• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Throwing the Track Switch! (523)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I Think Ash Deserves Buizel Cause Buizel Loves to Fight and I do Think Dawn Deserves Aipom, Aipom LOOOOOOOOVES Contests, Ash should trade more often

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
For now becoming 'that one episode' I wasn't too amused with the setup. Yes it's original but if there is no conflict or sweaty tension wafting about, how should I exactly care about the fate of those two.

Is Zoey trailing close behind our heroes? How can she make these often casual entrances, what kind of character does Zoey think she is?!
At least she doesn't warp across the seas like Oak, given his pocket pension.

How disappointing that Ash can sacrifice Aipom as a retainer for contests, yet remain unsupportive of the first Aipom to be king? I don't trust Dawn quite yet to carry the legacy of the amazing Aipom.

Two monkeys in the team does look like overdoing it, both of them in one battle field just questioned their motives. Aipom riding a star is something I'd like Dawn to master. That and Aipom pimp slapping Chimchar.

Ugh the animation fell far below my standards, Cacnea didn't take away too much I hope. Brock's face, Dawn's scarf. Zoey's butt. If the mood wasn't so serious I might have laughed. Ironically Team Rocket is done to perfection.

Good that Jessie, Meowth, and Wobbuffet try to make it up to James, for really hanging him to dry previously. No Team Rocket going solo episode however. Though now Carnivine is need of a move as nice looking as Pin Missile, or a personality to say the least. How nice that Cacnea was removed from the opening, I don't need to miss my favorite bludgeon for 50 episodes.

The strange techno at the end reminded me that the only clear music I heard was the TR theme. Those voices better quit muffling the classics!

5/10 So what's to become of the Great Buizel Ice Rocket now?

Last edited:

Manchee

extra toasty
I saw this over the weekend.... meh. It was okay, for a trade EP that is. The writers could've done a MUCH better job at portraying how much Buizel loved to battle and how Aipom loves contests. It also wsn't a hard choice for Dawn or Ash. I know if Pokémon were real, it would be hard for me to trade any of my Pokémon, even if it as to a good friend.

Lionel_B

What I would like it is that Ash is Aipom and Buizel in his team.

Personally, I saw the ep as just an extremely dragged out version of the Butterfree/Raticate trade, except no trade back. I mean, they'll see their Pokemon all the time, and they were acting as if they were leaving and never coming back, like a few Pokemon...*COUGH*Pidgeot,Butterfree,Primeape...*ENDCOUGH* Yes, they each had an attachment to their Pokemon, I saw that. I'm not that heartless as to not notice. But they'll see eachother ALL THE TIME.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I thought it was Obv that Buizel was gonna be Ash's. Dawn never used Buizel in a contest, but Ash did use Buizel in its first contest, Ironic?
Plus Aipom was being a little obv with Jessie.

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
I don't have a problem with the trades... What I do have a problem is with the story itself... all of the sudden Aipom is in a Deep Astral travel drooling over Dawn's contest training and all of the sudden Buizel is craving for being in Gym battles. I don't know.. this felt so sudden. Aimpom din't have any problems kicking butt before and all of the sudden he justs wants to jump on Stars like a lil monkey? Lazy writing...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't have a problem with the trades... What I do have a problem is with the story itself... all of the sudden Aipom is in a Deep Astral travel drooling over Dawn's contest training and all of the sudden Buizel is craving for being in Gym battles. I don't know.. this felt so sudden. Aimpom din't have any problems kicking butt before and all of the sudden he justs wants to jump on Stars like a lil monkey? Lazy writing...

Aipom has had an interest in Contests since the Kanto GF while watching May battle.

Buizel always seemed more battle oriented too, so its not too surprising.

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
Aipom has had an interest in Contests since the Kanto GF while watching May battle.

Buizel always seemed more battle oriented too, so its not too surprising.

But the interests were hardly showed. that was like Once or two times with Aipom? all the time he invested his energy in kicking butt in the name of Ash, Buizel I know he was wild when they caught him after all he is a water dog. I say.. if the interests were showned more constanly over the episodes, and I just caught up with over 20 episodes..

But good point a few people here did.. What happened with the crush Aipom had?

dman_dustin

But the interests were hardly showed. that was like Once or two times with Aipom?

I disagree, it was more than one or two times. Aipom had an interest in contests when it saw May's, then when Dawn was going in her first contest, Aipom again, showed it's interest thus making Ash enter the contest with Aipom. And again in Eterna City Gym, Aipom thought the Gym was a contest and came out of its Pokeball in a an appealing style. And then Aipom showed interest in Dawn's style in this very episode.

As for Buizel it just preferes battling, it doesn't dislike contests but just preferes battling.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
. . . after all he is a water dog. . .
Buizel is actually a weasel.
I think it was a little overdramatic. All that's changed is their technical owner. They're not going anywhere.

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
It's just stupid that they made Aipom so attached to Ash.

Personally speaking, I fully agree with you. I think it's just a matter that some writer during the Battle Frontier wanted Ash to have an Aipom, and another didn't want to. So they flipped a coin. The Aipom writer won. Then they flipped another coin during the DP season, and the one that didn't want Aipom won the coin toss.

SO, I think Aipom was traded over because someone lost a bet!

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Personally speaking, I fully agree with you. I think it's just a matter that some writer during the Battle Frontier wanted Ash to have an Aipom, and another didn't want to. So they flipped a coin. The Aipom writer won. Then they flipped another coin during the DP season, and the one that didn't want Aipom won the coin toss.

SO, I think Aipom was traded over because someone lost a bet!
You can't seruosly suggesting that Pokemon is decided on a coin flip?[/cynicism]

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Aipom and Buizel's switch makes so much sense, since it was pretty obvious from early on in both their appearances if they would prefer contests or battling. At least the show kept us in suspense for a while before they finally had the two pokemon traded. So many episodes later, I still think the writers did the right thing. I also like Jessie and Meowth trying to cheer James up while he's still bummed about Cacnea. :)

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
Aipom and Buizel's switch makes so much sense, since it was pretty obvious from early on in both their appearances if they would prefer contests or battling. At least the show kept us in suspense for a while before they finally had the two pokemon traded. So many episodes later, I still think the writers did the right thing. I also like Jessie and Meowth trying to cheer James up while he's still bummed about Cacnea. :)

On the topic of Cacnea, I'm suspicious that they'll bring it back into James roster. After all, James is still very attached to it, as emphasized by the first Jun episode, and I'm sure he would love to see it again.