• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Throwing the Track Switch! (523)

Durivan

The trade actually seemed completely reasonable to me. I think it was in the best interests of both of the Pokemon that they both get to do what they really want to do.

Despite what I might feel, I don't think the complaining about the trade is ever going to stop.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Despite what I might feel, I don't think the complaining about the trade is ever going to stop.

You'll quickly learn that no matter WHAT happens, people here are gonna complain about it. :/

Kataphrut

Pretty good episode. As usual, Team Rocket were the highlight, such as James's proclamation of being back, in mid blast-off. And of course the afore-mentioned 'Smoked Shades Wobbufet".

So THIS is the trade that spawned a legion of flamewars and Zoey-haters? I don't see the big deal. That trade was perfectly acceptable, we all knew it was going to happen and it works out for the best. My only gripe with that trade was the fact that they had to use a machine, even though Ash and Dawn could've just 'swapped balls'.

dman_dustin

My only gripe with that trade was the fact that they had to use a machine, even though Ash and Dawn could've just 'swapped balls'.

Actually someone theorized it might actually have to do with the Pokeball itself, even if they swapped balls, Aipom would still belong to Ash and Buizel would still be Dawns so they had to use the machine so they actually belong to the right trainer. The person's theory was more complex but I don't think you want to hear it.

Also this may just be my theory but if it wasn't Ash or Dawn, chances are the machine makes it so a Pokemon will listen to the new trainer. I don't think swapping balls is going to cut it in that case.

Dax

Legend
Not even in English I was able to enjoy the trade. I love Buizel with Ash and Aipom with Dawn but the episode was just horribly done. It was boring and there was no creativity in the execution of the trade. I thought it was so generic.

Geodude

Another possibility that's been presented is that the machine may be necessary so the proper registrations for the League/Contests can be exchanged as well. We know that those are tied to the Pokeballs, since IIRC we've seen Nurse Joy check Ash's registration for Leagues by scanning his Pokeballs.

Rebeccag

I liked this episode espically the team rocket bits with James being all emo and the wobbefet voice bit that was funnt. But the trade was ok as well and it made it seem logical with the training before the trade. I probably prefered the previous 2 episodes to this though but thats just me

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
And again: What a great episode!

A "loss" of one of Team Rocket´s Pokemon influencing the following episode was unique and surprising!
But what took my by surprise most was the trade between Ash and Dawn. D/P is striking completely new paths and that´s just awesome!!
If it only would last forever!
Buizel fits Ash just perfectly (btw, two "monkey"-Pokemon would have been really strange) Another Pokemon with great fighting spirit, so I´m eager to watch their future battles. His team´s development is just a pure pleasure experience! Kepp on going this way, producers!

Moreover the many hilarious underplots should be mentioned:
Team Rocket crying and hugging each other or Ash and Pikachu running around like having been stinged be a bee(drill lol) amused me a lot.

To come to an end, I don´t see any reasons for criticizing at all.
Awesome episode which let´s you fell fully glad!

TeddiUrsa

And again: What a great episode!

A "loss" of one of Team Rocket´s Pokemon influencing the following episode was unique and surprising!
But what took my by surprise most was the trade between Ash and Dawn. D/P is striking completely new paths and that´s just awesome!!
If it only would last forever!
Buizel fits Ash just perfectly (btw, two "monkey"-Pokemon would have been really strange) Another Pokemon with great fighting spirit, so I´m eager to watch their future battles. His team´s development is just a pure pleasure experience! Kepp on going this way, producers!

Moreover the many hilarious underplots should be mentioned:
Team Rocket crying and hugging each other or Ash and Pikachu running around like having been stinged be a bee(drill lol) amused me a lot.

To come to an end, I don´t see any reasons for criticizing at all.
Awesome episode which let´s you fell fully glad!

So it is okay that Aipom and Buizel both had no problem with the trade? Aipom loves Ash, Ash was jealous of Jessie when she used Aipom in a contests, Ash even wanted to be with Aipom for a whole year when it took a crown back in the BF, but apparently nobody really cared about the feelings of the pokemon or of Ash. All what mattered was fighting skill... :/

A few flashbacks would have been nice, or at least let the pokemon act more like themself then like lifeless battle dolls...

Don´t get me wrong, I have no problem with the trade (anymore), but the execution of it was terrible. the episode was animated and written poorly... :/

pinoyinspired

teh Ampharos nut!
So it is okay that Aipom and Buizel both had no problem with the trade? Aipom loves Ash, Ash was jealous of Jessie when she used Aipom in a contests, Ash even wanted to be with Aipom for a whole year when it took a crown back in the BF, but apparently nobody really cared about the feelings of the pokemon or of Ash. All what mattered was fighting skill... :/

A few flashbacks would have been nice, or at least let the pokemon act more like themself then like lifeless battle dolls...

Don´t get me wrong, I have no problem with the trade (anymore), but the execution of it was terrible. the episode was animated and written poorly... :/

i agree, but i think the only reason that he considered the trade even more was the fact that Aipom wasn't really leaving. if it were any other trainer im pretty sure that he wouldn't do it.

ShadowDragon16

Another possibility that's been presented is that the machine may be necessary so the proper registrations for the League/Contests can be exchanged as well. We know that those are tied to the Pokeballs, since IIRC we've seen Nurse Joy check Ash's registration for Leagues by scanning his Pokeballs.

If thats true, I guess they can also find out if the pokemon was stolen. I guess the trade machine made the trade officil for the offical League/contests.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
^ I, for one, I'm glad we didn't get another 'BAAAAWWWW I has to give my poketo monsta away' episode.

I think the point is they should have never played up the Aipom having a crush on Ash thing if it completely disappeared and showed no emotion over not being his pokemon anymore.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
This episode could have had more going on really. The trade was a wise and creative idea (I was one of the first to predict it), although Aipom's love for Ash should have been made clearer. I think they could have each done with a scene featuring the trainer and pokemon, and possibly an overnight gap before the final decision. Cheesy, I know, but it works.

Manafy

I'm happy they traded. I don't think Ash belonged in contests. xp