• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Three Jynx & A Baby! (445)

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Gravy said:
Are you sure about that? I could've sworn they said that they were in Viridian City, in the dub at least :/

You sure the dub didn't say they were en route to Viridian City? Anyway, if they really were in Tokiwa City, don't you think Satoshi would've challenged the gym right then and there? Geographically, I'm pretty sure Tokiwa City and Hanada City are very close to eachother, but the only way going to Hanada first makes sense is if they were in some town that's somewhat between both locations. Rather than some rather senseless backtracking (honestly, how vital is it that Tattsuu have a body of water to swim in? Monster Balls were invented for the purpose of carrying creatures around in virtually any environment a human is capable of going through... or did Kasumi suddenly forget this? You do gotta wonder why the hell she let Tattsuu rest on her shoulder about an episode prior to that.... come to think of it, that was while they were transversing an ocean... pff, no body of water to exercise in my a**), they'd go to one place first, then go to the other place, which is desirable because the latter is closer to Masara Town, where Satoshi intended to go when he finished collecting badges.

I... hate... Jynx. And there's three of them, so it makes it worse. What? there's four att he end? Great... just great.

Well, at least the Secret Organization of Politically Correct Hippies (SOPH for the rest of you) probably won't ban this episode since they took out most of Jynx's politically incorrectness.

I would've liked it if soemone caught the Smoochum, or it not evolving at least. Curse you, Jynx! Curse you!!!

Chris

Old Coot
We'd tell you, but then we'd have to kill you. ;\

You're not allowed to ask.

skarmachild

Cheer up.
HoennMaster said:
sounds dumb, but it looks like a good episode

It was... okay, it was weird how it all went together near the end and seemed to be animated a bit differently, better though. Average filler though, the next ep should be better.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yamato-san said:
You sure the dub didn't say they were en route to Viridian City? Anyway, if they really were in Tokiwa City, don't you think Satoshi would've challenged the gym right then and there? Geographically, I'm pretty sure Tokiwa City and Hanada City are very close to eachother, but the only way going to Hanada first makes sense is if they were in some town that's somewhat between both locations. Rather than some rather senseless backtracking (honestly, how vital is it that Tattsuu have a body of water to swim in? Monster Balls were invented for the purpose of carrying creatures around in virtually any environment a human is capable of going through... or did Kasumi suddenly forget this? You do gotta wonder why the hell she let Tattsuu rest on her shoulder about an episode prior to that.... come to think of it, that was while they were transversing an ocean... pff, no body of water to exercise in my a**), they'd go to one place first, then go to the other place, which is desirable because the latter is closer to Masara Town, where Satoshi intended to go when he finished collecting badges.

Unless my japanese is really off, the original episode, and probably the dub as well, said the group was en route to Tokiwa.

Since I'm posting in this thread anyway, I might as well post my thoughs on this episode:

Jesus, Satoshi, you're the king of double standards, aren't you? Muchul didn't have any objections about going with the Rockets, and no matter what those overprotective Rougela felt about it, people "catching" wild pokemon the same damn way he has done before is something he could stay out of for once. Catching wild pokemon is what people do in this world.
The Rougela were in the wrong by attacking a nearby city because their fellow pokemon willingly went with a couple of trainers who didn't even know of the Rougela sisters' existense. Stopping the three pokemon would be the right thing to do, not trying to get Mucul back. Again, catching pokemon is what people do in this world, and it's not like the Rockets were doing it by unethical means this time. They simply stumbled upon a pokemon they wanted, and the pokemon didn't have any objections going with them. We've seen a lot of pokemon being caught in the exact same fashion during the show.

Nope, didn't like the episode.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Jesus, Satoshi, you're the king of double standards, aren't you? Muchul didn't have any objections about going with the Rockets, and no matter what those overprotective Rougela felt about it, people "catching" wild pokemon the same damn way he has done before is something he could stay out of for once. Catching wild pokemon is what people do in this world.
The Rougela were in the wrong by attacking a nearby city because their fellow pokemon willingly went with a couple of trainers who didn't even know of the Rougela sisters' existense. Stopping the three pokemon would be the right thing to do, not trying to get Mucul back. Again, catching pokemon is what people do in this world, and it's not like the Rockets were doing it by unethical means this time. They simply stumbled upon a pokemon they wanted, and the pokemon didn't have any objections going with them. We've seen a lot of pokemon being caught in the exact same fashion during the show.
It depends on your definition of caught. Smoochum ate the riceball and then TR just picked it up and took it away. Thats not exactly catching. If TR were to have caught it in the pokeball or if Smoohum willingly went with them. Also although TR got it fair and square they have been known to have tried to catch things fair and square and the anime make it seem like they did something wrong. The anime also wanted to portray they were a big happy family and of course no one can seperate each other from their family:(. Remember when TR traded victreebell for Weepinbell and they had it use sweet scent and they tried to get elekid but Ash and co. attacked them because Casey wanted to catch it. That was even more unfair for TR.

Anyway I thought this episode was funny and quite good. I noticed on these epi discussions lately people have just said oh it was just a filler and automatically class it as crud. I liked the bonsly & manene filler and this filler but not the city one but I'm reading people just in general say it was bad because it was a filler.

X-Wing

Cascade Trainer
Heracross said:
Hey guys, check out which city they decided to rip off this week! 8D

What amazes me is that just by seeing this episode's scene, it raised a flag in your memory telling you :"Hmmm I've seen this city before" and then you actually find an image to prove your souvenir right !!! I'm not sure wether to admire your memory or deplore your excess of free time ;)

~Flareon~

This episode looks interesting. Firstly, Ash and his friends walk and saw a Smoochum and May decides to touch it but suddenly Jynx appears and use Blizzard at May. So as Ash and Pikachu, but they have been freezed and they turned into popiscle. Secondly, Team Rocket take Smoochum with them. Secondly, Ash and the others, the Jynx sisters came in just in time to get Smoochum from Jessie. But James and Meowth came and take Jessie in the balloon. But Ash have a idea, he sends Swellow to use Aerial Ace to break the machine arms and drop Smoochum down. Brock, May and Max came to catch it. But Smoochum jumps on their body. The Jynx sisters use their Ice Beam to freeze Team Rocket and their balloon and Pikachu finishes them off with Thunder. Smoochum kissed Ash and then Smoochum begins to glow and evolve into Jynx.

Last edited:

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
nice to see Pikachu getting forzen in the begining.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Nice episode, I noticed that woboffet(sp.) wasn't in this episode.

ManeneMan

POKEMANS! SO KOOL!
I didn't like it too much, it would have been a good opportunity to add a new member to Jessie's team. If we didn't already have Manene as the cutie of TR, I would say definitely let Jessie catch Smoochum.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
*scrolls back some pages*

So Heracross was complaining that they reused some background, who knew that back here that would be the least of the things they rehashed in recenet years.

One of those Jynx had a screwed up voice. The other two sounded like normal Jynx. Heh, after watching this episode you never would have thought Jynx was such a controversial Pokemon that they actually banned some episodes just because Jynx was in it.

I remember when KidsWb delayed May's final Hoenn Contest just because her coordinator rival used a Jynx. They played that Contest AFTER the Grand Festival, which ended up confusing most people as to where May got her 5th ribbon from and why she went back to a Contest after the GF. Lol, idiots. Thank god Cartoon Network isn't as crazy with Jynx as KidsWb was.

Dammit, May's Combusken should have fried those Jynx. Anyone notice PUSA tends to make Ash say really nice things to May now? At the sunset scene when May says she's hungry, you'll see what I mean.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
As I recall this is the second appearance of Jynx in purple.

Back on topic, I haven't seen either version of this episode yet (I did see its neighboring episodes in Japanese though) and I have to say it's nice to see that the ban on Jynx has been lifted. I'm assuming Jynx keeps its archived voices from back in its appearances in its older color.

Also, if you've checked Pocketmonsters.net, when you hover over this episode title, a caption appeared reading, "Woot, a Jynx. Another banned episode?" (may not be the exact words, but it should be close) LOL! I don't know if the sites up right now though, but I thought it was funny.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I thought this episode sucked. Wasn't there a debate going on as to why the twerps were trying to stop Jesse from getting Smoochum? From what I could tell, the Jynx and Smoochum weren't owned by anyone.

Thank god, the BF saga didn't have many fillers.

Medea

Excalibur
Oy, oy, oy! *Medea gets sued by Al Franken*

Okay, as much as I love Jynx and it is one of my favorites. I did not like their new voices, and I thought this was a rather boring filler. Now there were some funny lines that were pretty damn hilarious. Like when Jessie said she wishes she would where something longer.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. There was a few parts I found to be funny. When TR fought over the rice ball and Meowth getting hit by Ice Beam. TR getting blasted off while still frozen was hilarious.