• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Throwing the Track Switch! (523)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I screamed inside when Zoey pet Buizel while remarking about his preference for battling over fancy appeals or whatever; he just looked so cute for once.~ I also loved how James was still depressed at first over the Cacnea thing and eventually got over it. Anyway, I cackled when Carnivine and Seviper successfully wrapped Glameow and Sudowoodo.

JudySpell

Banned
So this was where the controversial Aipom & Buizel swap occurred. As a neutral party I didn't think the trade was such a bad thing. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I didn't think Ash and Dawn would really trade pokemon, but I liked that Zoey appeared and that she suggested it. I also liked seeing James still moping around cuz of his Cacnea release ha ha. :]

This is just my thought process, but the Buizel and Aipom exchange was a bad idea. There was hardly any reason for Ash and Dawn to trade.

Lunala

Banned
This is just my thought process, but the Buizel and Aipom exchange was a bad idea. There was hardly any reason for Ash and Dawn to trade.

Other than Aipom enjoying contests more than battles and Buizel having no business being on Dawn's party?

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
As much as I truly hated this trade, I felt as if it needed to happen since Aipom and Buizel did better with Dawn and Ash. But still, I wish this was the case since day one....

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
There was hardly any reason for Ash and Dawn to trade.

I dunno about that cuz I'm pretty sure we had foreshadowing that showed Aipom's love of Contests early in Dp as well as glimpses of Buizel's preference for battling. So clues of the trade existed for a while and made the trade reasonable.

Alloutℯ

Banned
The swap between Ash's Aipom and Dawn's Buizel deserved way more foreshadowing, and to this day I still don't comprehend why trade machines are needed to complete a trade in the anime.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I appreciated that Kojirou was still mourning Sabonea, and the update about Kengo's progress and the Zui Town Contest was a nice bonus. The fact that Nozomi noticed that Eipam suited Hikari's battling style more than Buoysel did made me think highly of her, because it proved that she's observant. I thought that the trade itself was overdue.

Daizy

I call you honey
Aipom and Buizel's sudden problems with using the right battle style seemed to come out of nowhere. Good to see that James is still hung up about giving up Cacnea.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Aipom and Buizel's sudden problems with using the right battle style seemed to come out of nowhere.

Well as far as Eipam is concerned, we did see a clash between her interest in Contests and Satoshi's goals, so we had some foreshadowing that Eipam would suit Hikari's team more.

MockingJ

Banned
I think they made the right choice in trading, i don't think Aipom was ever completely happy with Gym battles and Buizel was never going to change it's style to suit contests.

Aipom never showed disdain for gyms though so her sudden 180 didn't make sense since she seemed happy enough.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Aipom never showed disdain for gyms though so her sudden 180 didn't make sense since she seemed happy enough.

If you look at the Battle Frontier, Aipom showed an interest in contests from the start, she only went into gym battles, because that's the path her trainer had chosen.

Leonhart

Imagineer
If you look at the Battle Frontier, Aipom showed an interest in contests from the start, she only went into gym battles, because that's the path her trainer had chosen.

This is true, and it makes me wonder why it didn't simply join Haruka's team back then unless the writers had the trade here planned a year in advance.

Zamin

I liked the episode but I hate that Ash and Dawn trained Aipom and Buizel. Aipom suited Ash well with its cheeky nature and I liekd the way it used to steal his hat and things. I hope they swap back at some point. I like the emotion in this season with Team Rocket too. It was a top episode!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zamin said:
I liked the episode but I hate that Ash and Dawn trained Aipom and Buizel. Aipom suited Ash well with its cheeky nature and I liekd the way it used to steal his hat and things. I hope they swap back at some point. I like the emotion in this season with Team Rocket too. It was a top episode!

In terms of personality, you're right that Eipam and Satoshi were a good fit for each other. But Eipam's love of Contests was foreshadowed practically from the moment it joined the cast, so there was always a hint that Eipam being on Satoshi's team was a conflict of interest since Satoshi was more of a Gym battle enthusiast than a Contest lover.