• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tie One On! (270)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Tie One On!

After beating Macey, Ash is up against Jackson of New Bark Town. However Jackson's Meganium and Azumarill have had a previous disagreement with Ash's Bulbasaur & Squirtle causing a huge feud. Will Ash win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

This episode was excellent!
Pikachu struggled a bit with Azumarill but beat it in the end! It's Iron Tail was really cool.
Cyndaquil didn't do too well, it's funny how it had time to use Swift and hit Magneton but not with Flamethrower (annoying writers!)
Bulbasaur was the best in this battle, it beat Magneton and drew with Meganium, the battle between Bulbasaur and Meganium was really intense.

S

Shiny May

the best part of this battle was Meganium vs. Bulbasaur. Neither one of them wanted to give up. Really amazing. A grass type pokemon fight. His Magneton was also really powerful and looked cool. And pikachu grabbing azumarill's tail is also cool.

I also liked how Harrison calmed Bulbasaur, Meganium & co down with his Miltank.
Truly a good episode for the Johto League !!! 9.5/10

H

Hales

So why did Gary stick his two cents in to comment after that fight...

I didn't like Gary until his battle with Ash, or just before it I should say, when he scared me with his sentimental attitude... but thats neither here nor there.

I found Jackson really annoying at first, he loses to Macey in a funny manner though...

M

meggirl63

That Jackson was funny when he had the cape and said "Jackson's in the house!".

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
~Bayleef~ said:
Cyndaquil didn't do too well, it's funny how it had time to use Swift and hit Magneton but not with Flamethrower
I think the reason Swift hit so easily was because it's supposed to be 100% accurate, as in the games.

The begining was a nice touch, building up the heated rivalry between Bulbasaur and Meganium, and it was great to see Squirtle put on, THE SUNGLASSES again! ^_^ The battle itself was also great. I loved seeing Pikachu frag Azumarril, and I also liked that shiny Magneton of Jackson's (I got a shiny Magneton too ^^) . Bulbasaur was truely at his best in this episode, beating not only the powerful Magenton, but had just enough strength to tie with Meganium. Not bad for a unevolved starter don't you think? ;)

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I finally saw this episode and the beginning was pretty funny with Jackson and his antics. I just realised that he was one of the characters in the Raikou Legend of Thunder movie. And how he said hi to his two other friends. Was it Yoshi and Dani I think? I wish he beat Macey even if he was a clutz.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Jackson was pretty funny in this episode when he did that "hi mom" bit to the camera. :) It's funny how he made a mention of the characters from the Raikou special as well. I liked the part when their pokemon were battling and miltank was brought in to calm them down (it was funny how buddy-buddy squirtle and azumarill got after that LOL ). I didn't like Bulbasaur and meganium's voices in this episode (Casey's meganium sounded so much better), but otherwise the episode was pretty good.

L

lightspeed

I like this episode, Bulbasuar did really well in it's battle against Magneton and Meganium. A very entertaining episode, I enjoyed it a lot.

Chris

Old Coot
lmao That's odd as hell.

Any chance of ever finding out what the closed captions show on TV runs?

sleepysnorlax

I'm A Magikarp
this episode really annoyed me. cause if bulbasaur had been a venasaur it would have owned meganium. meganium only one through size.
it was a good episode though

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
I watched this episode today and I didn't know that Jackson's Meganium and Azumarill argued against Ash's Squirtle and Bulbasaur. No surprise at all.

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
Jackson is quite the oddball, even the first time watching it. Seeing that shiny Magneton was a treat something different. Finally the Meganium-Bulbasaur, that was amazing.
10/10