• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Throwing the Track Switch! (523)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well, for what it's wprth, I'm displeased. To think I was optimistic for a good six months or so that the old fire/water thing wouldn't happen and that's shattered by two trainers deciding they don't want something which was already developing a much more interestinbg relationship with their original trainer. DP may seem innovative now, but this is just a twisty-turny opening to a saga which will prove from now on to be predictable and generic for all.

All because Ash is getting back to the same type of team he uses all the time --.

We still have plenty of other things that make DP intresting and at least Ash is getting his pokemon in new ways.

Edit:Well after watching the episode I do not see them trading back as Buizel and Aipom have taken to Ash and Dawn quite well, not to mention Ash and Dawn understood what needed to be done and went through with it.

Last edited:

RedSuzaku

i don't see a problem with Ash's "type" of team, actually Buizel's attacks are cooler than Aipom's, and more suitable for gym battles i think.

Almighty Zard is right, at least he's getting pokemon in new ways.. that doesn't make Sinnoh look generic at all.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm interested in seeing if Buizel will do better in battles now that Ash has it. Dawn never really got a chance to use it to its full potential.

As for Aipom, it will surely help Dawn win a number of Contests and I'm interested in seeing her reaction when it evolves down the road.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
yay, now buizels awful loosing streak will hopefully be stopped in it's tracks.
I care more for buizel than aipom really.

how anyone can think buizel is ugly is beyond me.
way more adorable than aipom imo.

DSDark

Breeder
Buizel is a much better fit then Aipon ever was. Right from the begin Aipom was interested in contests. Plus with Buizel battling an elite four member it wasn't going to settle with contest battles

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm interested in seeing if Buizel will do better in battles now that Ash has it. Dawn never really got a chance to use it to its full potential.

I'm pretty sure it will be handled well, especially in against Crasher Wake and his Floatsel, and especially better than the fandom is handling it anyway.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Haven't watched the ep yet, but glancing over the pics, you can't really go wrong with Carnivine smothering Sudowoodo in its tentacle-like vines.

Wobbuffet also crys while wearing sunglasses.
Team Rocket looks like they hold this episode up.

Oh and about that pic Kojiro posted at the begining of the thread, Jesus, can Booizel be even uglier?

Everyone was involved in this unfortunate accident.
opening to a saga which will prove from now on to be predictable and generic for all.

Next episode has a Karate Bibarel.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
DP may seem innovative now, but this is just a twisty-turny opening to a saga which will prove from now on to be predictable and generic for all.
That pretty much sums up my feelings on the whole matter. Still, it gets the job done of getting people interested in the characters and what's gonna happen to them. But I agree with the others who said the trade was too cut and dry, especially if it's permanent. Ah, I dunno. I'll wait until after Solaceon's contest to give up on the matter. Plus, I'm just gonna retire from making predictions for this saga. Sure, I called Happiny with Brock, but after Dawn getting Buizel, Chimchar going to Ash, and the whole trade with Ash getting Buizel after all, I'll just let the impulsive folk take care of guessing what happens next (though I still agree with CM; this was all ultimately a roundabout way of getting to the same result).

uber gon

Accept Change
So what was wrong with Ash and Pikachu?

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
AHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
EH,i knew it would happen. I know it is good for both the pokemon in the long run. Just could they have at least not have had aipom act like ash didnt exist and what was up with aipom sitting on Dawns head like she had been her trainer her whole life? Frankly i dont want my favorite pokemon on her team... It just looks like Ash's typical sort of team now which i have no problem with but... I hope on the last episode It shows aipom sad before ash leaves and decides to ditch dawn and leave with him. I mean they cant make Ash and Aipom such a great team and so close and then it just end. Buizel seemed to care less so whatever. Aipom is basically the key to dawn winning any contests because it was with Ash. Now Buizel will stop this losing streak because ash will know how to work his moves right. So now is Ash's team just all males... Gosh how boring and typical. At least now the best thing of all hopefully RIOLU IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR ASH!

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
AHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i knew it would happen but it really sucks. I know it is good for both the pokemon in the long run. Just could they have at least not have had aipom act like ash didnt exist and aipom not attomatically become Dawn's best friend because i dont want my favorite pokemon on her team.... It was great how it was. It just looks like Ash's typical sort of team now which i have no problem with but... I hope on the last episode It shows aipom sad before ash leaves and decides to ditch dawn and leave with him. I mean they cant make Ash and Aipom such a great team and so close and then it just end. Buizel seemed to care less so whatever. Aipom is basically the key to dawn winning any contests. Best part about this is now RIOLU AND ASH CAN BE!!!

Maybe Buizel could be a role model to Riolu.

That would be so awesome if the next episode was a lead up to Ash getting the Riolu, I'd love it. Ash getting all three of my favorite Pokemon would rule. Any ways I can't wait to see how Ash uses his Buizel and how Dawn uses her Aipom.

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
The Spiritomb Episode which spiritomb attack ash could be a build up for ash to get riolu or so

yeah i know, people are all getting irritated about people using the
8th movie as a reference but it just fits so well. I mean ash has
sr. aarons almost same aura they made it a big deal and ash and lucario became close and then he magically pops up in the game and gives the main character a riolu. The signs are all here. As long as the main character in the game is not dawn in the anime.

They gave dawn my two favorite pokemon (aipom and buneary) the writers have got to be doing this on purpose just to drive me crazy...

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
Attention Noobs and others: Aipom is still with Ash and Buizel is still with Dawn.

How can you not see that they are TRAVELING TOGETHER? They can still visit their pokemon from before, only if they are under new management. Once Dawn leaves, then you complain. So just wait a few more years.

Next episode: They'll sit down to lunch, Aipom and Buizel will be eating some food along with Ash and Dawn.
(not actually episode plans; example only)

Dawn will still see Buizel. Ash will still see Aipom.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I know Grass/Fire/Water may be repetitive, but atleast the writers had Ash obtain them in unique ways and the fact two of them belonged to main characters, so it's better then him just catching them normally.

Chimchar and Buizel are both cool Pokemon though, so it's not like Ash got stuck with some lameos or something.

And, y'know, the writers atleast showed they can build up a plot and follow through with it which I think would call for some celebration.