• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thursday: New 3DS Game Announced

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

13-09-2012 06:04 BST / 01:04 EDT by Serebii If you have any site ideas, let me know during these slow news times. CoroCoro is due at any time this week and tomorrow marks the Wii U press conferences revealing launch games and release date!

More...

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Was hoping for Battle Revolution that used ladders and 6 on 6 battles available from the eShop but oh well. Anyways, I'm going to pass...

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Was hoping for Battle Revolution that used ladders and 6 on 6 battles available from the eShop but oh well. Anyways, I'm going to pass...

That'd never happen. The point of the Battle Sim games is for them to be on the big screen

ParaChomp

be your own guru
That'd never happen. The point of the Battle Sim games is for them to be on the big screen
Good point bug a man can dream.

No less, good news for the Mystery Dungeon fans. As for me, I think I'll pass due to monies and the fact that I'm not interested.

YESSS. Finally a new PMD game, and for 3DS no less!

However I am hugely disappointed in the extremely limited selection of hero/partner Pokemon to choose from. Play as Pikachu by default? Only have the starters + Axew as potential partners? Oh well.

At least it will be in full 3D. =D

Bardische

Elegance.
EHRMAGERD. It's in 3D. Omg. It'd probably feel like playing through Colosseum or XD, but just with more Pokemon. I am so excited to roam around that village.

(Dang it I have to get a 3DS, like, seriously, if it means I'm gonna be able to play this)

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
YESSS. Finally a new PMD game, and for 3DS no less!

However I am hugely disappointed in the extremely limited selection of hero/partner Pokemon to choose from. Play as Pikachu by default? Only have the starters + Axew as potential partners? Oh well.

At least it will be in full 3D. =D
There'll definitely be more to choose from. Hopefully Riolu is one of the possible players. :)

There'll definitely be more to choose from. Hopefully Riolu is one of the possible players. :)

Ugh I hope so I want Zorua dammit. That was one of my favorite aspects of the PMD series, to take a personality test and see what Pokemon you got to play with for the rest of the game as.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
AWW YEEEAAAHHH

Though I have a feeling they'll screw up balancing Axew compared to the other hero candidates and it will either be broken or massively suck. Also, the 3D character models will probably take some getting used to.

Ampharos_Dude

Go go MR Rangers!
My only nitpick about this whole thing: The 3D. Why couldn't Mystery Dungeon stay in 2D format, it fits in there better in my opinion.

nuzamaki90

HAHA YES!

This is a must buy, idc, I'm getting this new PMD game. I'm still a little bit letdown because of no XD Sequel..
BUT WHO CARES! IT'S MYSTERY DUNGEON ON THE 3DS :D

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Oh how I was looking forward to this! :D :D :D
Lucky I bought the 3DS a few months ago!
(Now to make sure they don't pull a Stormy/Blazing/Lightning on us)

ManhattanTheStarr

Extraordinarily excited, dude. I did NOT think the Mystery Dungeon series was going to continue. And not with such a huge improvement on the graphics either. Can't wait. ;)

Oh, and hopefully we have more available player Pokemon other than Pikachu, Axew, and the Unova starters. I want the past gen starters as well, you know. Maybe even Zorua.

Last edited:

Kall El

..Silence..
Well I can't say that I am suprised by this announcement - should give GF more time on Gen 6 production..
That being said after playing and thouroughly enjoying PMD Blue, I still haven't started the PMD Darkeness..

Pspaans

X&Y Fan
I like the PMD series because it's harder to finish the games. the only thing is: I don't have a 3DS
But I guess it will take around 5 months before the English release, so I have enough time to get the money for a 3DS and that game.
But i really hope that there are more Hero/Partner Pokémon, If there are only 5, then, I don't think I buy the game.

Blazios

I like the PMD series because it's harder to finish the games. the only thing is: I don't have a 3DS
But I guess it will take around 5 months before the English release, so I have enough time to get the money for a 3DS and that game.
But i really hope that there are more Hero/Partner Pokémon, If there are only 5, then, I don't think I buy the game.

Of course there won't be 5, every starter in the main games (counting Pikachu in Yellow too) will always be a starter in the main Mystery Dungeons (not counting the Wiiware ones). That means that we currently know of 17 starters, with more to come.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Well, since I do remember reading that the 3DS has roughly the Same Power as a Gamecube, I'm sure that we'll get a lot more starters than shown. *Victory Dance*

Quickly, I'm off to thy speculation thread!

I'm thinking that besides having the previous game's starters return, and the newly confirmed four, why not add in Zorua, Litwick, and Mienfoo?

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
X3333 This made my day. XD Not a fan of the 3D stuff...guess it'll be something to get used to. xDD

I really hope there'll be more starters than those 5, if there are only 5 I *might* pass on this. ^^;