.

Spr_5b_472.png

"Batman"
Gliscor (M)@ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def /74 Speed
Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
  • Fling
  • Swords Dance
  • Acrobatics
  • Earthquake

The Physical Tank. The Dark Knight himself attempts to Dance at least once so it's Toxic Orb to take effect before flinging it's orb and abusing Acrobatics.

Spr_5b_196.png

Espeon (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Atk)
  • Morning Sun
  • Reflect
  • Light Screen
  • Psychic

The Support. Morning Sun heals 2/3 of Max HP under the sun. Dual screens for support. Switched-in against obvious Spike/Stealth Rock users.

Please tear apart this team, thank you have a nice day!

Last edited:

T100

T100
Rare specially defensive TTARS?
I'm sorry but they are the most common.
nice nick for the lickilicky tho lol.

noob21

3 sum!!!
This team is great I like the sweeper venasuar ide never thought ide see the day where that would happen. My only suggestion would be to take out explosion and replace it with something else. Even though stab explosion is nice explosion doesnt half def. when using it so its not worth loosing your pokemon over. Great team though love it

Crazykid

Well, for Specially Defensive, they are pretty common. I meant to put that Specially Offensive Ttars are rare - they make my Ninetales' Will-O-Wisp useless.

Crazykid

Bump. Comon folks, still need some help on this team...

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
Looks like a pretty solid team, Wouldent LickyLicky want to use a Normal Gem for a more Powerful Explosion? that or give him a Focus Sash so he can survive. Other than that looks good. Love the nick name on LickyLicky lol

Crazykid

Hmm, I never thought of using a gem, maybe - because in the few battle I've been in, explosion hardly KOs.

JOL

One thing I would change is Venusaur's HP. You already have 2 fire types, I might swap if for Ice instead to take out the dragons, ground and fliers?

Crazykid

Do HPs gets the benefits from weather? Because I put it there for Venusaur to receive the boost from Dought and be able to hit steel types -especially Ferrothorn. People tend to switch out when I bring out a fire type, but they usually don't expect Venusaur to carry a HP Fire.

Victorii

You should get rid of explosion, its just not worth it in this gen. Go for STAB Return instead.
The rest looks solid, although victini is broken and I dont like it when players use it. Dont get me wrong, its a killing machine under the sun, but victine lacks team creativity imo. I like the way you use Boo. You might want to run Leafeon, which is a true beast in my sun team and I use Swords dance, X-scissor, Leaf blade and Aerial Ace for max coverage. Also, I would go for a defensive set on Ninetales or it gets 1hko'd pretty easily. And since she's your weather inducer, you dont want her to die pretty fast so enemy weathers can take it over.

Crazykid

Would you recommend switching Leafeon in instead of Saur? I just kinda like how both my sweepers are both polar opposites, yet they do work together. Also, I kinda want Vicitini in as the reason I put together this team was that I got my hands on a Jolly movie Vicitni with good IVs. Thanks guys, didn't know about explosion being nerfed, I'll replace explosion with return on Boo.

Crazykid

for venasaur, sleep powder > sludge bomb.

I've found that sludge bomb is actually very great offensively. Would you recommend me replacing HP Fire for Sleep Powder?

Crazykid

Anyone know of a good rapid spinner for this team, because I'm not always able to predict stealth rocks.

Crazykid

Bump, still need some help with this team!

Victorii

Donphan, go with donphan instead of gliscor.

As for sludge bomb on venusaur, last battle I had, sludge bomb saved my life. I did growth on venusaur and killed 4 pokes in a row with it..!

Im using Sleep powder, Growth, Giga drain and Sludge bomb. STAB, life orbed +2 Gigadrain is boss, trust me!

zerozoner

Why is Ninetails using energy ball instead of solar beam?

You already have instant sunny day so why are you not using it on the Pokemon that causes it automatically?

Crazykid

Donphan, go with donphan instead of gliscor.

As for sludge bomb on venusaur, last battle I had, sludge bomb saved my life. I did growth on venusaur and killed 4 pokes in a row with it..!

Im using Sleep powder, Growth, Giga drain and Sludge bomb. STAB, life orbed +2 Gigadrain is boss, trust me!

Well, Giga Drain is illegal with DW Venusaur.

Crazykid

Any other advice? I don't really want to replace Gliscor, as he's my game maker, since people don't expect Swords Dance.