• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

three teams

glox

;143; Snorlax@Leftovers
Rash+Immunity
-Zen Headbutt
-Surf
-Crunch
-Return

;026; Raichu@Magnet
Timid+Static
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot
-Iron Tail
-Double Team

;094; Gengar@LifeOrb
Lax+Levitate
-Focus Blast
-Thunder
-Sucker Punch/Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

;088;/;089; Grimer/Muk@???
Hardy+Stench
-Minimize
-Sludge
-Mud Bomb
-Fling

;380; Latias@Soul Dew
Quirky+Levitate
-Dragon Claw
-Refresh
-Mist Ball
-Zen Headbutt

;475; Gallade@MuscleBand
Hardy+Steadfast
-Psycho Cut
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-Focus Blast
Team 2:
;130; Gyarados@???
Modest+Intimidate
-Thunder
-Fire Blast
-Surf
-Dragon Rage

;112; Rhydon@SoftSand
Relaxed+LightningRod
-Earthquake
-Sandstorm
-Horn Drill
-Hammer Arm

;202; Wobbuffet@Leftovers
Jolly+ShadowTag
-Counter
-Mirror Coat
-Safeguard
-Destiny Bond

;248; Tyranitar@???
Lax+SandStream
-Thunder/Ice/Fire Fang
-Dark Pulse
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

;350; Milotic@???
Adamant+MarvelScale
-???
-???
-???
-Surf

;157; Typhlosion@Passho Berry
Quirky+Blaze
-Thunderpunch
-Flamethrower
-Rock Smash
-Swift
;249; Lugia@???
Bashful+Pressure
-Whirlpool
-Fly
-Hydro Pump
-Aeroblast

;243; CrownRaikou@???
Rash+Pressure
-Zap Cannon
-Aura Sphere
-ExtremeSpeed
-Weather Ball

;245; CrownSuicune@MysticWater
Relaxed+Pressure
-Sheer Cold
-Air Slash
-ExtremeSpeed
-Aqua Ring

;385; CrownEntei@SitrusBerry
Adamant+Pressure
-Flare Blitz
-Howl
-ExtremeSpeed
-Crush Claw

;217; Ursaring@SilkScarf
Bashful+Guts
-Shadow Claw
-Faint Attack
-Sweet Scent
-Slash

;024; Arbok@???
Hardy+Shed Skin
-Crunch
-Stockpile
-Swallow
-Spit Up

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Hi.

Unfortunately, I'll have to inform you that this team will not work out at all as a Rain Dance team for the simple reason that only one of your Pokémon can induce Rain, and it does so very poorly anyway, as it has no Damp Rock attached. In addition, your Pokémon don't really function all that well in the rain; every member should be benefitting from it in one way or another. However, I will give a few suggestions on things that I think can be amended.

Firstly, in the rain, Raichu is completely outclassed by the event Raikou. The set which I use is as follows;

Raikou @ Leftovers
• Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Aura Sphere
- Calm Mind

It's a straightforward CM set, but hugely effective. If you've got a turn of rain to spare, and you're not up against something posing an immediate threat, then you can use CM if you so wish. Otherwise, you'll be pretty much attacking all the time but given that Thunder and Weather Ball are being boosted to 180 (STAB) and 150 (effect and weather) respectively, this is not an issue. Aura Sphere simply goes in as it provides some nice coverage for you to work with and all that. I would include HP[Ice] on this set, to make BoltBeam, but imo it's really not needed in this case. The only thing that you'd gain is coverage against Grass, which Aura Sphere handles well enough. Beware, however, of Venusaur running Earthquake as it completely walls you and then hits for a lot of damage; I would recommend you go to Gengar to deal with this threat.

I'll assume that you're going to find a better way to keep the Rain in play, and leave Thunder on Gengar for now. It looks alright, but if you opt to go with the suggested Raikou then you will not need to be using Focus Blast as Aura Sphere already gives you a far superior (imo) Fighting-type special attack. I would use Hidden Power [Ice] instead, to help you make up for Raikou's lack of BoltBeam. If you are not re-breeding then Focus Blast can probably stay, though, to prevent walling from Steel types. Sucker Punch is a poor choice on Gengar as it has a very low Atk stat, and so you should use Energy Ball instead. Try to get a Timid nature on it, too.

Sorry, but in all honesty, Special Gyarados fails pretty hard. I suggest you just slap the standard Dragon Dance set on it;

Gyarados @ Leftovers
• Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Ice Fang / Return
- Dragon Dance

Just DD up when you have time and sweep. Waterfall gets you a powerful STAB attack, boosted by rain if it's in play. Earthquake is a massively risky move in Doubles, so try to use it only when Gengar is out. Or just replace it altogether. The other move is mostly filler; Stone Edge for QuakeEdge coverage, or Ice Fang for general coverage through lack of options. Return also provides excellent coverage alongside Water, so it is a good option too; only Empoleon and Shedinja can resist your attacks.

You've lost me now. Is the PBR team meant to be Rain Dance, or is that only the first team or what? Are you combining the first three Pokémon you have listed with the last three or can you only use three in total in PBR? Please clarify and I'm sure that either I, or someone else, can help you out.

Hope this helps. Tbh you'd probably be better off forgetting the whole Rain idea for the first team unless you're willing to essentially re–make it completely, or at least giving Snorlax the Damp Rock to boost Rain's duration.

glox

Thanks, I'm actually changing the team at the moment, sorry you had to do all that. I'm going to edit the post now.

EDIT: Done. Four teams of my Pokemon, I couldn't decide on just one. The last is a team I have in mind, but still need to fully execute. I basically need help on movesets. I have a general idea. The title says RainDance, IGNORE IT!

Last edited:

glox

Anyone gonna help?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Four teams? You only have three.
And do you want me to edit the thread title? Since apparently you don't plan to have a rain team anymore xD
Also, you used the wrong emote for Entei ;)

I'll do Team C, then.

Lugia
Modest/Calm/Bold Nature
~Aeroblast
~Earth Power
~Ice Beam
~Calm Mind

Raikou
Rash Nature
~Aura Sphere
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt
~Extremespeed

Not sure on the event Suicune.

Entei
Adamant Nature
~Flare Blitz
~Stone Edge
~Extremespeed
~Howl

Ursaring
Adamant Nature
~Return
~Night Slash/Shadow Claw
~Close Combat
~Earthquake

Arbok
Jolly Nature
~Gunk Shot/Poison Fang/Poison Tail
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Seed Bomb

glox

Sure, and yeah I meant three, and it was Jirachi but i'm trading it.