• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thundercloud [An OU Rain Team]

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
I just came up with this new team and I peaked 1300 on showdown with it so here it is:
--Changes will be in Bold--

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Toxic
I go more defensive with politoed because I think it fits it better than an offensive set. It starts up drizzle, I usually perish song to force a switch, then scald/toxic/ice beam away.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
Ferrothorn is here to set up rocks. It can really annoy other teams. Leech seed + Power Whip + Thunder Wave = Pure awesomeness with this guy. He's mainly defensive but can help take down some Pokemon.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This is just a basic tornadus-T set. He's helped destroy many teams before. I mean this guy can sweep. The only concern I have is that Life Orb makes him lose HP really quick.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Ya, ya. I know. "Why Thundurus and Tornadus on this rain team?" You might think. He works really good as a sweeper and he works really good with the team. He is really good with leftovers too.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Acid Armor
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Scald
This guy, let me tell you, rocks. Acid Armor Sub Batton Pass to Salamence THundurus-T or Tornadus-T really helps this team sweep. Hydration is awesome in rain with this guy and scald lets me get some of that needed damage in.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
Now, Moxiemence. He is epic. Pure epic. If I get one outrage in with this guy, I sweep whole teams. Hydro Pump works great in the rain. Earthquake is coverage for this guy and dragon claw after one or two outrages after I eat the lum berry. This guy is meant to be a full on sweeper for this team.

Now there is my new team.

Main Concerns:
-No Spinner​

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Pretty sure I faced this team while I was testing my Rain team. It wasn't you though, and I can't tell if it was the same team or not since it ragequit after I KOed the Thundurus. Same Pokemon though.

It's almost identical to my team really, bar some different sets. And I use something else over Mence. I can't remember what off the top of my head, Gastrodon I think it was. Still, Mence is fine.

As a spinner, your best bet is probably Rain Dish Tentacruel. But seeing as I mainly use Xatu now my Spinner knowledge is pretty steadily deteriorating.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Starmie is a deadly Rapid Spinner in rain as well.

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
You may stop rating.
I made some major differences to this team after posting this and should post an upgraded version soon.