• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Three men arrested for Gordon Brown Death-Thread

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

That is true, he'll probably wait a bit. Like, until he does another **** up, and use that as the excuse xD

BloodthirstPriest

I don't speak monkey
The British REALLY hate their Prime Ministers...

The British overthrew the monarchy in favor of the parliament, and several years later they wanted another monarch. Ironic. The same could happen for Gordon Brown. Well, maybe...

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
The British overthrew the monarchy in favor of the parliament, and several years later they wanted another monarch. Ironic. The same could happen for Gordon Brown. Well, maybe...

Technically, the Prime Minister is more politically and democratically oriented than what a monarch would be if the Queen still had political power. The monarch is now simply ceremonial, while the Prime Minister and the Parliament really divide the role that a monarch would have played.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Isn't Brown not even British? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I really need to catch up with world politics.

Heh, you americans are missing out on so much. If you ever see one of our newspapers we're so into our political bashing it's unreal. You're left wing or right wing and it's your duty to despise everything about the wing you are not. :p

I do believe you are correct Ms. Platypus, about Browns heritage.

Edit about below; I stand corrected!

Last edited:

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
Brown is from Scotland.

Weird thing is, an English man cannot join Scotish parliament, but a Scot can join English parliament.

That's the only reason my Mum hates him.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I wish I was British and could relentlessly bash politicians without being labeled an anti American in league with terrorists...You guys have all the fun

So you have to be British now to bash American politicians? I've been going at this the wrong way then.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
So you have to be British now to bash American politicians? I've been going at this the wrong way then.

You don't have to be British, but it helps :)

I think even if we Brits do get a decent PM, we won't like him/her.

It seems we Brits don't like authority, and will criticize everything an important world leader does...

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
It seems we Brits don't like authority, and will criticize everything an important world leader does...

I doubt anyone likes laws, especially a leader who the country's future depends on. Letting the future be in one person's hands is never a good choice -- that's why Britain has Parliament. Just be glad that you guys don't have Bush to deal with.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Technically, the Prime Minister is more politically and democratically oriented than what a monarch would be if the Queen still had political power. The monarch is now simply ceremonial, while the Prime Minister and the Parliament really divide the role that a monarch would have played.

Interestingly, while England - not to mention all Commonwealth states - are a Constitutional Monarchy, the Monarch still retains the power to disband Parliament and assume absolute power. Of course, the Queen is hardly going to do that ;)

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Assuming absolute power would violate the Magna Carta, wouldn't it? :\

Sort of, yes. 'Absolute' is perhaps to strong of a word. All the Manga Carter does is restrict a monarch from exercising complete and utter unquestionable authority by making it 'law' that certain things can not be thrown aside like basic human and legal rights (the most notable being habeas corpus).

Though that said, the Magna Carter is a very old document. I am unsure whether it's legal validity would still maintain itself today.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Sort of, yes. 'Absolute' is perhaps to strong of a word. All the Manga Carter does is restrict a monarch from exercising complete and utter unquestionable authority by making it 'law' that certain things can not be thrown aside like basic human and legal rights (the most notable being habeas corpus).

Though that said, the Magna Carter is a very old document. I am unsure whether it's legal validity would still maintain itself today.

I suppose that it does retain its legal validity. If the U.S. Constitution still is put into effect today, then the chances are that the Magna Carta keeps at least some of its validity. And the monarch being able to regain political power is something I haven't known, and it seems a bit "out there," if you know what I mean.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
I suppose that it does retain its legal validity. If the U.S. Constitution still is put into effect today, then the chances are that the Magna Carta keeps at least some of its validity. And the monarch being able to regain political power is something I haven't known, and it seems a bit "out there," if you know what I mean.

Yeah, but the U.S. Constitution is a somewhat more important document than the Magna Carter, lol. Plus, the U.S. Constitution was only made 230-odd years ago, whereas the Magna Carter was written nearly 800 years ago.

As for the idea being 'out there' - haha, yeah I know what you mean xD. I'm sure the whole situation is more complex than I've just blatantly said though.

Anyway, we're getting a little off topic again (lol) so we'd probably be better off continuing this conversation elsewhere.

dark rift

IMO Brown is just as much (if not more) of an idiot then Bush, and the fact he ruined the country within the first months he came into parlement proves it, by not sorting out the thugs of the land, but rising bills to stop global warming instead so more thugs pop up, and then everybody wonders why everyone is getting stabbed these days.

And I would have supported those Al Qaeda people (no I'm not islamic or an extremist) only because he has ruined the country enough and needs to be got rid of/ overthrown.